Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    They might have offered him Miles and another book as well. As for whether his style fits Miles, I don't know. I think he'd do a bang up job on Miles. But we'll see who it ends up being. Can't imagine we'll be waiting too much longer to find out.
    this sounds comical and at the same time nightmarish, like why force a black character on a writer that doesn't want to write them? He has been complaining nonstop about this in every interview he gives about the big 2

I highly doubt that Priest would be automatically dismissive of writing Miles. Whether he would take it or not, I don't know. But it wouldn't be an insult to offer it to him. A high profile character whose solo book has never been written by anyone but Bendis and who has a major animated film out this year. I think a lot of writers would find that to be a book they'd love to write. Certainly it's going to be a book with a lot of attention on it this year.

From this interview to Priest, I have to agree with Triniking1234 and suppose than Priest would reject Miles. I suppose he would like something like Daredevil or Inhumans or any other character, but he would not be happy if Marvel offered him only Miles Morales, Luke Cage or Black Panther.
    So I got a call from DC, and they wanted to talk to me about Cyborg. I gave them the standard stump speech. I don’t want to be a “black writer.” When did I become a black writer? I used to be a guy who would write Spider-Man, Deadpool, and Batman. Why am I no longer qualified to write those characters? How did I get typecast from writing Black Panther of all things, when that series was never really about Black Panther. It was about the white guy, about Ross. It was narrated through his voice, and I thought I wrote a very well-constructed white character. Why are you now pigeonholing me as a guy who can only write black characters?
    I later found out that Marvel and, to a lesser extent, DC moved into a trend where they were no longer hiring writers—they were casting writers. They’re listening to chatter on Twitter insisting that only a black lesbian writer could write a black lesbian character, and that’s nonsense.
    Source: http://comicbook.com/comics/2018/02/...-black-comics/
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    lol. If Marvel called C. Priest and asked him if he wanted to write black Spider-Man he would've told them to eat spider-sh*t.

Deathstroke is a masterpiece especially since I haven't followed up on the character since the TT cartoon. Hopefully if Priest is at Marvel he's on Punisher, Nova or a X-team book.
    What they should do is call Priest and say: "Pick a B to Z list character. Whoever you want. Do with them what you did with Black Panther."
    Last edited by mugiwara; 03-08-2018 at 12:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    this sounds comical and at the same time nightmarish, like why force a black character on a writer that doesn't want to write them? He has been complaining nonstop about this in every interview he gives about the big 2
    Asking a writer if they're interested in a character isn't the same as forcing it on them. They can always say no.

I'm well aware of Priest's reluctance to be pigeon holed as a "black writer" but I don't think that means he will refuse to write black characters the rest of his career. Just that he doesn't want to be seen as limited to only black characters.

If Priest were able to write some other books of his choosing at Marvel, it might make him more open to the idea of also writing Miles.

He probably isn't writing him at all but I do hope that his presence at the last creative summit means that he's writing something for Marvel.

Do we even know if Priest would or would not want to write the Miles series, much less if he was offered it in the first place?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    What they should do is call Priest and say: "Pick a B to Z list character. Whoever you want. Do with them what you did with Black Panther."
    Priest would tell you that at the time he was writing BP it was not selling well at all. Only after he finished his run did it become this cult classic and iconic BP book or take. He always credits Reggie Hudlin for really selling the character and bringing new readers in.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    They'd have to promise to give him at least three years with no cancellation. But, I'd be totally down with Priest getting to make New Warriors the definitive Marvel "teen team".
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I wonder if Marvel will reveal some female led books today considering it’s International Women’s Day.
    That would be cool. At the very least, I'd like to finally find out who's writing Jessica Jones!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Today would be the best day to announce that considering the release of season 2!
    Well this was disappointing that no announcements were made today. But never let it be said that Marvel doesn't miss great opportunities.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Yeah, all we got was variant covers for books that were already announced.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

HMMMM OK WHERE ARE THE WOMEN....NO SHE HULK.DAZZLER.ROGUE.PSYLOCKE.STORM.SPECTRUM.BLACK CAT.ongoings.ok Marvel.I'm waiting.

Guess they didn't have any female-led books planned to be announced and decided to skip the day.
    Last edited by Hi-Fi; 03-08-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

He probably isn't writing him at all but I do hope that his presence at the last creative summit means that he's writing something for Marvel.
    Speaking of this summit, have we heard anything from Hickman besides his final S.H.I.E.L.D. issues? I know he was taking a break from Marvel, but his presence there seems to pretty much confirm he's ready to be back for more new work. I find it odd he wasn't on ANY of the flagship books announced lately. Makes me wonder if he's gonna end up on X-Men (assuming the rumors about a relaunch for the main titles are true) or Fantastic Four... or if perhaps he's not going to end up on a flagship title at all by his own choice.

Not FF - he's done that already. Uncanny X-Men would definitely be a good shout though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not FF - he's done that already. Uncanny X-Men would definitely be a good shout though.
    I don't think there is any rule saying a writer can't work on the same title twice, so unless he has specifically stated he's not interested in working on that title anymore, I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Guess they didn't have any female-led books planned to be announced and decided to skip the day.
    Kinda weird that Marvel's gone two days without announcing anything, especially when they've probably got more books waiting in the wings.