Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well it's hard to announce stuff when you can't be the center of attention because of other factors like some Movie called Black Panther is destroying the box office. Then you have Avengers movie hype and the Star Wars LJ DVD coming out.

Also it's March Madness and Spring Break.

It's easier to wait than toss everything out now.
    I imagine the success of the Black Panther would make Marvel more eager to announce books featuring persons of color, not less. Frankly, at this point, I'm not expecting much. Just really confused about the direction they were aiming for with this relaunch. It isn't being received well at all, for many reasons, including them stepping back from emphasizing inclusion.

Yeah we better get a Blade book soon, come on CB. And i know it wont be classic Marvel action blade. But i dont care if its in the style of Fractions Hawkeye ie, Image style. How they let Aja go? To do a book with Ann Nocenti, no less. Thats why Axel got the axe

And deadpool fans, skottie young will not disappoint, trust me.

So 3 days with no announcements. Wonder what’s going on.

So far, I am excited about Deadpool, Amazing Spider-Man and Tony Stark: Iron Man.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Yeah we better get a Blade book soon, come on CB. And i know it wont be classic Marvel action blade. But i dont care if its in the style of Fractions Hawkeye ie, Image style. How they let Aja go? To do a book with Ann Nocenti, no less. Thats why Axel got the axe

And deadpool fans, skottie young will not disappoint, trust me.
    Ann Nocenti is doing a comic??

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post

With Fresh Start, is this Marvel's version of Trump's "Make America Great Again" campaign? The absence of books with prominent female leads and or persons of color is alarming.
    Well, it's not like in the last 2-3 years Marvel didn't only focus on female leads and people of color. And where did that lead us? To alarmingly low sales.
    In the end of the day, the comic industry is a business. They're about selling products and making money. And if the audience doesn't buy what they're selling, then they have to change things up.

edit: I can't get over the fact that the Sentry is getting an ongoing. I can't even begin to understand that decision.
    Doctor Strange comics with Sentry in them were selling were well. Every issue went to a second print. That's really not bad. You shouldn't be surprised, that they're interested in seeing how Sentry comics would sell. On top of that there is a lot of material for Sentry comics.

edit: I hope media outlets continue to be critical of "Fresh Start", because what they've announced to date is disappointingly conservative.
    You mean far leftist journalists, who are more interested in clickbait than actual representation of minorities?

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Well, it's not like in the last 2-3 years Marvel didn't only focus on female leads and people of color. And where did that lead us? To alarmingly low sales.
    In the end of the day, the comic industry is a business. They're about selling products and making money. And if the audience doesn't buy what they're selling, then they have to change things up.
    Marvel didn't solely focus on women and Poc. There were still more books starring white male leads than the others.
    Marvel's problems weren't because of diversity.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Shouldn't those work in it's favor since Panther and Avengers are Marvel properties?
    Nah comics stuff would get drowned by the movie stuff

just look at that DC imprint news that came out yesterday at the same time as the Avengers stuff
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post

Doctor Strange comics with Sentry in them were selling were well. Every issue went to a second print. That's really not bad. You shouldn't be surprised, that they're interested in seeing how Sentry comics would sell. On top of that there is a lot of material for Sentry comics.

You mean far leftist journalists, who are more interested in clickbait than actual representation of minorities?
    LOL There was never a point when over 50% of the line didn't star white male leads and over 50% of the creators weren't white male creators. If anything it just went from "insanely overrepresented compared to their percentage of the population" to the slightly less "incredibly overrepresented compared to their percentage of the population"

For every Cap or Thor that saw the mantle shift to a woman or POC, we also had a less-popular white male book launched like Cable, Black Bolt or Ben Reilly.
    Last edited by dan12456; 03-09-2018 at 05:57 PM.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Nah comics stuff would get drowned by the movie stuff

just look at that DC imprint news that came out yesterday at the same time as the Avengers stuff
    I have absolutely no idea what Avengers news from yesterday you are even referring to? Like the White Wolf thing?
    The DC Black Label stuff was reported near the top of every comic website, often with multiple articles. Everyone who frequents comic sites knows about it.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

The White Wolf thing and 15 Entertainment Weekly covers showing most of the Avengers and GOTG.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

It's not a bad thing to space out the announcements. Only the die hards 'need' the info all at once.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    LOL There was never a point when over 50% of the line didn't star white male leads and over 50% of the creators weren't white male creators. If anything it just went from "insanely overrepresented compared to their percentage of the population" to the slightly less "incredibly overrepresented compared to their percentage of the population"
    There's no longer any point to all this grandstanding about diversity. It was never about sincere representation of minorities, Marvel just wanted to sell low quality comics to the Tumblr crowd, who live on sanctimonious preening. Yet for all the praise that Tumblr gave Marvel's bold new direction they never actually bothered to buy the comics, many openly discussed pirate websites as a means to avoid paying for the content they demanded. So in the end Marvel lost money and ruined their reputation as company, all in the greedy pursuit of those diversity dollars which never existed in the first place.

Moon Girl and Squirrel Girl made money, Gwenpool is making merch money.

The problem was they put bad talent resulting in bad books. Or pointless solos that I guess were farming soon to be talent.

Since they’re leaving Invincible, I want Robert Kirkman and Ryan Ottely on a X-Men book... Imagine that.