Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Seems pretty obvious Slott's run won't end with MJ and Peter reunited then if he will have multiple love interests. Will be fun to see black cat as a romantic interest at least. Also Robbie's son is gonna be Peter's roommate?
    Randy's been Peter's roommate before, lol. Maybe he will get back with MJ and/or Felicia if they're really stretching the definition of "new."

Two words: failing upward.

Damn Spidey got Ottley. Very lucky Spidey fans. He was the biggest free agent clearly on the market with Invincible finished, I was very interested where he would land.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Its so weird to have Ryan Ottley here. It feels like I'm looking at Invincible. Not that I dislike Ottley, but it will just take some time getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    With all the right guesses BC has made we can just expect then the Iron Man #1 by Dan Slott soon.
    Good luck to Spencer with his run on Spider-Man, just don't make Uncle Ben a ex-member of HYDRA or a Kingpin ex-asociate or something like that and his death was a vendetta or something like that.
    Slott already announced himself that he was taking over Iron Man. (I don't think we know who the artist is.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I wonder where this will leave Spectacular? It was billed as a sort of 'classic' Spidey book, but that seems like the same angle Marvel are taking with the ASM relaunch.
    Well, Spectacular is seen as the light hearted and weirder one, and since in #300 Earth is being invaded by sentient AI which Spidey has a plan to defeat them by time travel, yeah I think ASM won't be doing this kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    With all the right guesses BC has made we can just expect then the Iron Man #1 by Dan Slott soon.
    Good luck to Spencer with his run on Spider-Man, just don't make Uncle Ben a ex-member of HYDRA or a Kingpin ex-asociate or something like that and his death was a vendetta or something like that.
    That would be horribly amusing, with Uncle Ben being ex-Hydra while Richard and Mary worked for CIA

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    But will Jonah still know Spidey's identity or will he somehow forget and go back on his spider bashing crusade?
    I hope not; i read the issue where peter reveals himself, but nothing after that, so i don’t know how jonah feels about it. If peter does go back to the bugle, it might be interesting to see how they interact now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Oohh... So exciting...
    Alien invasion?! Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I hope not; i read the issue where peter reveals himself, but nothing after that, so i don’t know how jonah feels about it. If peter does go back to the bugle, it might be interesting to see how they interact now.
    Well, the way JJ feels is [spoi]he's supportive of it, he helped Spidey both in Spectacular and ASM#796[/spoil]

And JJ doesn't work in the Bugle for a long time now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, the way JJ feels is [spoi]he's supportive of it, he helped Spidey both in Spectacular and ASM#796[/spoil]

And JJ doesn't work in the Bugle for a long time now lol.
    I hope there’s a recap of that; i don’t want to have to try and track down back issues, to get those scenes.

Spectacular Member

Looking at some of the preview art I'm surprisinglhy optimistic. Maybe it's because I'm tired of Dan Slott's version and vision.

And if Spencer can bring his A-Game (Superior Foes, Ant-Man) WITHOUT turning Peter into a perpetual loser like he made Scott Lang, I'll be cool.

And hey, is that the new Sinister Six that Boomerang has with him? Who's the last member? I mean we know he has Dormammu as the 5th member but...who's the other one? Thanos??

Ottley on Spidey?! Oh man, I'm in! Spencer is a great choice too!
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Makes you wonder what's gonna be the difference between this and Spec. But hey if you got two decent Spider-Man stories going on at the same time who am I to judge?

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Y'know, Bleeding Cool had Spencer pegged for Spider-Man for so long that I've about made my peace with it.

Ottley is a huge get for Marvel, let alone an amazing choice for Spider-Man.

Interesting that Scorpion is in a retro costume. Does Gargan go back to his old suit? Though Vulture is also in an old costume rather then his new Spec one.

I also wonder what Venom is doing on there. Is Spencer planning a crossover with Cates?

Is that Martha Robertson or Glory next to Aunt May? I only ask because Robbie looks like he's aged backwards and Randy is also on there. Will the Robertsons actually be important again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    MJ and Felicia are mentioned in the interview, even if they don't appear on the cover.
    Well, it's nice to see Spencer is at least interested in writing them (and hopefully well).
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Interesting cover, no Otto or Red Goblin, so maybe Spencer is planning to give those two a rest given the usage Slott had for them. I would kind of like to have Otto remain a semi anti-hero if nothing else, but Secret Empire's probably squashed that with making him a Nazi...
    I think Ock as an "Anti-Hero" has lot pretty much any goodwill it had.
    So new Superior Foes with Francine Electro, Big Wheel, and Rhino?

At least Spidey can throw a good punch here.

And is Aleskei really back to being a villain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Oohh... So exciting...
    Does anyone care about new love interests at this point? I think people were more interested in MJ not being on the cover or that Spencer mentioned her and Felicia then they are in the latest attempt at a new love interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I wonder where this will leave Spectacular? It was billed as a sort of 'classic' Spidey book, but that seems like the same angle Marvel are taking with the ASM relaunch.
    Spec was always just marginally "back-to-basics" compared to Slott's run, which even tried to go "back-to-basics" with Legacy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    To Anybody who read his Captain America and Secret Empire Run does anybody worried what might he do Peter right now? i mean those run completly ruined his reputation as a writer
    They actually didn't. Some fans - mostly ones who didn't bother to actually read it - had a kneejerk reaction to it, yes, but it didn't "ruin his repuation" by any means.

And for anyone who worries, I think it's pretty safe to say that Spencer won't be turning Spidey into a villainous duplicate of himself. Not only would he not want to openly retread his own Cap run but the Spidey-as-villain storyline has already been done in Superior.