Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

- J.J. Thunder
    - Empress
    - Flying Fox
    - Renee Montoya

I'm still waiting for Kimiyo Hoshi to return. One not associated with Arthur Light. Have her be a contemporary of Superman and Batman and join the League of parents with one of her daughters teaming up with Jon and Damian.

Extraordinary Member

Here is another poc led dc comic called the American Way Those Above and Below.
    It came out last year and this year.
    It's dc vertigo.
    I did not realize it was a poc lead comic until recently.

The American Way: Those Above and Those Below (2017) - #1
    http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=408587

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/The_America..._Below_Vol_1_1
    Last edited by mace11; 03-01-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

First DC needs to own The originals:
    The first multi-ethnic team:Re-imagined but still recognized.
    An amalgamation of all three of their animated incarnations (bringing three generations of fans along) and brought into the DCU proper.
    The costumes and Hero IDs of DCAU Ultimen which borrowed from the SF.
    With the personalities and civilian IDs of YJ Runaways:
    Just they can not use the experimented on and created in a lab origins WTF? . These should be their own heroes, as they were on SF.
    DC needs to shut-up the race naysayers, un-apologetically own their first POC team, and put them out there front and center:
    And as a TEAM!:

Tye (Apache) Longshadow (with his giant astral projecting self)
    Eduardo (Desperado) Dorado
    Buster (Volt) Jones (named after the man who voiced him)
    Toshio (Samurai Wind Dragon) Eto
    Rima re-imagined as Persian/Indian (I think the original name in Sanskrit means white-antelope, would explain the white hair, yet give her a dark complexion)
    add Asami from YJ to distinguish from Toshio (her brother) give her Ch'i / Qi (氣), "energy force" powers.
    & The Exor Twins! (and no they are not white or albino, HB had them as the first non-green non-caucasian humanoid looking aliens, DC should stop pretending they were white) Also give Zan his as originally conceived all around elemental, (who like his sister becoming any beast), he could emulate any element, to take on the physical forms of any objects.
    Together this team is incredibly powerful and unique.
    A thousand times this! DC really needs to reclaim these characters, like they recently did with Vibe and Extraño. Sure the originals were incredibly stereotypical, but they had a lot of potential too! Both JLU and YJ did a good job of updating them, so I think it's time the comics did the same.

El Dorado should be Latin America's Superman, which seems to be the case since he's leading Justicia.

Toshio and Asami should be a brother/sister superhero dynamic from Japan. Keep the power set, but they should remain adults.

As much as I like the YJ version and his friendship with Jaime, I'd keep Tye as an adult too, and a contemporary to the others.

Vulcan can work, but you'd have to come up with a unique concept for him, since he already has a DC counterpart in Black Lightning.

Though, I can see the appeal of keeping them all teens and doing a runaways type of concept with them ala YJ.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Maybe you could make him an old man who becomes young again?
    Oh no, lol, you have to remember these our power fantasies. Nothing would be greater for young kids then for a child to be able to turn into an adult that's as strong
    as superman.

- Dr Light (Kimiyo)
    - Skyrocket
    - Claw (Johnny Chan)
    - Amazing Man
    - Black Condor (Trujillo - the one with the mohawk)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Oh no, lol, you have to remember these our power fantasies. Nothing would be greater for young kids then for a child to be able to turn into an adult that's as strong
    as superman.
    Yeah, the whole point is that kids read it and dream about growing up to be like that. An old man turning young is just kinda sad

So, I wanted to add something to this thread so, here is an idea about how expanding some characters in D.C.'s France, or even just nuggets of lore I would like to see in comics :

-Nightrunner discover that he is considered a part of the Dragon Faction, the Unknown Order by other forces in France
    -Musketeer is part of the Eagle Faction, the Civilized Order, he was approached while serving his time in jail
    -Etc. for other heroes.

Expanding on it, there would be three Orders waging shadow wars since times immemorial : the Dragon, the Eagle and the Boar (the Savage Order) with most heroes and villains operating in France, however briefly being considered as part o one or another by their "Masters" without any formal act of allegiance. For Instance, Bruce as Batman would be a part of the Dragon (because of his use of fear, etc. when Dick as Batman would be considered a part of the Eagle, etc.

Overall, I would really like D.C. to push some books in the vein of what they did for New Superman. The book is clearly it own thing and I think a portion of its greatness is the fact that the author really try to deal with China, it's reality and add to it the comics elements in a way which makes sense. And I'm kind of tired of writers treating France (and its criminality) as if it was another dangerous State of the U.S... Less cars chasing each others with gun fire, more shadow war and discreet assassinations !

BANNED

I don't really put much stock in characters on the basis of demographic, but I always liked Onyx and Orpheus from the 2000s era of Batman. Nightrunner's cool too, I wouldn't mind if they all came back.

- Gangbuster!

but he would definitely need a revamped costume.

- Amazing Man

- Black Condor (John Trujillo)

- VIBE: it makes zero sense that DC is not using this character even though he appears on The Flash show.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Skyrocket is top of my list. She was and could be an amazing character added to any Justice League team.
    She's #1 for me, too. One of my all-time favorite characters.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'd love to see the Global Guardians. Bushmaster was cool. He could take the turtle shell off of his back, expand it and use it as a shield. That was pretty cool. Loved the Justice League Europe. I thought the Black Condor (John Trujillo)was pretty bad ass in the Freedom Fighters. Always had a soft spot for Samurai as stereotypical as he was. The Whirlwind of DC. Amazing Man too. If DC ever brings back the JSA and All-Star Squadron.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Yeah, the whole point is that kids read it and dream about growing up to be like that. An old man turning young is just kinda sad
    Ironically this is what keeps happening with the main heroes at both companies...they get older, get married, have kids and then some editor decides to make them young again.

Invincible Member

as superman.
    I think he might be joking because that's sorta what happened to Black Lightning. Pre-Flashpoint he was a middle aged man with adult daughters, nu 52 he's a young guy again.

Astonishing Member

I remember Alex Ross had a plan to bring back Vulcan and make him similiar to Shazam, which was a fantastic idea that fell through the cracks, which is what normally happens in DC lol.

This was a loss.