Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast

Wait is that a girl Spidey?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Wait is that a girl Spidey?
    Peter's been hitting chest three times a week

Come on Marvel, more announcements please. DC have announced the new Detective Comics writer today.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Forget that. We does it look like he has the largest cup size of the 3.
    Well when Carol lost hers, the universe dictated that it had to go somewhere

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Come on Marvel, more announcements please. DC have announced the new Detective Comics writer today.
    Marvel cant because while dc plans things out, marvel makes everyting last minute

Ultimate Member

That writer is only doing 5 issues.

And Marvel is going to wait until the usual set of complainers throw their fits about who is getting gigs at DC, before saying what they are planning.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That writer is only doing 5 issues.

And Marvel is going to wait until the usual set of complainers throw their fits about who is getting gigs at DC, before saying what they are planning.

I don't think marvel have waited on any complainers

I don't think they are nearly that strategic or concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The Dora Milaje are getting a trio of one-shots collectively called Wakanda Forever.

Well now. I'm certainly not going to complain about Nnedi Okorafor. I mean, I could wish for her to do an ongoing at Marvel, but I'll definitely get these three one-shots.

More announcements like this, please, Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The Dora Milaje are getting a trio of one-shots collectively called Wakanda Forever.

Out of all the books, it's depressing that this is the third announcement that's actually excited me.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Now that I think about it they'd all have to be Amazons.

Well, I don’t really know who is the V3 of Wolverine, but Daken is a shoo-in for Riderman what with him losing his arm all the time. (And yes, they are ALL Amazons)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Marvel cant because while dc plans things out, marvel makes everyting last minute
    They have a weekly series currently running. Do you know the kind of advance planning needed to pull that off successfully?

Marvel knows exactly what is in their June solicitations every bit as much as DC does. If there's any new announcements they want to make prior to their posting, they will.

Mighty Member

Sam was actually called All-New Captain America in the same way Laura was All-New Wolverine, until his creative team changed after Secret Wars.
    Neither of them were called 'All new", that was just the name of their book.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    They have a weekly series currently running. Do you know the kind of advance planning needed to pull that off successfully?

Marvel knows exactly what is in their June solicitations every bit as much as DC does. If there's any new announcements they want to make prior to their posting, they will.
    Well they haven't pulled it off successfully so Marvel clearly doesn't know either.

This week we got an announcement on what? Tuesday and Friday? Great "weekly series" lol.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Well they haven't pulled it off successfully so Marvel clearly doesn't know either.

This week we got an announcement on what? Tuesday and Friday? Great "weekly series" lol.
    The weekly series is Avengers: No Surrender. It hasn't missed a week yet and will run to the end without skipping a beat.

Bottom line is that no comic book publisher does anything "last minute." The lead time for production makes that impossible. And the amount of extensive planning and scheduling that goes into making a weekly series run on time is especially daunting.

I don't know what you're talking about in regards to announcements.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Well now. I'm certainly not going to complain about Nnedi Okorafor. I mean, I could wish for her to do an ongoing at Marvel, but I'll definitely get these three one-shots.

More announcements like this, please, Marvel.
    Same.

Bemis started out with the Worst X-Man Ever mini and he and Rosenberg had Foolkiller/Rocket/Kingpin during Marvel Now 2.0 which were doomed to end after an arc, now they're doing ongoings. So here's to hoping! (as long as she wants to, of course).
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.