Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    This thread made no sense to me at all until I realised that you mean Hickman had re-signed with Marvel - which is almost the opposite of resigning.
    I know, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...mics-shilling/

Bleeding Cool states that he was ready to write a new Legion of Superheroes book but the delays of Doomsday Clock changed any plans they may have had.

But at DC Comics, he was planning to write the new Legion of Super-Heroes series. However, I understand that there were internal delays, with Geoff Johns having specific characters and teams that are off the table until Doomsday Clock concludes, and that series has been getting a lot later, switching from monthly to bi-monthly.

And they included Justice Society, Captain Marvel, the Legion, and more.

Hickman writing the LoS would have been amazing. This is pretty damn depressing.
    Dammit Dc, holding up these properties is asinine. I love Geoff as a writer but, he has to much to juggle, Doomsday Clocks scheduling is a result of this. They had Hickman, smfh...
    #MagnetoWasRight

I understand the impatience, I'm a JSA fan and i'd love to see them back but i'd rather DC takes the time and does the various re-launches right instead of rushing Johns and getting an inferior product. Clearly Johns has new or revised status quos in mind for the characters. Johns is still the master of the revamp, and I trust him. In the meantime DC can focus on the Superman and team-book revamps. It's good to spread things out a bit. If Hickman can't wait, then let him go to Marvel. If he really wants to write Legion he can come back later when DC is ready.
    Last edited by Thor2014; 03-05-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I understand the impatience, I'm a JSA fan and i'd love to see them back but i'd rather DC takes the time and does the various re-launches right instead of rushing Johns and getting an inferior product. Clearly Johns has new or revised status quos in mind for the characters. Johns is still the master of the revamp, and I trust him. In the meantime DC can focus on the Superman and team-book revamps. It's good to spread things out a bit. If Hickman can't wait, then let him go to Marvel. If he really wants to write Legion he can come back later when DC is ready.
    He has had 7 years to get his act together.

No one and I do mean NO ONE made him take on all these plans. If he can't do it-he needs to hand those guys over to those who WANT to do something with them.

We saw this waiting mess by Johns with Cyborg. How has that worked out?

Sooner or later-folks will get tired of waiting and they will say screw it. No one is going to keep begging for stuff to be done.

To me there is zero excuse for Johns to be delayed.
    He is not writing War And Peace.

Yeah he’s had plenty of time. If he can’t handle it, then he needs to stop holding characters hostage and let someone else who is capable have a shot at writing them.

Totally agree. Something that is supposed to be as important to the DCU's future as Doomsday Clock should have been halfway done being produced before it was even announced. GF is an amazing artist but fast he is not.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    To me there is zero excuse for Johns to be delayed.
    He is not writing War And Peace.
    This has happened before with Johns, as anyone who remembers his dismal Barry Flash run and string of unrealized promises can attest.

I agree--don't hold up these characters. Let other creators handle them.

This is an unworthy, biased thought coming up.

I haven't bothered reading any Geoff Johns stuff for years...I think his efforts nowadays are spread over far too wide a front to make a really good run pretty unlikely.

From time to time I pick up one of his trades in the library. As I flick through the pages nearly always confronted with big splash page after page...see 3 panels on a page, and you've struck gold.

The thought then springs to mind: "Geoff isn't giving much story for his artists to work on".
    Last edited by JackDaw; 03-06-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I understand all the complaints here.

Who at DC has the power to engage Johns with an intervention?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I understand all the complaints here.

Who at DC has the power to engage Johns with an intervention?
    I imagine it works rather like one of my old firms, where the managing director was also chief shareholder.

He alone had the power to bollock himself. But strangely enough he never did that!

BANNED

Johns used to report to Diane Nelson, but apparently not any more. And if Bleeding Cool is to be believed, someone even higher up was in the process of putting him on a short leash even before these problems with Doomsday Clock erupted.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-06-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Doomsday Clock better clean up this missing years mess and continuity problems the new 52 introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    This has happened before with Johns, as anyone who remembers his dismal Barry Flash run and string of unrealized promises can attest.

I agree--don't hold up these characters. Let other creators handle them.
    I don't think Johns held those books back. He was promised they were going to happen and then DC editorial turned Flashpoint into what it ended up being.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Doomsday Clock better clean up this missing years mess and continuity problems the new 52 introduced.
    It's just not possible. Unless they straight up say "It's Post-Crisis Continuity but with a few of the popular newer elements", instantly causing a TON of changes, there's really no way they can ever clear up most things.