Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Well tas didn't have kitty having barking orders to senior members. I mean that would be akin to Jubilee leaving coming back and telling all the other xmen what to do. The melodrama if you want to call it that seems forced and very much out if place. And I like that it's not an extinction theme but honestly an extinction event and the resulting deaths might do us all a favor here. But if you are enjoying that's nice, I don't get it but at least somebody is getting something from it.
    No, but Rogue led during Claremont's Revolution run. And she was one of the younger members of the X-Men at one time. I figured the logic of having Kitty lead was the same as having Rogue lead during that run. It's a change-up to what's expected while still using the more familiar characters. Granted, maybe she should be struggling with it a little more or someone should suggest that she's overcompensating for her inexperience by barking orders like that.

BANNED

Villains turned heroes can be written as a villain and a hero at the same time.

Wish could say something good unfortunately that is not the case.

I just hope they do a better job with the substitute team than they did with the main team and Kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Wish could say something good unfortunately that is not the case.

I just hope they do a better job with the substitute team than they did with the main team and Kitty.
    Maybe without Kitty to prop up, the other characters and story may have some value.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    Maybe without Kitty to prop up, the other characters and story may have some value.
    I hope so.

Otherwise Gold would have been a waste of time and resources.

Not even the marriage seems to cheer readers or even seems to be a memorable event in the universe of X-mens or marvel.

BANNED

This the best and most honest review of Gold I've ever read.

It's been an extra expense for readers to buy two issues with the content equal 1/4 of stories from a few years ago. The quality is SO THIN that Guggenhiem is collecting an easy check from Marvel. Should've just called this damn series Kitty Pryde and the Xmen

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I hope so.

Not even the marriage seems to cheer readers or even seems to be a memorable event in the universe of X-mens or marvel.
    Just don't see how Gold is still going with all the character assassination. And not only is it still going, but it's one of the top selling books.

Says something about the state of X-Men right now. It's a flip-flop deal.

Blue has a decent writer with a meh cast. The crossovers are also not helping since it's lagging the plot progression.

Gold & Weapon X have all-star casts, with bad writers that don't do anything good with them when they're not destroying them.

Thankfully, there MAY be slivers of hope for Blue's roster change. Guggenheim is a big question mark on whether he will do better with a new cast. And nothing's changing on Weapon X any time soon, other than Logan leaving (at best).
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-02-2018 at 01:30 PM.

BANNED

Austen's run had great sales and lasted for over 30 issues. Then Marvel moved him to a different main X-book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Austen's run had great sales and lasted for over 30 issues. Then Marvel moved him to a different main X-book.
    Austen's run is a lot like GWBush's time in office. We hated it then, but look upon it now with a "things weren't that bad and better than this" fondness.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Austen's run is a lot like GWBush's time in office. We hated it then, but look upon it now with a "things weren't that bad and better than this" fondness.
    That's because Americans like a torturing mass murderer better than a tweeting idiot, because at least the former was "presidential".

who thinks that lmao?

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Sigh...you know, I'm just going to follow Pyro's example and just walk away from this book.

This the best and most honest review of Gold I've ever read.

It's been an extra expense for readers to buy two issues with the content equal 1/4 of stories from a few years ago. The quality is SO THIN that Guggenhiem is collecting an easy check from Marvel. Should've just called this damn series Kitty Pryde and the Xmen
    Maybe Guggenhiem is getting good sales by choosing the safe route. He will not be remembered for contributing in something memorable and unique but it's also not canceled by betting on nostalgia and short, closed stories where villains and themes are familiar to fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Just don't see how Gold is still going with all the character assassination. And not only is it still going, but it's one of the top selling books.

Says something about the state of X-Men right now. It's a flip-flop deal.

Blue has a decent writer with a meh cast. The crossovers are also not helping since it's lagging the plot progression.

Gold & Weapon X have all-star casts, with bad writers that don't do anything good with them when they're not destroying them.

Thankfully, there MAY be slivers of hope for Blue's roster change. Guggenheim is a big question mark on whether he will do better with a new cast. And nothing's changing on Weapon X any time soon, other than Logan leaving (at best).
    At the moment X-men Red is where I'm betting my money.I'm excited about the new teams in Blue and Gold but it's something temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I love this book.
    Okay, but why?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Okay, but why?
    Because he got angry whenever Kitty interacted with Cyclops or Star-Lord.