Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Peter Parker is going back to school?
    Perhaps to earn a new doctorate unlike the one Doc Ock got him.

So is Electro going to PERMANTLY be a woman now (I guess Marvel is riding that wave now anyway, and Spidey DOES have a lack of good female villains). Can they at least call her "Electra" not to be confused with Elektra? Or would that detract from the whole "female empowerment" kick of replacing Electro with a woman in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Perhaps to earn a new doctorate unlike the one Doc Ock got him.
    Would this be like, what, the third time he returns to college?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    So is Electro going to PERMANTLY be a woman now (I guess Marvel is riding that wave now anyway, and Spidey DOES have a lack of good female villains). Can they at least call her "Electra" not to be confused with Elektra?
    Wouldn't that make it confusing when talking about her? Lol

Astonishing Member

Hoping this is Superior Foes of Spider-Man Spencer and not Secret Empire Spencer.

Added bonus, The Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 4) suit has gone. Glad to be rid.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    To be fair, sometimes people aren't interested in new characters until they see said new character, like "I never knew I wanted this until now" kind of thing.

Not saying the new love interests will be that good, but, not impossible to happen.
    Looks like we get yet another Peter dates a girl who is unaware of his secret identity and might even hate Spidey. Perhaps one of the love interests is for MJ.

So MJ will want Peter While Black Cat will want Spidey?
    It's been done before, but it's still a better setup that what we got for Pete's love life for 10 years under Slott.

Would this be like, what, the third time he returns to college?

Wouldn't that make it confusing when talking about her? Lol
    Probably, but I still think it has a better ring to it...lol. Wouldn't really be confusing written in text for readers, though, since the spelling is different, so I still think it's doable.

Judging that FCBD Cover Peter again still portrayed as Peter "I will never grow up" Pan 2.0. Seriously does anybody are tired that he still portrayed like that

Mighty Member

So is Electro going to PERMANTLY be a woman now (I guess Marvel is riding that wave now anyway, and Spidey DOES have a lack of good female villains). Can they at least call her "Electra" not to be confused with Elektra? Or would that detract from the whole "female empowerment" kick of replacing Electro with a woman in the first place?
    Just don't make her one of Peter's new love interests. Where they are unaware of each other's secret identities? More Parker luck I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Peter Parker is going back to school?
    He does look pretty young there.

I'm guessing that means Kingpin will probably be a factor in this run too.
    To be fair, sometimes people aren't interested in new characters until they see said new character, like "I never knew I wanted this until now" kind of thing.

Not saying the new love interests will be that good, but, not impossible to happen.
    Well, they've had 10 years for that to happen and I don't think it really has, but maybe Spencer will be able to succeed where Slott, Zdarsky, and the Brain Trust failed (but probably not).

Mighty Member

Probably, but I still think it has a better ring to it...lol. Wouldn't really be confusing written in text for readers, though, since the spelling is different, so I still think it's doable.
    Hopefully not a Slott style team up book where the guest character is the star and everyone from supporting character to hero and even villian is needed to save Peter's from his own screw ups.

Hopefully not a Slott style team up book where the guest character is the star and everyone from supporting character to hero and even villian is needed to save Peter's from his own screw ups.
    Well, if Spencer can actually write a Peter and Spider-Man who's not a constant chump and loser in both his identities, or who constantly has guest characters driving the narrative of his own book, then he will definitely be a step-up from Slott.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    my guess for Miles' writer is Christopher Priest
    MAN that would be AWESOME!!!

Looks like we get yet another Peter dates a girl who is unaware of his secret identity and might even hate Spidey. Perhaps one of the love interests is for MJ.
    If we get a woman who for once is a love interest who likes both, it'd feel new at this point lol.

Yeah, when writing is fine, but when talking it'd be like "Electra, but the one with electric powers" or "Electric Electra", it'd be weird and funny lol.

Just don't make her one of Peter's new love interests. Where they are unaware of each other's secret identities? More Parker luck I guess.
    Nah, looks like Black Cat is going to fill that niche again.