Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

If they do an Inhuman book I would like to see a return of the Genetics council, but they would try to get more than just New Attilan but the rest of the Inhuman nations through each of their styles of government.

The Sidekicks Podcast made by comics newbies, for comics newbies.

literally all of Black panthers rogues, starting with Kilmonger, turn him into what deathstroke is, only he comes from the most powerful nation on earth.

Morlun
    Gorgon
    Kraven

Also I would say the Black order and lethal legion need to survive Avenger no surrender o become the two A List class 100 heavy hitter villain groups

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I just want to see Marvel using villains again instead of the heroes always beating up on each other. Bring back the Masters of Evil, the Brotherhood of Evil, the actual Hellfire Club and Inner Circle, Just bring back the bad guys!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    literally all of Black Panther's rogues, starting with Kilmonger
    Also, I would say the Black order and lethal legion need to survive Avenger: No Surrender to become the two A-List class 100 heavy hitter villain groups
    Hell yeah. Man-Ape, Nightshade, Nakia, and Killmonger all need to return to the pages of Black Panther. More of the other gods like Sobek and Hathor/Sekhmet, maybe now with their own champions to rival Black Panther.

Yeah, the Black Order are some of the best villains Marvel have produced in recent years, and I really hope they stick around. The new Lethal Legion are an interesting bunch too. I hope both groups make it out.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I just want to see Marvel using villains again instead of the heroes always beating up on each other. Bring back the Masters of Evil, the Brotherhood of Evil, the actual Hellfire Club and Inner Circle, Just bring back the bad guys!!
    I think that's the common consensus. Villains exist for a reason- use 'em. I really don't understand why we've got characters like Ironman, Captain Marvel, Captain America etc. that are more often fighting their allies than members of their respective rogue galleries. Enemies like Mandarin, Detroit Steel, Ghost, Titanium Man, Madam Masque to go up against Tony Stark. Moonstone, Deathbird, Dr. Minerva and Magnitron fighting a badass Carol Danvers. And classic foes like Sin, Crossbones and The Serpent Society versus our beloved Steve Rogers. There are some great antagonists already there. I just wish writers would use them.

Masters of Evil definitely need to be a thing again. Have Zemo assemble a team of villains that can go toe-to-toe with even the best of the Avengers. Klaw, Grim Reaper, Radioactive Man, Whiplash, Yellowjacket, Whirlwind, Quicksand etc. While none of them are capable of taking on Earths mightiest heroes alone, together they can pose a threat to everything the Avengers stand for.

A new Brotherhood making use of X-villains across comic history like Mesmero, Avalanche, Omega Red, Lady Deathstrike, Blob, Toad, Astra, Phantazia, Bliss, Dragoness, Animax etc. would be a nice touch and a good way of making sure there's always a counter to the X-Men.

The Hellfire Club has such a cool aesthetic. I'm waiting for Selene to return and take her spot as the Black Queen again. I want a decent Inner Circle too. A shame Harry Leland, Shinobi Shaw, Adrienne Frost and Revanche are all dead. Might be time to bring the Mastermind sisters, Dark Beast, Madelyne Pryor, Empath, Vanisher, Tarot and Stacy X into the Inner Circle. It'd probably mean more power plays and betrayals, but that's what it's all about right?
    I want a decent Sinister Six again too. I want the Acolytes and the Reavers. Just a little more variation really, and some tangible classic bad guys.

non-lethal, non-murdering villains. Where are the simple thieves and con artists?

Incredible Member

Wouldn't mind seeing:

Lethal Leigon
    Morlun
    Grim Reaper
    Daken
    Norman Osborn (but away from Spider-Man)
    Wrecking Crew (yes I like the Wrecking Crew)
    Taskmaster

probably some more but none that really come to the front of my mind at the moment.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    The Mutant Liberation Front! No joke, I want them brought back. Make them mutant rights activists. And make them someone the reader actually sympathizes with, and even agrees with. Have them murder murderers. Free mutants who are wrongly imprisoned. Operating internationally to protect and avenge mutants. And have some of the X-Men actually support them, too.

Mostly, I just want Tempo and Thumbelina back. They were so great. Forearm can stay, too, I guess. Those three actually all seemed like pretty reasonable people who didn't want to hurt anyone who didn't deserve it.

I'd have them treated almost like the real people who punch Nazis. Like folk heroes.
    Oh yeah, Tempo's my favorite, but I'd also like to see more of Dragoness, and perhaps some actual development for jobbers like Forearm. (What if he's not just got four arms, but a four lobed brain that allows him to coordinate them all, making him much smarter than the musclebound oaf he pretends to be, because he's got no real ambition and doesn't like being tasked to do stuff other than be 'the heavy' and sit around the headquarters playing video games?) Various abandoned members of the Acolytes, Mutant Force, the Alliance of Evil, the Horsmen of Apocalypse (old school originals like Autumn Rolfson and Abraham Lincoln Keiros) and / or Sinister's 'Nasty Boys' could also show up in that sort of team.

Agreed with tons of people mentioned in this thread.

I'd love to see more of the Serpent Society, the Sphinx, Monica Rappucinni, Typhoid Mary, or Diablo, or better use of the U-Foes, for instance. Given that the original Super-Skrull was an amalgam of the original Fantastic Four, I felt like it was a huge missed opportunity for their not to be a U-Foe Super-Skrull in Secret Invasion, who would use the combined powers of Vector, Ironclad, X-Ray and Vapor to airdrop himself like a nuclear bomb onto some target (with radioactive gas and metal shrapnel exploding in all directions on impact, using Vector's powers to expand outwards, and Vapor's powers to pull himself back together afterwards).

And just once, for ***** and giggles, I want to see the Wrecking Crew utterly wreck someone. Play up how freakishly strong and tough they are, and how a street-level character (or inexperienced hero) could be completely out of their depth fighting them. Even if it's not a hero, pitting them against some competing villains could showcase that they are something other than chumps who get trotted out to job to any new hero on the street, such as showing them utterly stomping their way through some Hand ninja, or Hydra soldiers, between them and a haul, more or less invulnerable to their foes attacks, and delivering unstoppable counter-attacks of their own (and, since one of them is supposed to be really smart, maybe even having a clever tactic?). To a street level hero with minimal or no powers, like Daredevil, or Paladin or The Prowler, the average member of the Wrecking Crew might as well be the Juggernaut. I'd like to see that acknowledged.

In addition to 'bad' mutants gathering in a new Mutant Liberation Front, gathering some exiled 'bad-guy' Inhumans, like Maelstrom's minions (Phobos, Helios, Gronk), or Maximus' original gang (Seeker, Stallior, Timberius, Leonus, Falcona), or the Dark Riders (Tusk!, Foxbat, Barrage, Hard-Drive, etc.), could be fun. There are a ton of them, mostly abandoned, that could be revitalized and even have their own outcast Inhuman community somewhere.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 03-11-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Incredible Member

Two more that i'll add from having flipped through the early arcs of Bendis's first volume of New Avengers:

Electro- even though he's currently dead him busting out all those villains out of the raft shows what he's capable of when supercharged and motivated...Also i recall an arc from i want to say ASM when he made spidey beg for his life by using his powers to somehow mess with his brain.

Hydroman-largely regarded as a joke but he damn near drowned everyone in the raft which i thought was pretty impressive (the art didn't hurt either)

Also going back to the Wrecking Crew you again can go back to Bendis's early New Avengers where it show how hard it is to take one of them down (in this instance Wrecker) where it took Luke Cage, Spider-Woman, Wolverine and Spider-Man to bring him down.
    Last edited by classicgmer; 03-11-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Spectacular Member

I'd love to see King Cobra and Mr. Hyde interact again (either as partners or rivals, I don't care, I've always liked that pairing).

I don't know how recently Flag Smasher's used, but I see alot of potential for a compelling villain there in today's world.

Given that Doctor Strange is apparently going cosmic with Waid's run, it would be cool if they found a way to incorporate Cagliostro/Sise-Neg. Korvac's been brought back before, so I don't see why they couldn't do something similar here.

I'd love to see a proper Scourge of the Underworld emerge as a foe or the Punisher.

Lastly, barring all the ones I'm forgetting, I'd love to see compelling new villains that aren't simple mirror images of whatever respective heroes they face

Incredible Member

the entire rogues gallery of ironman: armored adventures.

seriously some of the best repackaging of villains and it was kind of ignored.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    the entire rogues gallery of ironman: armored adventures.

seriously some of the best repackaging of villains and it was kind of ignored.
    Because people were pissed it was using a teenaged Tony Stark as the main character to appeal to Nickelodeon's target demographic and overlooked everything else, including the actually impressive revamps of Iron Man's rogues gallery. That said, I'm with Hypestyle in that we could use some more common crooks (among the supervillain/super-criminal set) who are just out for a big score and don't actually wanna conquer or destroy the world, or murder and/or maim a lot of people for the hell of it. Speaking to the poster who brought up Erik Killmonger, he did have a son who swore vengeance for his death in his last published appearance, if I recall correctly from the wiki, so that guy could, if old enough, be dusted off and revamped as a combo of MCU Killmonger and Ezekiel Stane in terms of being a younger, savvier, and deadlier rival to T'Challa with much of the same motives as MCU Killmonger.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

The Nova villain Sphinx

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Because people were pissed it was using a teenaged Tony Stark as the main character to appeal to Nickelodeon's target demographic and overlooked everything else, including the actually impressive revamps of Iron Man's rogues gallery. That said, I'm with Hypestyle in that we could use some more common crooks (among the supervillain/super-criminal set) who are just out for a big score and don't actually wanna conquer or destroy the world, or murder and/or maim a lot of people for the hell of it. Speaking to the poster who brought up Erik Killmonger, he did have a son who swore vengeance for his death in his last published appearance, if I recall correctly from the wiki, so that guy could, if old enough, be dusted off and revamped as a combo of MCU Killmonger and Ezekiel Stane in terms of being a younger, savvier, and deadlier rival to T'Challa with much of the same motives as MCU Killmonger.
    it's what I expect to happen. why would they even introduce the son if it weren't a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    The Mutant Liberation Front! No joke, I want them brought back. Make them mutant rights activists. And make them someone the reader actually sympathizes with, and even agrees with. Have them murder murderers. Free mutants who are wrongly imprisoned. Operating internationally to protect and avenge mutants. And have some of the X-Men actually support them, too.

Mostly, I just want Tempo and Thumbelina back. They were so great. Forearm can stay, too, I guess. Those three actually all seemed like pretty reasonable people who didn't want to hurt anyone who didn't deserve it.
    honestly, I'd like to see them get secondary mutations or some kind of upgrade. it'd be easier to take than Wolfsbane suddenly becoming a pack of wolves.