Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Whoa... the elephant in the room has been dressed down. And it's starting to get a bit creepy.
    Yeah, they're normal at first and then go...weird...

BANNED

Nonsense? Miss Kelly Thonpson...the Mutant Massacre isn't nonsense. The whole melodrama was built around his intent to lie and defraud his friends...Rogue most of all. Let's not fan service over canon.

Astonishing Member

...it's also cannon that Gambit wasn't responsible for the MM, was tricked into even being there and tried to stop it. So there is no fan servicing over cannon.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Nonsense? Miss Kelly Thonpson...the Mutant Massacre isn't nonsense. The whole melodrama was built around his intent to lie and defraud his friends...Rogue most of all. Let's not fan service over canon.
    You're completely insufferable. This too is now canon. I have to deal with Rogue sleeping with Magneto after a narrative bubble retcon of AoX (Legacy never showed any affection for Magneto in AoX), you have to deal with this. Get the #$@& over it, bruh.

Magneto filmed Rogue losing her virginity and kept the tape. I dare you to defend that as a healthy action towards someone you claim to have cared for. Cant have it both ways. Can't embrace one part of canon and denounce another at a whim. Deathbit happened as much as I hate it. You're going to have to swallow any irrational discomfort this causes you because it takes away your view of Magneto or damages the one knock against Gambits character that will not let go of.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 03-01-2018 at 09:56 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    ...it's also cannon that Gambit wasn't responsible for the MM, was tricked into even being there and tried to stop it. So there is no fan servicing over cannon.
    Huh? Since when and written by who??

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    You're completely insufferable. This too is now canon. I have to deal with Rogue sleeping with Magneto after a narrative bubble retcon of AoX (Legacy never showed any affection for Magneto in AoX), you have to deal with this. Get the #$@& over it, bruh.

Magneto filmed Rogue losing her virginity and kept the tape. I dare you to defend that as a healthy action towards someone you claim to have cared for. Cant have it both ways. Can't embrace one part of canon and denounce another at a whim. Deathbit happened as much as I hate it. You're going to have to swallow any irrational discomfort this causes you because it takes away your view of Magneto or damages the one knock against Gambits character that will not let go of.
    Thompson kept the Magneto exposal techniques highlighting Gambit's cowardice out of her story though. Makes sense..Rogue dismissed the lives lost by Gambit's betrayal as mere "nonsense" anyway.

Y'know, a tiny part of me always cringes at gratuitous rear shots of female characters, then I feel guilty for enjoying it when male characters get the same treatment. In this current climate where people are so easily offended, I'm almost afraid to speak anymore. But damn am I enjoying Perez and KT's pandering to us starved Romy fans! We've been bullied and teased for so long that this series doesn't feel real to me—it's like the best kind of dream, where you immediately try to fall back asleep and keep it going before it disappears.

I'm so glad she decided to tackle the absolute BS that was Antarctica. My fragile hope continues to grow that she'll be able to straighten out their relationship to a point where future writers treat both characters with equal respect and view them as a successful couple. Can't wait to read issue 3 next week!
    Last edited by Spasticat; 03-01-2018 at 10:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLiz View Post
    And I appreciate that Rogue recognizes that she made the wrong decision leaving Gambit there and it’s one of her biggest regrets.
    She did this in uxm 353...
    right?
    that was 20 years ago

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Huh? Since when and written by who??
    Uncanny X-Men 350 establiahed that under Mr Sinisters orders he lead the maurauders to the Morlocks. When he found out he tried to stop the carnage. He managed to save a young Sarah(Marrow)

He never knew thats what he was doing till its too late
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    She did this in uxm 353...
    right?
    that was 20 years ago
    It was actually #350
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Oooh lord gambit my Jesus. Take me now....
    For me its the Rogue butt shot as she climbing from the pool 😅
    X-Men Forever

Awesome preview!!!
    So hot and so emotional! Love it!

Thank you, Kelly Thompson!

How do you deal with the Steve Seagle idea that Rogue absorbed Gambit's self-loathing, which led Rogue to abandon Remy in Antartica? Also, why not go back to X-Men #45? There it seems where the whole trust issue came up.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    How do you deal with the Steve Seagle idea that Rogue absorbed Gambit's self-loathing, which led Rogue to abandon Remy in Antartica? Also, why not go back to X-Men #45? There it seems where the whole trust issue came up.
    It would work much better if Rogue would have Remy`s red eyes in 350. It would show that Rogue absorbed Gambit's self-loathing.

Antarctica it really was a heavy blow to their relationship.

gambit and rogue.jpg

But true love always finds its way .