View Poll Results: Who was the best X-Man leader?

Voters
243. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xavier

31 12.76%
  • Jean Grey

22 9.05%
  • Kitty Pryde

5 2.06%
  • Cyclops

154 63.37%
  • Wolverine

6 2.47%
  • Storm

64 26.34%
  • Magneto

14 5.76%
  • Emma Frost

23 9.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Who was the best X-Men leader?

Who was the best X-Men team leader?
    Last edited by yaddle; 02-23-2018 at 08:37 AM.

*X-Men.101010

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

definitely Cyclops

Cyclops and Professor X.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Against my better nature, I voted for Scott, even though I love Ororo more.

But its hard not to see all the accomplishments he did over the last ten years: from creating and leading a nation, protecting his people from the government and trying to save mutantkind from a killer gas storm – all despite Marvel’s feeble attempts to destroy his character with stupid decisions. Who would go on a gas-filled island without proper protection?! Who would not ask their possible future daughter who had handle the Phoenix Force for years without major problems, to train the new Deus ex Machina, oops, I mean, mutant messiah on how to cope with the cosmic parrot?!

So… yeah… Cyclops got my vote.

Scott. Not that there has been much competition with the way the writers choose to portray the others as leaders.

As much as I love Scott and Charles, I voted for Logan, because he's the best there is at what he does

Cyclops 1010

BANNED

Cyclops has been consistently portrayed as an excellent tactician and strategist, he's a great leader in times of war and there's the media principle of always report the clashing planes, thus unless a crisis of the magnitude of decimation comes with a leader to take the task, Cyclops reign as greatest leader of the X-Men will remain undisputed. Also he wasn't a leader out of nowhere but was groomed as such since his teenage years so it's far more realistic than someone showing sun tzu leadership skills out of the blue

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    As much as I love Scott and Charles, I voted for Logan, because he's the best there is at what he does
    What he does isn't saying charge and turn everything into a frontal attack with disregard for the losses?

There's no legitimate competition for Scott's tenure or effectiveness. Charles was a different kind of leader and lacked the tools to effectively deal with M-Day and the Terrigen crisis. After the Silver Age he became more of a mentor than a leader and this was especially true from the early 90's on. Jean was an excellent ambassador for the X-Men but lacked the tenure to really challenge Scott. Ditto for Kitty. Mags was never truly in charge outside of a brief period in the 80's. Emma was more of an administrator and planner, and an effective one at that, but she never truly was in charge for any real length of time. Ororo was certainly in charge but again, her tenure was no match for Scott's and her performance during the last decade cast serious doubt on her abilities in this regard.

Cyke and Xavier

this shouldn't even be a question because the answer is so obvious. hands down Cyclops. no one really even comes close

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    There's no legitimate competition for Scott's tenure or effectiveness. Charles was a different kind of leader and lacked the tools to effectively deal with M-Day and the Terrigen crisis. After the Silver Age he became more of a mentor than a leader and this was especially true from the early 90's on. Jean was an excellent ambassador for the X-Men but lacked the tenure to really challenge Scott. Ditto for Kitty. Mags was never truly in charge outside of a brief period in the 80's. Emma was more of an admistrator and planner, and an effective one at that, but she never truly was in charge for any real length of time. Ororo was certainly in charge but again, her tenure was no match for Scott's and her performance during the last decade cast serious doubt on her abilities in this regard.
    I agree with this and I think the better question would probably be who has the potential to be the best leader, or at least take Scott out of the option.

The only one in the list who saved mutantkind from complete extinction two times aka Emma Frost

It's kinda unfair considering Scott was in charge when the Editorial attacked with M-day...and Schism...and AvX...and DoX...and EXM...and IvX....
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.