Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    No, but as they don't tack on any additional cost to a book, they're pretty innocuous.
    I have no problem with them, but I'm not buying additional books for it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I'm sorry but you need to add appreciation to the title.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Sincere question: what have the cameos revealed and what would this lead a reader to anticipate about his motives?
    I've only seen Logan pop up in two, maybe three issues looking for Steve and Carol (I think) and dropping off flowers for Jane Foster.

I assume the point here, aside from just trying to crank up interest via movie post-credit scenes, is to tell us Logan is looking for allies. He's got the mind Stone, so you know he's been pulled into some deep sh*t (even if the event is likely to suck, the stakes will be high) and he's looking for people he trusts to help him out.

I suspect we're meant to think that if Logan is in so deep he's actively looking for support, it must be pretty bad. Because Logan doesn't usually do that sorta thing.

I dont mind these teasers. I have no interest in the event and a single page with Logan isn't going to change my mind, but they're not harming anything.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

I've actually found them a bit irritating and sort of intrusive on the book I was actually reading

Which is a bit petty of me but it's actually put me off his return

If they were small integrated appearances I might have cared, but they just felt like it was a story being pushed onto me rather than one I was choosing to read

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I've actually found them a bit irritating and sort of intrusive on the book I was actually reading

Which is a bit petty of me but it's actually put me off his return

If they were small integrated appearances I might have cared, but they just felt like it was a story being pushed onto me rather than one I was choosing to read
    Oh and calling the Infinity gems the Infinity stones has really irritated me to the point I won't buy anything with them in called that

Hated that name in the movies but at least that was self contained

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The point is to try to get people to buy all the different books he appears in. But they're so insubstantial that it's not remotely worth doing.
    I second this. It doesn't help that most of the cameos so far are basically the same deal over and over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Oh and calling the Infinity gems the Infinity stones has really irritated me to the point I won't buy anything with them in called that

Hated that name in the movies but at least that was self contained
    Just call them The Infinity Gemstones. That way everybody wins lol.

We know that they have been remade/reformed (which is why they've changed colour), they do appear to be more "stone-like." They definitely don't appear to be like the cut gems they once were. So maybe that is how Marvel will explain the switch?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Just call them The Infinity Gemstones. That way everybody wins lol.

We know that they have been remade/reformed (which is why they've changed colour), they do appear to be more "stone-like." They definitely don't appear to be like the cut gems they once were. So maybe that is how Marvel will explain the switch?
    Im sure they will have an in mythos reason

But it's just to link to mcu

and it irritates me when that happens generally

I thought it was a silly rename in the movies too

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The point is to try to get people to buy all the different books he appears in. But they're so insubstantial that it's not remotely worth doing.
    Exactly. Very well-said.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

BANNED

Where on earth is wolverine would make him appear as a wanted criminal and James Howlett, where are you will make him seem like a young whipper snapper what with OML so where is wolverine.