Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I loved the whole twins as a super hero and that one of the twins had a more French accent than the other one.

Um, this is for PoC (people of color) characters.

Amazing Man, Vibe, The Others, and the "Super Friends: ethnic division" all top my list.

Amazing Man is just a fantastic character; great, fairly unique powers, awesome retro name, stand-out color scheme, and a solid foundation for a costume. Been a huge fan of this character since I discovered him in Extreme Justice.

And Vibe, man, Johns worked some serious magic on that character, and the CW has built on the premise and given him a real personality. I have no idea how or why DC let him slide back into limbo, especially with the CW shows doing as well as they are/were.

And who couldn't love the raw pulp appeal of the Others? Such a varied, interesting group. I found all of them intriguing on their own, and as a group they were just a ton of fun. I'd love to see at least a few of them show up again. They don't need to be together, they don't even need to be in Aquaman, but the likes of Prisoner of War? Come on, how could you let potential like that slip away?

And the characters like Apache Chief and Vulcan......Young Justice did such a great job updating them it seems like a huge waste to not capitalize on it and use them somewhere. I'd be fine with practically any level of re-imagining; make them kids like on the YJ cartoon, make them adults like on Super Friends, tie them to established corners of the DCU (like the Rock of Eternity or dark multiverse), give them a completely new corner to play in.....I don't care, I just want to see them get some use.

Honorable mentions for the Great Ten and Dr. Light too. I really loved the Great Ten but haven't been following New Super-Man so I'm not sure what shape China's super team is in. And Hoshi......I like her, but then again I also find her attitude really annoying too, so......
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-31-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Honorable mentions for the Great Ten and Dr. Light too. I really loved the Great Ten but haven't been following New Super-Man so I'm not sure what shape China's super team is in. And Hoshi......I like her, but then again I also find her attitude really annoying too, so......
    Minor DOOMSDAY CLOCK spoilers..... in the back of the book materials, there's a map showing metahumans around the world and China has (or will have) the Great TWENTY - among them being the new Super-Man and Striker Z...

Can I add the YJ animated version of Artemis Crock.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Minor DOOMSDAY CLOCK spoilers..... in the back of the book materials, there's a map showing metahumans around the world and China has (or will have) the Great TWENTY - among them being the new Super-Man and Striker Z...
    Striker Z!! Great Twenty??!!!

Sweet.

Oh, can I add Sovereign 7 to the list? There were a couple white people on the roster so maybe it doesn't fit the thread here, but that was a really solid concept and a really fun book.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Um, this is for PoC (people of color) characters.
    Um, I'm not the first person on this thread to mention Crimson Fox. Also, there are several posts on this thread that mention characters of other nationalities that are white-skinned.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The big two for me are Skyrocket and Vibe. Both are just too good to be left on the shelf like they have been for so long.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 05-31-2018 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Um, I'm not the first person on this thread to mention Crimson Fox. Also, there are several posts on this thread that mention characters of other nationalities that are white-skinned.
    I missed those. This is still a thread for poc characters.

Mighty Member

Amazing Man, Vibe, The Others, and the "Super Friends: ethnic division" all top my list.

Amazing Man is just a fantastic character; great, fairly unique powers, awesome retro name, stand-out color scheme, and a solid foundation for a costume. Been a huge fan of this character since I discovered him in Extreme Justice.

And Vibe, man, Johns worked some serious magic on that character, and the CW has built on the premise and given him a real personality. I have no idea how or why DC let him slide back into limbo, especially with the CW shows doing as well as they are/were.

And who couldn't love the raw pulp appeal of the Others? Such a varied, interesting group. I found all of them intriguing on their own, and as a group they were just a ton of fun. I'd love to see at least a few of them show up again. They don't need to be together, they don't even need to be in Aquaman, but the likes of Prisoner of War? Come on, how could you let potential like that slip away?

And the characters like Apache Chief and Vulcan......Young Justice did such a great job updating them it seems like a huge waste to not capitalize on it and use them somewhere. I'd be fine with practically any level of re-imagining; make them kids like on the YJ cartoon, make them adults like on Super Friends, tie them to established corners of the DCU (like the Rock of Eternity or dark multiverse), give them a completely new corner to play in.....I don't care, I just want to see them get some use.

Hoshi's attitude is needed. Every superhero can't be all nice and wholesome.
    Last edited by Raijin; 05-31-2018 at 07:32 PM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Bloodwynd

this guy gets no love
    The J-man

Oh, can I add Sovereign 7 to the list? There were a couple white people on the roster so maybe it doesn't fit the thread here, but that was a really solid concept and a really fun book.
    I'm pretty sure Sovereign 7 was creator-owned by Claremont, so DC doesn't have the rights to them anymore.

For me, I'd love to see somebody really expand on Owlwoman as a character, or bring back the new Bushmaster, or make use of folks like La Sangre and Dark Crow. Or expand upon the promise of Congorilla's Justice League Africa. Or even bring back Blackwing (Charley Bullock) from the pre-Crisis WW run.

If they ever do a Will Smith as Deadshot movie, I hope it's a cat-and-mouse romp with Jada as Celia Forrestal Skyrocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Hoshi's attitude is needed. Everything superhero can't be all nice and wholesome.
    I'm fine with heroes who aren't pinnacles of wholesomeness, but Hoshi annoys me.

I have an odd opinion of her, because I do enjoy many of her interactions with other heroes despite her annoying me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I'm pretty sure Sovereign 7 was creator-owned by Claremont, so DC doesn't have the rights to them anymore.
    They are creator owned, so no, we won't be seeing them. But they were still a great team.

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Since Lionheart one of the New Bloods was brought up in Doomsday Clock (and Orlando's JLA used Terrorsmith)

I'd love to see Chimera be used again. She was my favorite New Blood bar none when I found out about the event and she's remained there.

Sanjeet Rey aka Chimera was a reality warping Indian-American heroine for those unaware though her power was seemingly downgraded later on to portal creation to other dimensions for some reason. But either way she was loads of fun.

I'd really like DC to use Element Woman more. She's Korean and we never really get to see her used despite being prominently displayed in Flashpoint and even being on the Justice League during the New 52. I get Metamorpho being used again but it's just plain baffling that he and even Element Girl/Urania get a fair amount of use lately while Emily/Element Woman sits on the sidelines for no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Bloodwynd
    this guy gets no love
    Wasn't he introduced as simply an alias for the Martian Manhunter, then - oh wait - he's a real person after all! Not the best introduction if you want anyone to care about a character. Given a proper introduction, he might've been cool. (although that very 90's ish name doesn't help a lot )

But hey - if someone was able to make Extrano relevant again, you never know...