-Lord Nightmare.
    -Malice.
    -Ghost.
    -Warbird.
    -Madame Hydra/Viper.
    -Crossfire.
    -Dracula.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

One group that has never gotten that one great story to push them into A List status to me is the U Foes. I mean they are the evil version of the Fantastic Four who actually set out to become that. They are not just victims who turned evil after getting their powers. They went into space with that purpose and were all pretty nasty to begin with. I think they have always just needed that one good writer with good take, and they could be right up there with the Masters of Evil as one of Marvels premiere villain teams.

Wasn't Spider-Man : Breakout U-Foe-centric? They also kicked off the a Siege of Asgard.

Spectacular Member

Would love to see more focus on Super Villain TEAMS, like the above mentioned U-Foes, Serpent Society, Squadron Sinister ect.

But used in long term story lines rather than just 1-3 issue arcs like most are now. For example a Thor story line where the Wrecking Crew is traveling to various celestial realms stealing mystical weapons to upgrade their powers rather than just showing up and robbing a bank so they can get the old 5 panel beat down like they are so often used for now.

Get back to the days where villain groups were major players with long term goals rather than just modern day "red Shirt" gimmick of the week.

The Mutant Liberation Front! No joke, I want them brought back. Make them mutant rights activists. And make them someone the reader actually sympathizes with, and even agrees with. Have them murder murderers. Free mutants who are wrongly imprisoned. Operating internationally to protect and avenge mutants. And have some of the X-Men actually support them, too.

Mostly, I just want Tempo and Thumbelina back. They were so great. Forearm can stay, too, I guess. Those three actually all seemed like pretty reasonable people who didn't want to hurt anyone who didn't deserve it.

I'd have them treated almost like the real people who punch Nazis. Like folk heroes.

Black Ant would be a good foe for Ant-Man and the Wasp.

BANNED

There are literally dozens of great existing villains that don't get any exposure in modern comics. Instead, we get the Wrecking Crew and Sentinels over and over again. I think it's time writers dig a little deeper and pull characters from classic comics, modernizing them and restoring the presence they once had.

• Yellowjacket: he'd be a great villain for the Ant-Man & the Wasp mini-series. I'd love him to become an adversary for all the Pym Particle heroes.
    • Hydro-Man: throw him into Mad Thinkers pseudo-Fantastic Four to oppose Human Torch.
    • Calypso: she's been known to cheat death. I'd love to see her return, especially if she can go up against Jericho Drumm at some point.
    • Typhoid Mary: Mary Walker is a mutant with dissociative identity disorder, each of her distinctive personalities with their own powers. Her unpredictability and long history with Daredevil make her a prime candidate for a comic resurgence.
    • Selene: the Black Queen of the Hellfire Club was resurrected a few years ago and hasn't done much since. I've been waiting for her to make a move, especially to counter Emma Frost and the X-Men.
    • Mandarin: Hopefully Dan Slott brings back the Mandarin with the relaunch. He's a classic villain with plenty of power, and I'd love him to make a comeback in a big way.
    • Erik Killmonger: the Black Panther film just proved how much of a badass he is. He's dead in the MU right now, but that can easily be undone. Bring him back and prove how he can be the biggest threat to everything Wakanda stands for.
    • Ghost: the Antman & the Wasp film later in the year is the debut of a female Ghost in the MCU, but I would love for classic Ghost to feature somewhere in Fresh Start. He's creepy as hell.
    • Jigsaw: Ben Barnes played Billy Russo brilliantly in the Punisher Netflix series, and I'm dying to see him in the comics again. Whilst a very dark antagonist, the Punisher comics often deal with the very darkest corners of the MU, so a return is on the cards
    • Whirlwind: his obsession with Janet van Dyne and rivalry with Hank Pym establishes him as a dangerous foe. He's shown up as a grunt a few times in recent years but has never been a serious threat; I'd change that.
    • Exodus & the Acolytes: Bennet du Paris sees himself as an ally to mutantkind, but his radical methods have often put him and his followers at odds with the X-Men, something I'd like to see once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Black Ant would be a good foe for Ant-Man and the Wasp.
    Paradoxically so would Mitch Carson.

I'd also love to see the Iron Maniac back.

Last edited by Captain Astounding; 03-11-2018 at 05:58 AM.
    The Sidekicks Podcast made by comics newbies, for comics newbies.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roni190 View Post
    Would love to see more focus on Super Villain TEAMS, like the above mentioned U-Foes, Serpent Society, Squadron Sinister ect.

But used in long term story lines rather than just 1-3 issue arcs like most are now. For example a Thor story line where the Wrecking Crew is traveling to various celestial realms stealing mystical weapons to upgrade their powers rather than just showing up and robbing a bank so they can get the old 5 panel beat down like they are so often used for now.

Get back to the days where villain groups were major players with long term goals rather than just modern day "red Shirt" gimmick of the week.
    I love the groups that are not out to rule the world. They just want to get rich. Teams like the Serpent Society, Sinister Syndicate, and Zodiac. They definitely need more exposure.

Hypno Hustler

I want mangeto to be villian again, see sinister more and spidey go up against kraven.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I love the groups that are not out to rule the world. They just want to get rich. Teams like the Serpent Society, Sinister Syndicate, and Zodiac. They definitely need more exposure.
    I agree with this. Add the Masters of Evil to this. Turn the Thunderbolts back into the Masters since they are in limbo. They could be heroes disguised as villains for a change.

The Syndicate could have Janice Lincoln the Beetle lead the team. Add Lady Stilt-Man. Speed Demon. Rhino. Hydro Man.

Zodiac could have both the human and LMD cartels.

I'd love to see Spencer's Tales to Astonish crew that was in Ant-Man. Whirlwind, Porcupine, Voice, Magician and Hijacker. Add a new Black Knight.

Serpent Society was always interesting. Gruenwald's Cap they were major players.

Give some of these teams a mini. Superior Foes of Spiderman was a hit. Villains United was fun. So was the Heist.

Yes

Masters of evil
    Brotherhood of evil mutants
    Sinister six