Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    That's his name, it's weird that people are mad about this
    ...No it's not. It's Logan...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    That's his name, it's weird that people are mad about this

Laura could always get a new code name or share it but at the end of the day when people say Wolverine people won't be thinking about Laura.
    I agree. Logan is Wolverine.

As for Laura going back to X-23, that may not be how she's referred to in the actual book.

She might adopt a new code name within the book but having this title bear the name of an entirely new code name for her probably is a bad move if you want people to instantly recognize a name on the shelves. Whether she's outgrown it or not, readers still know Laura as X-23.

If she is referred to as X-23 within the book, I'd imagine that this would be something that the story itself would address.

I'm just glad that she'll still have a title. My only real worry is how hard Taylor will be to follow. He's done an incredible job on this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Stripping her of the Wolverine mantle just to give it back to that boring old prick Logan would be insulting her enough, given she's earned the mantle.
    Wolverine is one of the most popular characters in the world. I don't know how anyone thought Laura having the name was ever gonna be permanent. It's like all the people who were super convinced that there was a conspiracy at Marvel to get rid of all the white dudes when it should've been rather obvious to everyone involved that stuff like Jane as Thor or Sam as Captain America were only ever intended to be temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Also I find it kind of funny/ironic that people were clamoring for diverse books/creators, and the first female lead female character comes out and boom!- instant controversy. lol
    I think it's because Mariko's run of She-hulk hadn't inspired too much trust among readers. There were some things that were interesting, but the pacing of the arcs were slow and the ending of many of Mariko's story arcs has been extremely rushed (first arc of She-Hulk being a huge proof of this). Also the interview have given me the vibes that the writer will throw many of Laura's development to the garbage to push Laura back to the square one (she could bring the trigger scent again and that would be a huge step back in Laura's story)

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Wolverine is one of the most popular characters in the world. I don't know how anyone thought Laura having the name was ever gonna be permanent. It's like all the people who were super convinced that there was a conspiracy at Marvel to get rid of all the white dudes when it should've been rather obvious to everyone involved that stuff like Jane as Thor or Sam as Captain America were only ever intended to be temporary.
    No reason there couldn't be two Wolverines. But nope. The inevitable return to an old status quo, because screw change, just give readers shit they've seen already.

Hopefully X-23 is just a marketing name and she'll get something new in the actual book. Otherwise, they're totally ignoring this:

That's from All-New Wolverine #18, and that speech was reused on her Legacy primer.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

Sam reverted back to his sidekick codename so why shouldn't the experiment revert back to her "original" designation? Soon it will be Miles' turn to merrily swing his way to an awful codename then FINALLY all will be well in the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I think it's because Mariko's run of She-hulk hadn't inspired too much trust among readers. There were some things that were interesting, but the pacing of the arcs were slow and the ending of many of Mariko's story arcs has been extremely rushed (first arc of She-Hulk being a huge proof of this). Also the interview have given me the vibes that the writer will throw many of Laura's development to the garbage to push Laura back to the square one (she could bring the trigger scent again and that would be a huge step back in Laura's story)
    I actually loved Tamaki's She-Hulk. So I'm excited to see her take on Laura. I just hate that Laura has to go back to a name she totally rejected, just because Marvel decided that every single development that every single character goes through has to be undone at some point, in order to reset them to 0 so the same frigging stories can keep getting told over and over and over.

Astonishing Member

Howabout no one gets the name Wolverine? Instead there will be two comics called 'Logan' and 'Laura'?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    No reason there couldn't be two Wolverines.
    Redundancy. Having a bunch of people running around with the same name is just needlessly messy from a branding standpoint, particularly when one is already a pop culture icon. At least with Green Lantern, there's an excuse there because it's the name of the Corps they belong to.

Of course, there's no reason they couldn't just have given Laura a new codename like they did with Honey Badger.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Sam reverted back to his sidekick codename so why shouldn't the experiment revert back to her "original" designation? Soon it will be Miles' turn to merrily swing his way to an awful codename then FINALLY all will be well in the MU.
    Miles doesn't have a former codename to change back to (if they were going to make him Kid Arachnid like in the cartoons, they'd have done it when he joined 616), neither does Hawkeye. So those two are safe. So is Ironheart, because she was never Iron Man in the first place. The other remaining ones are Captain Marvel, who's safe because the original is dead, and Ms Marvel, also safe because Carol won't need to revert to that name. Cap is gone, Thor is gone next issue, Hulk is gone after the next arc, and Jean is probably gone when X-Men Blue ends.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Redundancy. Having a bunch of people running around with the same name is just needlessly messy from a branding standpoint, particularly when one is already a pop culture icon. At least with Green Lantern, there's an excuse there because it's the name of the Corps they belong to.

Of course, there's no reason they couldn't just have given Laura a new codename like they did with Honey Badger.
    There's two Hawkeyes, and it's fine. There's two Spider-Mans, and it's fine. Things were fine when there were two Captain Americas.

They could've had two Wolverines. You'd have Laura, and you'd have Logan, and they'd both be using the name, and it would've been fine.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Anybody fide it weird that Gabby has a more distinct codename than Laura now? Oh god Gabby is so dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Miles doesn't have a former codename to change back to (if they were going to make him Kid Arachnid like in the cartoons, they'd have done it when he joined 616), neither does Hawkeye. So those two are safe. So is Ironheart, because she was never Iron Man in the first place. The other remaining ones are Captain Marvel, who's safe because the original is dead, and Ms Marvel, also safe because Carol won't need to revert to that name. Cap is gone, Thor is gone next issue, Hulk is gone after the next arc, and Jean is probably gone when X-Men Blue ends.
    Yup. Miles also has the excuse of coming from an alternate reality. Oddly his series has been hinting to him coming up with a new codename, but now that he has a movie coming out, they might rethink that.

With her series ending I also wonder what that means for Kate Bishop as Hawkeye.

Who cares what she's called. Honestly. Laura is keeping a solo ongoing series. Be happy. Stop complaining.