Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I know Aretha but if she was at her peak when Celine, Mariah and Whitney were at their peak, I don't think she can outshine them.

I know Aretha can hit higher notes but it's not just about hitting those notes. It's about generating a beautiful and controlled voice.

That's why in VH1 Divas Live, Aretha just kept on hitting high notes and when Celine tried singing back, Celine's voice was infinitely clearly more beautiful.

I would say Mariah is the most beautiful among the three.
    Whitney was the most beautiful out of the 3. mariah is not as pretty as she looks. when you look at Mariah close up she is average. whitney had a very pretty face.

Whitney-Houston-Big-hair-perm.jpg
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-01-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Dion, Carey, and Houston...

If ever there were three people born to be in the uncool and unhip thread.
    Oh, c'mon. Celine won the Eurovision for Switzerland. You can't get much more hip than that.

They're not music artists though.
    You've got me there. Although apparently Agatha Christie was pretty nifty on the mandolin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    Whitney was the most beautiful out of the 3. mariah is not as pretty as she looks. when you look at Mariah close up she is average. whitney had a very pretty face.

Whitney-Houston-Big-hair-perm.jpg

Ive checked Whitney's a few first singles with music videos and she has all the make-up on her face. Ive noticed she has some not so good angles which were obvious.

Ive checked Celine's first english single where does myheartbeat now music video and she kinda has a hidden beauty but never fully developed. Her eyebrows are too thick.

Ive checked Mariah's first single love takes time music video and i believe she didnt have make up there and she really has a lot of beautiful angles. Didnt notice not so good angles for her. Mariah has an advantage cos she really knows how to carry herself.

Oh. Are you guys celebrating "Celine Dion Month" again this year?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    Whitney peaked by the late 90s due to her drugs abuse and troubled marriage. Her voice was damaged severely by the mid 2000s

Mariah Carey's career in my opinion declined after she divorced Tommy. She never reached the heights that was Vision of love, daydream and music box. Butterfly was the only exception. Also, she became more about her image. Her voice also declined to an extent by the mid 2000s though not severely like Whitney's voice.

Nothing ever really derailed Celine's career and She can still truly sing
    so she should have stayed with the abusive and controlling douchebag?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Oh. Are you guys celebrating "Celine Dion Month" again this year?
    Expect more Celine Dion-related threads this month. Just kidding!

Every time Whitney comes up, I just wind up thinking about this...

BANNED

Ive checked Mariah's first single love takes time music video and i believe she didnt have make up there...
    Seriously? You don't get to be on camera professionally without make-up. Doesn't matter if you're Mariah Carey or Clint Eastwood.

Does it really matter which one is bigger?

I like songs by all three but personally I think Whitney has the best voice. Celine and Mariah can go overboard with the vocal histrionics.

Ive checked Mariah's first single love takes time music video and i believe she didnt have make up there and she really has a lot of beautiful angles. Didnt notice not so good angles for her. Mariah has an advantage cos she really knows how to carry herself.
    You seriously can't see how much make up she has on. Look at her eyes and lips.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Ive checked Whitney's a few first singles with music videos and she has all the make-up on her face. Ive noticed she has some not so good angles which were obvious.

Ive checked Celine's first english single where does myheartbeat now music video and she kinda has a hidden beauty but never fully developed. Her eyebrows are too thick.

Mariah is light-white skin, of course in society the light skin girl always appears more beautiful until we dig deep to what beauty is. I used to think Mariah was very pretty but when I saw her more her face is just meh.

Mariah knowing how to carry herself is far from the truth in my opinon. I think she knew how to carry herself when she was with tommy and was not trying to compete with other women like Beyoncé or Jennifer Lopez who just have natural sex appeal.

Post 1997 Mariah always tries too hard to be sexy. Her boob job is unflattering and is too big for her body. she looks so disproportionate and she always need to expose herself. one time she met this European prime minister and her boobs were all exposed. it was so inappropriate. her performance at the new year's eve 2016 left a lot to be desired. Mariah also fears age and time. she does not act like a woman pushing 50. she acts like a 25 year old. At times its hard to believe she are Celine are roughly the same age.

Whitney knew how to carry herself better apart from when she was high and was on the juice (drugs)
    Last edited by Sandfall; 03-01-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Celine ain't no Dolly Parton. That lady built a theme park paradise. Til she does that , she will never be like Dolly !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

How do you think she stacks up to Post Malone? I heard he spent 8 weeks on top of US Billboard's hot 100, wow, when was the last time Celine Dion did that?

Niffleheim

Whitney Houston released the least number of albums but sold the most and in just one language.