View Poll Results: Should Marvel Kill Aunt May?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

49 55.68%
  • No

39 44.32%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    If they do it will not matter. I have to give Marvel credit with Gwen Stacy not returning. If Aunt May dies, she will return.
    I bet I'll even see Uncle Ben back in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's certainly realistic for an aunt to be younger, but it could also be plausible for her to be in her seventies. One factor is that someone in their 70s now can very well be healthier than someone in their 60s in comic books published give decades ago.
    My grandpa had 7 siblings. The oldest is about 25 years older than the youngest. Mom's youngest Aunt is only a couple years older than she was and they were raised more like cousins or sisters. The oldest... were not.

So yeah, for Aunt may to be a doddering old senior citizen is entirely legitimate. She COULD be younger... but frankly that's a retcon I don't care for. She was created to be the grandmotherly old woman that Peter felt the need to take care of. Turning into someone in her 40's and dating Tony Stark or whatever is basically a completely different character.

Keeping a character that the creators made... but changing EVERYTHING about them kind of misses the point of keeping the characters around.