Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Not thrilled with this. Did not care for anything about his run on Cap and Superior Foes was fun for awhile but got too juvenile for me. Glad to see he mentioned the supporting cast, especially Felicia and MJ coming back. Hopefully I'm way off and he'll be great. Whatever happens I'm on board for the long run. Ottley will take getting used too, keep seeing Invincible...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic. There were redeeming things about Secret Empire that got lost in all the white noise of people being pissed off. And I actually really enjoyed his run with Sam Wilson and Superior Foes before it.

I think he'll work out well for Amazing. Though, now that Amazing is also taking the "Back-to-Basics" approach, it kind of defeats the purpose of Spectacular doesn't it?
    I don't think so. Amazing, Spectacular and Web all co-existed for years without one defeating the purpose of the others. There should be room for more than one Peter Parker Spidey book.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    According to them Ed Brisson is supposed to be taking one of Bendis' old books, so that pushes me even further into believing he's taking over Miles' book now.
    I think it's more likely that Brisson will eventually take over Defenders (my guess for Miles' writer is Christopher Priest).

Even though it ended, I think it will relaunch soon. In fact, I wonder if they're going to relaunch Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones and Defenders (and maybe a Fresh Start for Daredevil, too) all in the same month.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    They actually didn't. Some fans - mostly ones who didn't bother to actually read it - had a kneejerk reaction to it, yes, but it didn't "ruin his repuation" by any means.

And for anyone who worries, I think it's pretty safe to say that Spencer won't be turning Spidey into a villainous duplicate of himself. Not only would he not want to openly retread his own Cap run but the Spidey-as-villain storyline has already been done in Superior.
    His reputation definitely took a hit. But you could argue it was totally undeserved and that he is a very talented writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    His reputation definitely took a hit. But you could argue it was totally undeserved and that he is a very talented writer.
    Honestly I think to a degree Spencer needs ASM more then ASM needs him (even though ASM has been in dire need of new blood).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    But Marvel gave Slott freedom to write Peter any way he pleased until recently.
    No, they didn't. Everything Slott wrote, as with any other Marvel writer, had to be approved by editorial. So that's not "any way he pleased." Superior Spider-Man, Peter as a CEO, those were editorially approved and not some maverick maneuvers on Slott's part. As for going back to a more traditional Peter as things wrap up, Slott surely always planned, as most writers do, to put the toys back where he found them once his run came to an end.

And however Slott wrote Spidey, it'd be hard to argue that it didn't work out just fine. For him, Marvel, and a lot of Spidey fans who enjoyed his run.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nitake92 View Post
    Looking at some of the preview art I'm surprisinglhy optimistic. Maybe it's because I'm tired of Dan Slott's version and vision.

And if Spencer can bring his A-Game (Superior Foes, Ant-Man) WITHOUT turning Peter into a perpetual loser like he made Scott Lang, I'll be cool.

And hey, is that the new Sinister Six that Boomerang has with him? Who's the last member? I mean we know he has Dormammu as the 5th member but...who's the other one? Thanos??
    I do not mind the loser part as long as Spencer does not continue Slott's portrayal of Peter the man child who has to be saved by others to the point where some of his enemies become the main characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I think to a degree Spencer needs ASM more then ASM needs him (even though ASM has been in dire need of new blood).
    I think every writer needs ASM more than ASM needs them.

Still not thrilled about this IMO. Considering that they choose a guy who cause Controversy and one of biggest PR disasters of 2016 & 2017 i'm hoping his run doesn't last long like Slott
    Last edited by DragonKent17; 03-01-2018 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I think every writer needs ASM more than ASM needs them.
    Disagree. You could argue that list is very small, but there definitely are writers that ASM would need more than they needed ASM.

Oh joy, another #1 issue.

/meh

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Let's hope he brings his run is like his Spider-Foes and not his Captain America run. fingers crossed
    That's the thing that worries me. Art looks pretty good, though.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Peter Parker is going back to school?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    If I can hope for two back to basics aspects in this series its that Peter and MJ are finally dating again (let's be honest no one is gonna accept any other option at this point, they tried to kill it for good and it failed)
    That's really the only thing they can do at this point to appease both sides: Put MJ and Pete back together, but as boyfriend and girlfriend rather than husband and wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does anyone care about new love interests at this point? I think people were more interested in MJ not being on the cover or that Spencer mentioned her and Felicia then they are in the latest attempt at a new love interest.
    To be fair, sometimes people aren't interested in new characters until they see said new character, like "I never knew I wanted this until now" kind of thing.

Not saying the new love interests will be that good, but, not impossible to happen.