Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

1- It's Exiles, alternative version of characters , from an infinite multiverse, who can be what the writer want.
    2- She is American in comics.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

In short, Peggy Carter being Captain America is no more silly a concept than Steve Rogers being Captain America, or John Walker being Captain America, or Bucky being Captain America, or Sam Wilson being Captain America.

I suppose Victor Von Doom, say, being Captain America might be a bit silly, but in general terms it's difficult to see how Peggy or some other patriotically inclined individual could undermine the not in itself terrifically serious Captain America concept.

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    I wish they used Sharon Rogers from Future Fight instead of another boring version of a movie character.
    I too wish we'd see Sharon Rogers in the comics. I really like her design.
    With all the randomness Marvel pulls out of their sleeves, I'm surprised they haven't given her a try yet.
    And whatever happened to them featuring Luna Snow in comics? I haven't seen her yet either.
    #EmmaWasRight

BANNED

I like it. *shrugs*

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    In short, Peggy Carter being Captain America is no more silly a concept than Steve Rogers being Captain America, or John Walker being Captain America, or Bucky being Captain America, or Sam Wilson being Captain America.

I suppose Victor Von Doom, say, being Captain America might be a bit silly, but in general terms it's difficult to see how Peggy or some other patriotically inclined individual could undermine the not in itself terrifically serious Captain America concept.
    Core difference is that Rogers, Walker, Barnes and Wilson are all Americans.

That said, I guess we did have Spider UK with a Peter Parker who was British effectively, so I guess it is possible that Peggy in American in that universe, but given they used Haley Atwell at the template for her it still feels off.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

That said, I guess we did have Spider UK with a Peter Parker who was British effectively, so I guess it is possible that Peggy in American in that universe, but given they used Haley Atwell at the template for her it still feels off.
    If they’ve used Hayley Atwell as the model I’m more pained by the movie synergy tbh Even the poor old Collector now seems, on the evidence of Deadpool, to be forced to resemble his MCU counterpart, not to mention Charlie Cox’s and Chris Evans’ admittedly handsome phizogs peeking from the pages of Marvel comic books. It’s probably more understandable in Hayley Atwell’s case, I guess, given that she’s far more prominent in the MCU than she was in the comics for a very long time.

But the Exiles version, as you remark, could have come from anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

well Barnes also worked for the Russians, for the majority of his career.

Honestly I don't think it's that big a deal.

I don't think you necessarily need to be an America to want to honor Steve and what he represents.

Plus, it's certainly not inconceivable that Peggy could decide to become an America citizen. Just because she was born somewhere else doesn't mean she can't become a US citizen.

Steve is an Irish immigrant isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Steve is an Irish immigrant isn't he?
    The son of Irish Immigrants.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Peggy Carter was American in the comics, I believe. Part of the French Resistance.

People may be mistaking MCU Peggy for comics Peggy, which granted, the likeness of Exiles Peggy is based from.

Though I don't know the context of Exiles Peggy, maybe she is British donning the Cap uniform? Who knows? It is kind of weird, but whatever. Not really different than Danny Rand as Iron Fist when you think about it.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Spectacular Member

This is a multiverse story, who knows what this Peggy's lifestory is. Idk why this is such a big deal.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    1- It's Exiles, alternative version of characters , from an infinite multiverse, who can be what the writer want.
    2- She is American in comics.
    It would be amusing if, in whatever universe she comes from, Britain is a colony of the United States... (Or if the War for Independence ended with the fledgling USA in charge of Britain!)

I don't have a problem with it, does it really matter if she was born in the US or the UK?

Captain America was Ultimate Black Panther for awhile. Sometimes #### in comics is dumb. *shrug*
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum