Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Where is Woverine Whats the point in this?

What is the point in this ?I think its just to mimic the movies post credits scene with wolverine?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The point is to try to get people to buy all the different books he appears in. But they're so insubstantial that it's not remotely worth doing.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The point is to try to get people to buy all the different books he appears in. But they're so insubstantial that it's not remotely worth doing.
    Pretty much my thoughts on it as well.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    No, but as they don't tack on any additional cost to a book, they're pretty innocuous.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    No, but as they don't tack on any additional cost to a book, they're pretty innocuous.
    A Marvel employee said here before that they stopped doing free back-up stories because if the back-up was not liked, even though it was free, people would complain. I always thought that was ridiculous.

Then I read these back-ups and wonder why they forgot that lesson.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    A Marvel employee said here before that they stopped doing free back-up stories because if the back-up was not liked, even though it was free, people would complain. I always thought that was ridiculous.

Then I read these back-ups and wonder why they forgot that lesson.
    A single page Wolverine cameo doesn't count as a "back-up story."

They're silly and inconsequential but they don't add to the price tag of the comic and they're easily ignored.

One could say they weren't worth doing in the first place but I also think they're so unobtrusive that really there's nothing about them worth complaining about.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    A single page Wolverine cameo doesn't count as a "back-up story."

They're silly and inconsequential but they don't add to the price tag of the comic and they're easily ignored.

One could say they weren't worth doing in the first place but I also think they're so unobtrusive that really there's nothing about them worth complaining about.
    All those were things I said to the Marvel guy, too, and he said 'trust him, he knew'. Now I know, too.

Astonishing Member

This and the mini series are designed to draw out his return for as long as possable. Because if they were hyped up as being important they should have some substance. Imagen if they were all part of on big story

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    What is the point in this ?I think its just to mimic the movies post credits scene with wolverine?
    I think it effectively does mimic the movies as far as the post credit scenes go. They're establishing a small link between the various books and telling you something bigger is slowly building in the background.

I doubt they expect everyone to buy every single issue with Logan popping up for a single page... but I do believe they expect people to start talking, and begin the process of connecting the dots as more and more is revealed about whatever is going on.

This sort of thing would probably mean more if things like solicits didn't effectively do a better job of teasing what was coming than the Logan end credit scenes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it effectively does mimic the movies as far as the post credit scenes go. They're establishing a small link between the various books and telling you something bigger is slowly building in the background.

I doubt they expect everyone to buy every single issue with Logan popping up for a single page... but I do believe they expect people to start talking, and begin the process of connecting the dots as more and more is revealed about whatever is going on.

This sort of thing would probably mean more if things like solicits didn't effectively do a better job of teasing what was coming than the Logan end credit scenes.
    Sincere question: what have the cameos revealed and what would this lead a reader to anticipate about his motives?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Sincere question: what have the cameos revealed and what would this lead a reader to anticipate about his motives?
    Absolutely nothing. Wolverine is a vagabond like Ryu, just wandering the Earth.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, I think some of them have been sort of fun. The Hydroman one was really funny and it makes sense Logan would try to find Spiderman and Cap. I also think they reintroduce Wolverine to Marvel and emphasise his importance to it.

However, some of these little cameos are so small and inconsequential that it just seems silly.

He wouldn't be looking for these characters. He wasn't close to most of them.

Its just teasing that Wolverine is back and it's meant to keep him in the reader's thoughts for the next few months until he "actually" comes back.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    He wouldn't be looking for these characters. He wasn't close to most of them.
    Yeah. Why look up Peter or Steve or even drop off flowers to Jane, when he could be, you know, saying hi to Ororo (the two were involved when he died) or "his" Jeannie.

These backups are basically just adverts for the upcoming Infinity Stone nonsense. And don't anyone get fooled-- the upcoming event is pure nonsense.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier