Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Vulcan can work, but you'd have to come up with a unique concept for him, since he already has a DC counterpart in Black Lightning.
    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I remember Alex Ross had a plan to bring back Vulcan and make him similiar to Shazam, which was a fantastic idea that fell through the cracks, which is what normally happens in DC lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    This was a loss.
    "A loss"?
    With some imagination...
    If you really want to differentiate him from Jefferson Pierce by making his powers magic, even though not tied to Shazam, they can still make his powers Magic based on another source, that isn't lost.
    On the cartoon he could physically turn into lightning, was closer to a speedster as he could travel at lightning speed, and make hard-lightning based constructs too, he was operating on a completley different power level than Jefferson Pierce or Virgil Hawkins for that matter.

In DCU Animated he could also travel through wires and anything electronic, and had a deep synth voice.

You can really go in several directions with him, or combine them, and still make him recognizable to all incarnations.
    Hanna-Barbera, DCU Animated nor Young Justice (who used Static as a stand in for him) ever gave him a civilian name, but they can use the name (and a bit of the personality) of the actor who voiced him for SF as a great homage.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Buster-Jones/
    As well as Vulcan, he also did,
    Winston Zeddemore- Ghost-busters.
    Lothar- Defenders of the Earth
    Doc- G.I. Joe
    Blaster- Transformers

As for the costume obviously the above and Alex Ross references the HB/SF version, which was actually really great, just needed pants. And as indicated you can incorporate elements from all of them; SF , the updated JLU Animated Ultimen, and then have the civilian ID similar to YJ.
    So everyone from all the fan bases recognizes him.

And like in SF, JLU-Ultimen, and YJ, keep him as part of the team, with the other recognized HB created heroes.
    Nothing is "lost" it's all there, three versions of their animated universe have celebrated and used analogues of him, they just have to hone in on one recognizable look for the character, that generously references all three animated incarnations, so you don't loose any fan base, and then actually use him (with the others) as a character in the books!

Edit: Some people want him even more like Jefferson Pierce?
    that is bizarre to me, just use Jefferson Pierce for that.

My principle interest for him is on a team with his other created for the cartoon heroes.
    Just as a solo hero, or for Justice League or Outsiders, they should really always use Jefferson Pierce.
    But as a team consisting of all the re-imagined HB heroes together, that is where I'd develop him, and distinguish him from Pierce.

If you are not bringing the HB fans along (and the DCU Animated and YJ who homage them), what's the point?
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-30-2018 at 06:51 PM.

How many Flashes or Green Lanterns or Kryptonians are there running around? Vulcan could fit nicely into Black Lightning lore - I know they just rebooted BL to be a younger man, but if that changes and Jefferson becomes an older man again, like on the tv show, Vulcan could be a young man or teen - sidekick, anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    How many Flashes or Green Lanterns or Kryptonians are there running around? Vulcan could fit nicely into Black Lightning lore - I know they just rebooted BL to be a younger man, but if that changes and Jefferson becomes an older man again, like on the tv show, Vulcan could be a young man or teen - sidekick, anyone??
    Or maybe Jefferson's prototype identity...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or maybe Jefferson's prototype identity...
    or maybe one of his buds

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    "A loss"?
    With some imagination...
    If you really want to differentiate him from Jefferson Pierce by making his powers magic, even though not tied to Shazam, they can still make his powers Magic based on another source, that isn't lost.
    On the cartoon he could physically turn into lightning, was closer to a speedster as he could travel at lightning speed, and make hard-lightning based constructs too, he was operating on a completley different power level than Jefferson Pierce or Virgil Hawkins for that matter.

In DCU Animated he could also travel through wires and anything electronic, and had a deep synth voice.

You can really go in several directions with him, or combine them, and still make him recognizable to all incarnations.
    Hanna-Barbera, DCU Animated nor Young Justice (who used Static as a stand in for him) ever gave him a civilian name, but they can use the name (and a bit of the personality) of the actor who voiced him for SF as a great homage.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Buster-Jones/
    As well as Vulcan, he also did,
    Winston Zeddemore- Ghost-busters.
    Lothar- Defenders of the Earth
    Doc- G.I. Joe
    Blaster- Transformers

As for the costume obviously the above and Alex Ross references the HB/SF version, which was actually really great, just needed pants. And as indicated you can incorporate elements from all of them; SF , the updated JLU Animated Ultimen, and then have the civilian ID similar to YJ.
    So everyone from all the fan bases recognizes him.

And like in SF, JLU-Ultimen, and YJ, keep him as part of the team, with the other recognized HB created heroes.
    Nothing is "lost" it's all there, three versions of their animated universe have celebrated and used analogues of him, they just have to hone in on one recognizable look for the character, that generously references all three animated incarnations, so you don't loose any fan base, and then actually use him (with the others) as a character in the books!

Edit: Some people want him even more like Jefferson Pierce?
    that is bizarre to me, just use Jefferson Pierce.

My principle interest for him is on a team with his other created for the cartoon heroes.
    Just as a solo hero, or for Justice League or Outsiders, they should really always use Jefferson Pierce.
    But as a team consisting of all the re-imagined HB heroes together, that is where I'd develop him, and distinguish him from Pierce.

If you are not bringing the HB fans along (and the DCU Animated and YJ who homage them), what's the point?

Found the article:

https://books.google.com/books?id=tX...vulcan&f=false

So the goal was actually to include him in the Shazam family, not just be magic based like shazam.

They need to bring back David Zavimbe but don't make him Batwing again. Make him an all new Africa based superhero.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-01-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The Gotham Central cast, a good chunk of them being women and POCs, are the main ones I'd want back with more regular appearances.

She's not in the comics, but I'd like Dr. Joan Leland to be brought in from B:TAS. If only to provide someone in Arkham who knows what the **** they are doing.

Not that they're obscure what with being so recent and with movie appearances coming up, but Darla, Eugene, Pedro, and the Vasquezes along with the rest of the Shazam property.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Amazing Man
    Skyrocket
    Vibe (what happened to this character after Johns' series ended? He just sorta vanished)
    Black Condor
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Mighty Member

Jakeem Thunder

Vixen (She WILL fade into obscurity again after JLA)

Anissa and Jen

Grace Choi

Bloodwind

Connor Hawke

Bumblebee

Doctor Light

Chato Santana

Amazing Man
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Nubia, Akila and some of the non-white Amazons could be better handled.

Sojourner of the Hellenders who is a former rent-a-cop turned demon hunter.

Miiyahbin Marten is a Cree Canadian girl with powes connected to the seasons. She was one of the better ideas of the New 52.

Lourdes Lucero

Andrea Rojas
    Last edited by Agent Z; 05-31-2018 at 06:57 AM.

Spectacular Member baycitybomber's Avatar

Michael Washington Lane. He used to hold the Azrael title for a while but it seems like DC wants Jean Paul in that position so I'd:
    • give Michael his own brand new hero id
    • keep his history as Azrael and build on it
    • make him friends and/or allies with some other mid-tier superheroes so he has more of a reason to show up in various titles. I mostly have Ragman in mind since they've had a run-in before but other heroes are fine too. (Just not Batman, even though it makes sense. Batman has way too many allies standing in line to show up in his comic, Michael would never get his due there.) I have something like street level Marvel in mind with Daredevil, Black Widow, Punisher, etc. having the opportunity to drop by in each others comics.
    • keep his family

2010 - Azrael 05.jpg

My version of an updated (and Highlander/anime influenced) John Chan, aka Claw:
    2018_Claw_Chan_web.jpg

Astonishing Member

While I'm not sure if he's been out of the game long enough to be considered "obscured", this character still has way too much potential to be left at the waist side.

The second picture pretty much signifies the gold mine that DC has if they decided to use him properly.

Ultimate Member

Definitely Amazing Man, he has a fun powerset, one that's more commonly associated with a villain like the Absorbing Man, and could be fun to see put to heroic use, because it's so versatile (particularly if he can turn into liquids or gases, but even just solids has some visual flair).

Hopefully Vixen stays out of obscurity, although I'd love to see more of her.

Bumblebee is another favorite, who, frankly, I'd rather see more of than Wonder Girl or Starfire or Raven, at this point, if only because they've had more of their stories told, and Bumblebee feels like she's wide open to develop.

I miss Skyrocket (and Striker Z, and Josiah Power, for that matter, from the Power Company, as well as some non-PoC characters like Witchfire and Manhunter).

Tye 'Longshadow' is another mentioned upthread that I loved, and would love to see more of!

I have no idea if they were PoC, but Bushmaster, Thunderlord and Tuatara (who *could* be Moari...) were some of my favorite Global Guardians, and I'd like to see more of them. (Rising Sun and Impala, not so much. They felt a little too stereotypical, although I'm sure that a good writer could turn them around for me.)

Extraordinary Member

I loved the whole twins as a super hero and that one of the twins had a more French accent than the other one.