Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

How's Two-in-One? Is it good enough that people would be happy if Zdarsky writes the full Fantastic Four?
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Quote Originally Posted by nickytesla96 View Post
    How's Two-in-One? Is it good enough that people would be happy if Zdarsky writes the full Fantastic Four?
    I think he does a great job with Torch & Thing. Not sure how he would handle Reed & Sue, but I would definitely give it a shot.

Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

For me it was a surprise hit. I'd love to see Zdarsky get a shot at writing the whole team.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Marvel 2-in-1
    DC Comics: Action Comics, Superman, Justice League, The Green Lantern

Xbox Live Gamertag:

K0SL0X

Pokemon Go Trainer Code:

3567 1784 8702

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I think he does a great job with Torch & Thing. Not sure how he would handle Reed & Sue, but I would definitely give it a shot.
    Based on the little bit of Reed and Sue we’ve seen, I’d say he’d do spectacular.

Spectacular Member

so im hearing dont expect any new x-books to launch until the entire line changes in october that the big month for all the x-books.to switch up ..also still saying cates on ff.......brisson has another book gotta be either cable/deadpool book or after this week miles morales spiderman book hes taking over that book....hopeless still has a book hes been working on for a while and gotta figure kelly thompson has at least 2 books for the line

So nothing new until next week?
    Internet Rule 14: Do not argue with trolls — it means they win.

Zdarsky is doing great on Two-in-One, he proved to me that he gets the Fantastic Four from this speech from the first issue of Two-in-One:

The only thing he's yet to prove is how he handles the crazy, scientific adventure aspect. We will find out next issue if he can do it.
    Invisible Woman deserves a solo or mini. It should have happened years ago.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 Out Now! Be sure to check it out!

Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

I'd definitely be on board for this.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    ..also still saying cates on ff.......
    I'm curious to where this rumor is coming from. I've heard good things about Cates but so far he hasn't written anything I'm interested in, though most of those seem on the darker end of the spectrum so this would be interesting.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Katina "Katchoo" Choovanski, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Kate Bishop, Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost, Carol Danvers, Diana of Themyscira
    Current Read List: Catwoman, Lazarus, Mister Miracle, Jessica Jones, Strangers In Paradise, Fantastic Four, X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Action Comics, Copperhead, Green Arrow (Dinah), Wonder Woman, Captain America
    Most Anticipated: West Coast Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Zdarsky is doing great on Two-in-One, he proved to me that he gets the Fantastic Four from this speech from the first issue of Two-in-One:

The only thing he's yet to prove is how he handles the crazy, scientific adventure aspect. We will find out next issue if he can do it.
    Yep, I was sold with this speech as well.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Katina "Katchoo" Choovanski, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Kate Bishop, Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost, Carol Danvers, Diana of Themyscira
    Current Read List: Catwoman, Lazarus, Mister Miracle, Jessica Jones, Strangers In Paradise, Fantastic Four, X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Action Comics, Copperhead, Green Arrow (Dinah), Wonder Woman, Captain America
    Most Anticipated: West Coast Avengers

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    True, most of his stuff has been street-level so should be interesting when I get the trade. Wish his Star-Lord run got another arc since that would've gone to space like the Annual.

Personally if not Zdarsky, I would really want Ewing on FF since his Ultimates/Ultimates^2 run was great and followed up on Hickman's work too.

With Immortal Hulk, I'm happy to have an Ewing book that doesn't need a splash page in every issue listing the names and abilities of characters I'll keep forgetting lol.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

With Fresh Start, is this Marvel's version of Trump's "Make America Great Again" campaign? The absence of books with prominent female leads and or persons of color is alarming.

edit: I can't get over the fact that the Sentry is getting an ongoing. I can't even begin to understand that decision.

edit: I hope media outlets continue to be critical of "Fresh Start", because what they've announced to date is disappointingly conservative.
    Last edited by Harsh Lesson; 03-09-2018 at 02:49 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kinda weird that Marvel's gone two days without announcing anything, especially when they've probably got more books waiting in the wings.
    Well Fresh Start isn't fully synchronized as it was with post-SW. We might still be getting announcements in April.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    ONGOINGS:

AVENGERS #1

by Jason Aaron and Ed McGuinness

BLACK PANTHER #1

by Ta-Nehisi Coates and Daniel Acuña

VENOM #1

by Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman

THOR #1

by Jason Aaron and Mike Del Mundo

IMMORTAL HULK #1

by Al Erwin and Joe Bennett

CAPTAIN AMERICA #1

by Ta-Nehisi Coates and Leinil Yu

DOCTOR STRANGE #1

by Mark Waid and Jesús Saiz

TONY STARK: IRON MAN #1

by Dan Slott and Valerio Schiti

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1

by Nick Spencer and Ryan Ottley

DEADPOOL #1

by Skottie Young and Nic Klein

SENTRY #1

by Jeff Lemire and Kim Jacinto

MINI SERIES:

MULTIPLE MAN #1

by Matthew Rosenberg and Andy MacDonald

COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1

by Donny Cates

QUICKSILVER: NO SURRENDER #1

by Saladin Ahmed and Eric Nguyen

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP #1 AND #2 (OF 5)

by Mark Waid and Javier Garron

LIFE OF CAPTAIN MARVEL #1

by Margaret Stohl and Carlos Pacheco

Btw, it's Al Ewing, no Al Erwin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    With Fresh Start, is this Marvel's version of Trump's "Make America Great Again" campaign? The absence of books with prominent female leads and or persons of color is alarming.

edit: I can't over the fact that the Sentry is getting an ongoing. I can't even begin to understand that decision.

edit: I hope media outlets continue to be critical of "Fresh Start", because what they've announced to date is disappointingly conservative.
    Well it's hard to announce stuff when you can't be the center of attention because of other factors like some Movie called Black Panther is destroying the box office. Then you have Avengers movie hype and the Star Wars LJ DVD coming out.

Also it's March Madness and Spring Break.

It's easier to wait than toss everything out now.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well it's hard to announce stuff when you can't be the center of attention because of other factors like some Movie called Black Panther is destroying the box office. Then you have Avengers movie hype and the Star Wars LJ DVD coming out.
    Shouldn't those work in it's favor since Panther and Avengers are Marvel properties?