Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    She did this in uxm 353...

right?
    that was 20 years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    It was actually #350
    Sorry! I should have clarified. I was always salty that in Rogue and Gambit’s first conversation about Antarctica in X Men #81 she was immediately confrontational.

“You hate me? Who are you to make judgements?! Ah Didn’t want to leave you! But you – I looked for you! Soon as Ah could, Ah went back for you!”

I know. She confessed her remorse after in the book. And this really was their previous pattern when dealing with their problems - get over-emotional and attack one another. But I liked seeing growth in Rogue & Gambit #3. That they were able to discuss Antarctica and aren’t immediately defensive. You could argue the wounds weren’t as fresh now, but I think it’s growth.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I hope not. I thought Carey did a good job of showing why Rogue wanted to be with Mags, and when she broke up with him, that made sense too. If KT makes it all about Gambit or some other lame reason for fan service, that’d be crappy.
    We'll have to wait and see what happens. Thankfully we don't have to wait very long. From KT's Tumblr page and interviews, it appears that she is like you and sees validation in Rogue's decision to be with Magneto at the time. I suspect/hope Rogue's reasons for her decision will be less about Gambit, but more about her personal journey and growth. Yes, I hated how Carey treated Gambit through all that, so I would hope Rogue's explanation in #3 is respectful and understandable for Remy so that he can accept it and they can move on.

I know they aren't going to delve too deeply into it because it's a comic book (I'm not even sure she'll mention Magneto's name), but I am hoping for some resolution. Rogue and Magneto happened and in the end, Rogue rejected Magneto's request for a real and serious relationship - which made sense to me too. I'm eager to leave it in the past and move on.

BANNED

That's fine as long as the Magneto/Rogue connection isn't sacrificed to push this agenda to reunite these two. How many times did Remender have a villain or Wanda attack Rogue over the Magneto connection..or when she tried to get to him to stop Exodus and Wolverine chewed her out. To lose that edge and be a weak soap opera character again like it's 1997? That may be one misstep Rogue may never recover from.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I always find it odd that in X-men with so many characters that have unwittingly done horrible things because of villains Remy is the only one it ever seems to stick to when his might be the most minor instance of the bunch. I find it doubly hilarious when Magneto fans do it what with him being a terrorist/mass murder and all.
    They forgive everyone EXCEPT Gambit.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Pretty sure they’re gonna end up sleeping together based on the little teases on KT’s tumblr during her q&a. How they get to that point, I have no idea. I’m assuming they get depowered, or Rogue at least, just like the mutants at the start of #1 but how they first find that out is a little tricky. Accidental skin contact maybe? But I would imagine her losing her powers would make her freak out first before they jump in bed together but then again, their state of mind seems a little off after the whole brain mapping thing so I guess that’s possible?
    Yes, I would hope that they do get skin on skin action since it's supposed to be the steamiest issue. I'm just concerned about how much mind-control is a part of it given Rogue's dislike of outside factors affecting her relationship with Remy.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    That's illogical because Rogue wouldn't be alive without Magneto. Everyone knows that because it's one of the most fan commissioned drawings of Rogue around the world.
    I think you quoted the wrong post because what you just said doesn’t relate to anything I said.

Also I’m sure it being the most commissioned has nothing to do with Rogue being practically naked in it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    Sorry! I should have clarified. I was always salty that in Rogue and Gambit’s first conversation about Antarctica in X Men #81 she was immediately confrontational.

“You hate me? Who are you to make judgements?! Ah Didn’t want to leave you! But you – I looked for you! Soon as Ah could, Ah went back for you!”

I know. She confessed her remorse after in the book. And this really was their previous pattern when dealing with their problems - get over-emotional and attack one another. But I liked seeing growth in Rogue & Gambit #3. That they were able to discuss Antarctica and aren’t immediately defensive. You could argue the wounds weren’t as fresh now, but I think it’s growth.
    They are mind controlled... I don't think that this is growth.
    ps when i wrote about uxm 353 i was writing about Rogue and Storm talk about antarctica.

They talked about antartica(x-men 81) and they could trust each other in Xtreme X-men(bogan fight) and during late 90s when Rogue was leading x-men for short time.
    This book is about nostalgia and return to basics. They have trusts issues because that's the most basic thing about their raletionship. Next book will have exactly the same troubes between them because we have Marvel Legacy/X-men Resurrextion/return to nostalgia.

This is well written book but there is nothing new.
    Last edited by Xelossik; 03-03-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Trusting one another on the field and on the job is not the same as trusting one another emotionally or personally. You can trust in another's skills and professionalism, but not necessarily in them as a person or their motives. You can trust that a person will have your back in battle, but not trust that they won't let you down, both in your feelings and expectations.

Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I hope not. I thought Carey did a good job of showing why Rogue wanted to be with Mags, and when she broke up with him, that made sense too. If KT makes it all about Gambit or some other lame reason for fan service, that’d be crappy.
    The problem is Carey danced around the fact that Rogue knew Magneto was Eric the Red and was responsible for the "trial" in UXM#350. Mags even had video of Rogue and Gambit's "special night" when they were depowered.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PenUltimateInkmaster View Post
    Trusting one another on the field and on the job is not the same as trusting one another emotionally or personally. You can trust in another's skills and professionalism, but not necessarily in them as a person or their motives. You can trust that a person will have your back in battle, but not trust that they won't let you down, both in your feelings and expectations.

Just FYI.
    They were living together and they also didn't had problems with long breaks.

Gambit was away for long time and Rogue was happy. She wasn't insecure or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    They were living together and they also didn't had problems with long breaks.

Gambit was away for long time and Rogue was happy. She wasn't insecure or something.
    I'm aware. Just wanted to give a plausible explanation. Emotions change and a lot of things have happened since they lived together. They have a lot of issues, but it all boils down to trust in one shape or form. Rogue being insecure (which she very much is with her close relationships, feelings and intimacy) doesn't matter. They were secure back then - as much as they could be - but they still ended up split. Personally, I think it boils down to trust, both in themselves and one another, and not just in the conventional sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PenUltimateInkmaster View Post
    I'm aware. Just wanted to give a plausible explanation. Emotions change and a lot of things have happened since they lived together. They have a lot of issues, but it all boils down to trust in one shape or form. Rogue being insecure (which she very much is with her close relationships, feelings and intimacy) doesn't matter. They were secure back then - as much as they could be - but they still ended up split. Personally, I think it boils down to trust, both in themselves and one another, and not just in the conventional sense.
    True
    and in next stroy they will have the same problems.
    They were secure back then - as much as they could be - but they still ended up split.
    as we see in preview... they weren't

Spectacular Member

I’m really curious about what happened after the last panel in #2 since they were in full fight mode.

Also, anyone else finding Rogue’s storytelling during the sessions hilarious? “So the Shadowing had us all under mind control” or “we were lured and depowered.” And I love the doctor’s reactions “that was a lot” or “powerful stuff”. Love it!
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-06-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if KT makes Magneto out to be nothing more than Rogue's "rebound guy" after Remy broke things off.
    So she rebounded with the guy that orchestrated the worst moment in her and Gambit's relationship?

I honestly don't know how KT is going to get around that save having it revealed that it was all Legacy's memories pushing it. Otherwise, this preview makes her later decision to sleep with Mags right after Gambit poured his heart out to her more damning IMO.

At the very least, I am interested in how she ends up addressing this.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I liked very much that they approached the topic of the Antarctic, very well for that reason Miss Tompson, there they began the real problems of the relationship of trust of Rogue and Gambit.

It is not to wash Rogue of guilt, but I believe in the comcis is more than clear, that Rogue had empathetically absorbed the wishes of Gambit to pay for their crimes, and indirectly wanted to let him die.

In fact I remember that Rogue flew at night every day to Antarctica to try to find Rermy.

Another point I love that the first of Rogue was Remy, and not Sentry, that story I appreciate horrible, good that I'm out of the canon.

Antarctic also reminds the horrible person that is Magneto, he was the one who had them imprisoned with a psychological torture without their powers, and was tormenting also Rogue, who is the one who supposedly loves him, Magneto is a horrible man, in addition to mass murderer , but we already knew that, but also a sexual patient, remember that eleba was watching when Gambit and Rogue made love.