Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

That was Orlando. He deserves the merit.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Much as I'm not a fan of the future presented in Doomsday Clock, it was nice to see Aruna be mentioned and, like a lot of other characters mentioned there, it'd be cool to see her show up in something. DC at this point has a few really good trans characters (who deserve to be used far more, Porcelain being relevant to this thread) but to my knowledge Aruna is the only confirmed trans hero in the present of the main DCU, as opposed to being a supporting character, a villain or from a different time period.

Koryak and Lorena from Aquaman.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    This was a loss.

I would have loved to see Ross' version of (Black) Vulcan come into continuity. What a huge shame this got axed.

Some of my favorites that are in limbo include:

Apache Chief
    Black Vulcan
    Bumblebee
    Dr. Light
    El Dorado
    Hessia
    Isis
    Nubia
    Rima
    Samurai
    Thunder & Lightning(from New Teen Titans)
    Vibe
    Vixen
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Every six months or so, I have to mention my love for Gerard Jones's El Diablo, which should definitely be brought back in some fashion.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Skyrocket!

I know there's a new one on another earth, but I want this one back on our earth - Black Condor!

Literally every Milestone character.
    "Don't leave home without your sword - your intellect."
    —Alan Moore

I'd love to see a Justice League-esque team arise that includes:

Icon
    Skyrocket
    Nu'Bia
    Onyx
    Vixen
    Ya'Wara
    Extraño
    John Stewart
    Black Condor
    El Dorado
    Conjura
    Amazing Man
    Longshadow
    Doctor Light
    Pantha
    Black Lightning
    Black Vulcan

I'd be interested in a writer developing a series that not only tackles action and adventure and superheroics, but also racism and bigotry in the DCU from the POV of superheroes - especially the differences they may experience in their heroic versus secret identities.

ETA: And I'd have Marella, the Aquawoman from Earth 2, bounce over to Prime Earth to live and join the team.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 07-22-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sкєʟʟує View Post
    Literally every Milestone character.
    pretty much this ^
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

they should use Red Lion more, he could be African Doctor Doom. also, they should bring back David Zavimbe not as Batwing, give him a new identity and have him lead his own iteration of The Kingdom.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    they should use Red Lion more, he could be African Doctor Doom. also, they should bring back David Zavimbe not as Batwing, give him a new identity and have him lead his own iteration of The Kingdom.
    Red Lion is just too much of a knock off Black Panther to not be considered a joke.

I'm kind of surprised how long Dr. Light (the female version) has been gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Red Lion is just too much of a knock off Black Panther to not be considered a joke.
    believe what you want but I disagree. I mean, you have to admit that's a lazy comparison. he's about as much of a knock off Black Panther as Sideways is a knock off Spider-Man or Lobo is a knock off Wolverine. you can say he's a joke if you want, that's your prerogative, but there is plenty of story potential to mine from Red Lion. the only "joke" characters are characters under mediocre writers who tell mediocre stories.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised how long Dr. Light (the female version) has been gone.
    Same but they messed up when they made her original Dr. Light's wife. I hope they are planning to retcon that and bring her back into the fold.

currently following:

Blackout from Flashpoint.

He was a pakistani teenager with electric powers.