View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About Spencer/Ottley On ASM?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pumped!! Really Looking Forward To It

48 41.03%
  • OK, I Guess. Will Check It Out.

21 17.95%
  • Meh. Leaves Me Cold.

13 11.11%
  • Really Need To Wait and See; No Opinion Yet

35 29.91%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I just thought of this, but I got really excited at the idea. I'd love to see Spencer write Shocker as a hero in the new series. He was one of the best parts of his Superior Foes, and we've had more recent teases regarding his more complex side in Star-Lord and Uncanny Avengers, so I think now would be the perfect time for him to do something really grand with him!
    At the very best I can see Shocker as an anti-hero, but even that is far fetched to be fair... He seems like the kind of guy who'd only become a good guy for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    The possibility of him writing ASM like Superior Foes is EXACTLY what I'm afraid of. It would be a complete joke.
    I kinda doubt Marvel would allow that since Spectacular is the more jokey title, but they could allow both to be like that while Spectacular is just the one with crazier adventures...

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I have that same fear but it's mitigated somewhat by the fact that Zdarskly's first 4 issues of PP:SSM were written that way and were largely despised; since then, he has balanced things and most seem to agree that it is a much better book for that balance. Here's hoping Marvel editorial has directed Spencer to take heed of that lesson.
    I'd say that's more of a case of Zdarsky gradualy learning how to feel the characters than anything else to be fair, and this process is still continuing considering that the way he wrote Spidey in Spectacular#301 is better than previous issues.

Yeah, by hero I mean moreso in an anti-hero capacity. I would love to see him given more development and action over just acting as the simplistic thug.

In the case of Spectacular, it feels to me like Zdarsky basically had to stall his story for those first few issues so that it could catch up with the end of Secret Empire. I do feel it could've been handled better, but the final result for the book has proven very well, so I'm happy for it.

I am curious to see what tone Spencer takes, because yes, he does have a tendency to be very goofy with his titles, but he can also get really serious, and even fill those goofier stories with great characterization moments, so I'm very excited to see how he handles it.

I think Spec is shaping up to be the book about Spidey on wacky hijinks and adventures with his (maybe) sister and J. Jonah Jameson, probably involving a few team-ups with other heroes.

I'd appreciate it if Spencer can keep the team-ups and Spider-Man needing to be saved to the absolute minimum in ASM.

Yeah, by hero I mean moreso in an anti-hero capacity. I would love to see him given more development and action over just acting as the simplistic thug.

In the case of Spectacular, it feels to me like Zdarsky basically had to stall his story for those first few issues so that it could catch up with the end of Secret Empire. I do feel it could've been handled better, but the final result for the book has proven very well, so I'm happy for it.
    I don't see why, it's not like Spectacular has any real connection with Secret Empire, at best only Natasha's death, and even that isn't important since Mintz only mentioned it randomly while fighting Spidey in issue 297.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd appreciate it if Spencer can keep the team-ups and Spider-Man needing to be saved to the absolute minimum in ASM.
    Whatchu talking about mang? ASM is about other heroes kicking ass

So is the free comic book day issue like a prelude to issue #1 ( 802 )?

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boys View Post
    So is the free comic book day issue like a prelude to issue #1 ( 802 )?
    I assume that's probably what it'll serve as, or a prelude to Spencer's run in general.

I am very interested on their take on the series. It is the first major new voice on the character in over a decade.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Would like to see a good story with Hydro Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boys View Post
    Would like to see a good story with Hydro Man.
    I would too! Initial stories with some non-classic villains like Hydro-Man, Slyde and the like would probably be a good way for Spencer to get his footing and a lighter, more classic Spidey feel will likely be needed after this final arc.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I would too! Initial stories with some non-classic villains like Hydro-Man, Slyde and the like would probably be a good way for Spencer to get his footing and a lighter, more classic Spidey feel will likely be needed after this final arc.
    If Superior Foes is indicative of anything, Spencer loves him some B-list Spider Rogues .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If Superior Foes is indicative of anything, Spencer loves him some B-list Spider Rogues .
    I would say he loves B-list villains in general. The villains were some of the best parts of his Ant-Man, not to mention stuff like Doom's team of B-listers from Avengers World, and especially Avengers Standoff.

I would say he loves B-list villains in general. The villains were some of the best parts of his Ant-Man, not to mention stuff like Doom's team of B-listers from Avengers World, and especially Avengers Standoff.
    Well, when you're writing an Ant-Man book, you kind of have to dive deep when it comes to villains .