View Poll Results: where would you choose to live?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wakanda

92 70.23%
  • Latveria

39 29.77%
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Where would you choose to live...Wakanda or Latveria

T'challa offers you to live in Wakanda

Doom offers you to live in Latveria

what do you choose

and NO answering neither/or other

Both get destroyed every Tuesday these days but since I can't pick neither I choose Wakanda because T'challa isn't a villain.

But a lot of the Wakandan citizens are xenophobic are Latverians also like that?
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 09-25-2015 at 07:23 PM.
    We need better comics

I would choose Wakanda. Much more history and much better weather. Even the outside is air-conditioned!
    Last edited by nj06; 09-25-2015 at 07:29 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Wakanda. Any day of the week. Wakanda may face alien invasions and fish terrorism but at least I don't have to worry his majesty T'Challa will trample over my rights like Doom would.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Both get destroyed every Tuesday these days but since I can't pick neither I choose Wakanda because T'challa isn't a villain.

But a lot of the Wakandan citizens are xenophobic are Latverians also like that?
    that's the thing...i honestly think Latveria would be a more accepting place of people (of all races and nationalities) than Wakanda..

probably more freedom there as well... as long as you don't piss of Victor

Wakanda, lets face it, is extremely xenophobic

Wakanda, looks warm.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I voted Latveria. You know... because I'm evil.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I voted Latveria because I think the climate would be milder and Doom holds festivals at the drop of a hat. Right now Wakanda is a wreck until we see what happens when things get rebooted.

I picked Latveria. Sure, Doom is, y'know, Doom. But it's always looked like a fairly pleasant place to live and I think the climate is more to my liking.

Wakanda seems really nice - so it's a hard choice, but obviously Latveria is a safer place and I am kind of afraid by those strange gods and goddesses living there. So, even if I'm a cat lover, I must agree to all the arguments of the previous honorary Latverians of the thread. And I hope we all will get a green card !

latveria.jpg
    Last edited by Abe; 09-26-2015 at 02:51 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    that's the thing...i honestly think Latveria would be a more accepting place of people (of all races and nationalities) than Wakanda..

probably more freedom there as well... as long as you don't piss of Victor

Wakanda, lets face it, is extremely xenophobic
    I have no patience with xenophobia. Punch my ticket for Latveria where you KNOW Victor will protect the populace.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Under Kirby, Lee, McGregor and Priest, Wakanda was in no way xenophobic or terribly isolated. They were simply uncolonized and unconquered. They fly in musicians from abroad in the same story they fly in the FF. They accept refugees and foreign visitors in many, many stories.

In any case, under anyone's pen or pencil, Wakanda has a much better history for treatment of its people and its guests. Latveria, I'd just end up disappeared some day.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

would you rather be an ally of atlantis or be at war with atlantis? XD

wakanda's warm climate for me!
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

BANNED

If those are the only choices I would have to go with Latveria. Neither is all that great of a picK but at least with Latveria your chances of survival are a lot higher. Say what you like about Doom but overall compared to most of the well known kingdoms in the MU his people are relatively the safest.

Doom doesn't let his incompetence get in front of his people's needs and not only that most of the world knows not to mess with him. The only thing the people of Latveria really have to worry about is Doom. Thus far as a ruler to those who are never in contact with him he seems almost fair at times. Granted those who have to work for him directly would have it rough but Doom has so many bots in his castle that only few of his subjects knows Dooms true nature.....

Anyway Latveria for me. Life expectancy just seems higher and their King seems more concerned for the well being of his people.
    Last edited by Trident; 09-26-2015 at 04:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I don't remember Panther or Pantherbots ever killing or arresting anyone for complaining aloud or criticizing their government. Not even once.

And, I know Iron Maiden thinks they should be stricken from the record (and there is some validity to that), but those crematoriums are canon and it is strongly implied in the comics that they were getting use by Doom.

(Not even trolling a little bit, or trying to make this a thing, but I am curious how nationality and ethnicity play into whether we'd prefer one over the other.)
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)