Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by darthblinx View Post
    I'll give this an honest shot, but I'm extremely put off by a new #1. I really got excited over the original numbering. Even if the Red Goblin arc turns out well, the other issues with the original numbering were legitimate filler issues. What a waste of a time...
    About a week ago Brevoort confirmed that they'll be doing double numbering now. One for the original numbering and one for the relaunched book. I think they used to do that in the 2000's if I'm not mistaken.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

I'll be curious to see if Spencer injects any MCU synergy in this book, given he's done so in past runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll be curious to see if Spencer injects any MCU synergy in this book, given he's done so in past runs.
    Spidey being Stark's boytoy like in MCU? No thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Spidey being Stark's boytoy like in MCU? No thanks...
    Suddenly Vulture is the Liz's real dad!

Ned Leeds is back for good!

Peter develops an AI named Karen!

A black guy gets the Shocker gauntlets!

Suddenly Vulture is the Liz's real dad!
    Would explain her villanous tendencies lately... Heh, Vulture being Harry's father-in-law, because Spidey's soap opera tendencies only need to get weirder lol

Ned Leeds is back for good!
    And he is back... Just can't forget to make him fat.

Peter develops an AI named Karen!
    Now now, how can Peter be dependant on Stark if he can make something as advanced as an AI by himself?

A black guy gets the Shocker gauntlets!
    But Shocker is black already, well, he started white, but at some point he got race lifted lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Symbiote View Post
    I've decided that whoever comes on this book should come with a multi year plan doing the following: Step 1 - find a way to fix the damage of the last 10 years. Step 2 - find a way to begin progressing the story forward again. Step 3 - find a way to rebuild a vibrant supporting cast. Step 4 - tell us who Peter Parker is as a human being again, in the 21st Century.

The most memorable stories and runs of all time is when someone comes in with a clear vision and direction for the story while at the same time asking exploratory, thoughtful questions. Its not just telling a story, it's forcing us to think again about who this person we thought we knew actually is, and reintroducing them to us.

Notably absent from my list - "reverse OMD", "get Peter and MJ back together", etc. Yes I said fix the damage but if a writer is really good he or she could find a way to still tell a good story without doing either. No matter how badly I or others want that.

If the "new love interests" "new roommate" and "alien invasion" is where they are taking this book, count me out because it doesn't sound like it accomplishes any of what I just said.

What a shame. DC continues to kick Marvel's ass and this is exactly a big reason why.

I agree
    That's why I like Batman comics more than Spider-Man comics now
    Batman and Catwoman are back to being a couple

I am glad that Lois Lane is back to being Superman's love interest
    I didn't care for his romance with Wonder Woman
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    So is Electro going to PERMANTLY be a woman now (I guess Marvel is riding that wave now anyway, and Spidey DOES have a lack of good female villains). Can they at least call her "Electra" not to be confused with Elektra? Or would that detract from the whole "female empowerment" kick of replacing Electro with a woman in the first place?
    MY ENTIRE PROBLEM WITH THAT CHARACTER IS THE NAME! ELECTRA IS STARING HER RIGHT IN HER FACE!

and literally anybody complaining that Electra and Elektra is confusing.. you're an idiot. How many Spider-Men, how many Wolverines, how many Iron Men?? NOT a difficult concept when you, ya know, can read~

Astonishing Member

Looks cool.
    I will get at least the first issues of this new Amazing Spider-Man volume,looking forward to see what will be the new direction to the stories.

What synergy? Cassie Lang becoming Stinger was MC2 comics, not MCU, where she's still a powerless kid. The Superior Foes are all non-MCU characters. MCU Cap isn't Hydra, MCU Falcon isn't Cap.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

The time to do that was during Slott's run. Homecoming did take some influences from Slott's run such as a tech based spider-suit, specific types of webbing, even the shared theme that at times all that extra tech gets in the way.

Then Slott wiped that all away to give a Spencer a "fresh start" with the character that it would be kinda strange if Spencer brought it all back. Still I wouldn't say it would be a bad idea to keep some tech from Slott's run, Spider-Man has a long history of cooking up special webbing or extra protection for specific battles maybe we could see some modified from left over Parker Industries tech around the time of Infinity War or the Homecoming sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    The time to do that was during Slott's run. Homecoming did take some influences from Slott's run such as a tech based spider-suit, specific types of webbing, even the shared theme that at times all that extra tech gets in the way.

Then Slott wiped that all away to give a Spencer a "fresh start" with the character that it would be kinda strange if Spencer brought it all back. Still I wouldn't say it would be a bad idea to keep some tech from Slott's run, Spider-Man has a long history of cooking up special webbing or extra protection for specific battles maybe we could see some modified from left over Parker Industries tech around the time of Infinity War or the Homecoming sequel.
    I say Slott did more synergy with the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon then he did with MCU Spidey.

I think the most synergy he ever really did was have an Iron Man team-up around Captain America: Civil War.

Spec did more by having Vulture and Tinkerer around even if they really didn't become prominent until well after Homecoming had had it's run.

And I don't think Spencer would let it being long past Homecoming's premier stop him from injecting some synergy if he felt like it. We were getting Civil War references even into Secret Empire as I recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What synergy? Cassie Lang becoming Stinger was MC2 comics, not MCU, where she's still a powerless kid. The Superior Foes are all non-MCU characters. MCU Cap isn't Hydra, MCU Falcon isn't Cap.
    Darren Cross as Yellowjacket, Erik Selvig, Sokovia, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, and Baron Zemo together...

Spencer never did add Lang's buddies from the Ant-Man movie. I actually thought that was going to happen at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Spencer never did add Lang's buddies from the Ant-Man movie. I actually thought that was going to happen at one point.
    Same here .

Incredible Member

I say Slott did more synergy with the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon then he did with MCU Spidey.
    I didn't watch the show so I can't say.

I wasn't suggesting that Slott had much synergy with the MCU save using the
    Lizard during the time of the first Amazing Spider-Man movie and the odd nod like the underdogs line in the Secret Empire tie in. I suppose the recent Ned Leeds plot might have been done because a version if Ned being in the movie so that too I guess.

I'm suggesting that Homecoming took things elementd from Slott's run specifically the Parker Industries era which makes sense to adapt from the then successful current run. Of course it's possible that Slott knew what the MCU Spidey was going to be like and was able to incorporate elements of before the movie dropped. It's possible if a bit unlikely.

And I don't think Spencer would let it being long past Homecoming's premier stop him from injecting some synergy if he felt like it. We were getting Civil War references even into Secret Empire as I recall.
    I suppose you're right but since the most standout elements of Homecoming beyond the high school setting was the tech it would be strange for Spencer to use those elements right away when Slott has just had Spider-Man lose very similar technology but I wouldn't be too opposed to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I didn't watch the show so I can't say.
    Well, I can't say you missed much .
    I wasn't suggesting that Slott had much synergy with the MCU save using the
    Lizard during the time of the first Amazing Spider-Man movie and the odd nod like the underdogs line in the Secret Empire tie in. I suppose the recent Ned Leeds plot might have been done because a version if Ned being in the movie so that too I guess.
    And Electro around ASM2, even if Queenpin Black Cat was more of the real villain there.

Speaking of which, hopefully Spencer can continue the rehabilitation of Felicia's character given he seems genuinely interested in writing her.

I'm suggesting that Homecoming took things elementd from Slott's run specifically the Parker Industries era which makes sense to adapt from the then successful current run. Of course it's possible that Slott knew what the MCU Spidey was going to be like and was able to incorporate elements of before the movie dropped. It's possible if a bit unlikely.
    I'm not sure if they were deliberately influenced by Slott's run, though I guess the overuse of tech is a hallmark of the Dan Slott era.

I think the Iron Spider costume resembling the glowing Parker Industries suit, right down to a similar pose in the trailer, was a more direct inspiraction.
    I suppose you're right but since the most standout elements of Homecoming beyond the high school setting was the tech it would be strange for Spencer to use those elements right away when Slott has just had Spider-Man lose very similar technology but I wouldn't be too opposed to it.
    I think the tech was more egregious then it was standout (did people really care that much about Spider-Man's tech in that movie? It just made him come across more like Iron Man Jr.).

I would say the more notable elements would be the takes and revisions on the supporting cast, which would probably not be easy to implement but not as unexpected as past attempts at synergy on Marvel's part.