View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Beef #1 (of 5) [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Days of Hate #2 (of 12)

3 25.00%
  • Gasolina #6

0 0%
  • Hack/Slash: Resurrection #5

0 0%
  • Motor Crush #10

0 0%
  • Rat Queens #8

2 16.67%
  • Redneck #10

0 0%
  • Royal City #10

1 8.33%
  • Saga #49

5 41.67%
  • Spawn #283

0 0%
  • Throwaways #12

0 0%
  • Twisted Romance #4 (of 4) [series finale]

1 8.33%
  • Underwinter: Field of Feathers #5 [series finale]

0 0%
  • Void Trip #4 (of 5)

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #9 - I've got Beef

Welcome gang, in these weekly threads we vote on our fave Image comics of the week and maybe chat about whatever we want, join in!

In the poll that went up last week it became clear that the current new arc of Monstress is being well-received; it won the poll convincingly!

This week a lot of books are in the midst of storylines, but notable releases include Royal City wrapping up its Sonic Youth storyline. What's cool about Royal City too is how they just don't do long breaks between arcs, seemingly. The next one is already slated for early May. Saga looks like it'll release a bombshell this week too, with its 'FAKE NEWS'-themed issues that I'm sure won't be divisive at all. Furthermore Void Trip reaches its penultimate issue, and two series wrap up entirely this week: Twisted Romance ran weekly throughout February 2018. It now being March, means the series must come to an end as scheduled. Underwinter: Field of Feathers also wraps up. I think there's a third Underwinter mini-series planned soon though, but don't quote me on that.

New this week is The Beef, from the creator of the recently ended Elephantmen, with Tyler Shainline on art. It's about a meat-processing factory worker falling in love with a strawberry picker. But then criminals get involved, and someone's gotta bring The Beef... Sidenote, this series has some seriously cool cover art for its first four issues already.

301770.jpg

Days of Hate was it for me this week, but it deserved the vote regardless.

It's issue 2 which is rarely a standout issue in any series. This issue is largely set up, but it does that by way of character development, and I thought it was very well done. We get a good sense of who these people are, that we didn't get last issue, defining the grey morality on each side, while setting the oncoming action into motion.

And the art. Sheesh. I love Zezelj, but some of his recent work hasn't been my favorite of his. Not here. He's absolutely killing it on every page.

EDIT: I skipped Spawn because Jason Shawn Alexander didn't draw this issue.
    Last edited by Joker; 03-01-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Amazing Member

My pull list for the week includes,
    Rat Queens
    Redneck
    Void trip
    --Saga on trade wait

Looking forward to Rat Queens as it always is well done. A few issues behind on Redneck but still looking forward to catching up. Void trip I both like and dislike at the same time and don't really know why. Its been a fun story, but I don't particularly like the main character but the world is interesting...glad its just a limited issue release so I can just keep it on the pull list without having to really think to hard about keeping or killing it.
    At a LCS yesterday grabbing a few odds and ends and asked if they had Ice Cream Man 1, first or second print. They had sold out of all the 2nd prints and had 1 first print copy, on their display wall, for $20.....just odd to me. Ended up finally buying a 2nd print copy off of ebay. Still not sure why this title is so in demand, it had good reviews, but as stated in some of our comments in last weeks thread, not a super enthralling title to a lot of the readers here.

Just Saga for me this week.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Glad to see I'm not the only one voting for Days of Hate!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet