Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I'd like to finally see a true team of villains. Guys that would break each other out of prison after they inevitably get caught. This is what the Wrecking Crew should have been.

Taskmaster
    Moonstone
    Scorpion (Mac Gargan)
    Whirlwind
    Tiger Shark
    Rhino
    Theoretically, a true villain would have little concern for their co-workers. Zemo generally keeps a short list of supervillains that he recruits/relies on for his schemes; the core of his Masters of Evil. Even he plans more for not getting caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Theoretically, a true villain would have little concern for their co-workers. Zemo generally keeps a short list of supervillains that he recruits/relies on for his schemes; the core of his Masters of Evil. Even he plans more for not getting caught.
    Fair point, but that would then be a challenge for the writer. Cohesion and trust could be the final key to finally making one of these super villain teams successful.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

they had their chance with Simon Williams. they chickened out. they could polish off some of the unused Avengers Initiative characters; have them become jaded anti-heroes and/or villains.
    Gauntlet's a little too rules obsessed, imo. he's also supposed to help Southpaw become a hero, in the future. I was more talking about someone like Hardball, Armory (institutionalized last that we saw her), Johnny Cool, Supermax, Vox, Geiger, Melee, all of the Liberteens, etc.
    Armory would have been an excellent choice to revamp as a villain, especially given the sorry track record of mental asylums in superhero fiction, not to mention . . . they did put her in there to shut her up, like "no one's gonna believe a mental patient." I could see her developing a grudge over that, especially if someone equipped her with a means to act on it and try to take revenge. As for Simon Williams, I could understand his heel turn in the sense that he saw himself as the guy who was going to finally hold the Avengers accountable for their mistakes and the damage those mistakes had wrought upon the world, and given what happened to Armory and other young aspiring heroes in the Initiative, that would definitely be something to call out the Avengers over. In a nutshell, I really, really didn't like how after Dark Reign was over, Marvel tried to act as if the events leading to it, particularly Civil War, never happened and everything was good and dandy now.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Every Villain doesn't need to be Snidely Whiplash.

You can have a small group who looks out for one another and helps each other when there in prison down on their luck etc. and still have them be villains. Loyalty and teamwork can actually make a group (not necessarily the ones mentioned above, but any group) a more credible threat and therefore better villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Armory would have been an excellent choice to revamp as a villain, especially given the sorry track record of mental asylums in superhero fiction, not to mention . . . they did put her in there to shut her up, like "no one's gonna believe a mental patient." I could see her developing a grudge over that, especially if someone equipped her with a means to act on it
    I'd just have the tactigon regrafted to her stump (K.I.A isn't alive to use it anymore). there's always the power broker as well. it was pretty heinous of them to throw her in that hospital/prison w/ the knowledge that she had killed another student. Gyrich will probably never have to answer for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    and try to take revenge. As for Simon Williams, I could understand his heel turn in the sense that he saw himself as the guy who was going to finally hold the Avengers accountable for their mistakes and the damage those mistakes had wrought upon the world, and given what happened to Armory and other young aspiring heroes in the Initiative, that would definitely be something to call out the Avengers over. In a nutshell, I really, really didn't like how after Dark Reign was over, Marvel tried to act as if the events leading to it, particularly Civil War, never happened and everything was good and dandy now.
    I was just going w/ the ionic poisoning method. generally, I think he's a good guy. but they just keep recycling the "trapped inside of teammate" story w/ him.

Incredible Member

Initiative was messed up and some kids got screwed. So yea, Armory would be a good character to bring back, but she was a relative novice on everything. I'm not sure she has the tools to even beat a Young Avengers team. Especially without that arm. Now if she was to become the new K.I.A, then I could see some potential.

I wouldn't mind that Apex character from Avengers Arena to make a comeback. You don't get many characters that just kill on a whim with no remorse.

Would love to see:

Basilisk
    Rapture and the Contingency
    Mutant Liberation Front
    Charnel
    Mastermind sisters.
    Killmonger
    Hardball
    True Juggernaut
    Joystick
    Ultron
    Fenris
    Bullseye
    Nimrod

Also a few other plot pointed characters that were dropped like:

Cloak's girlfriend who was mind controlled and turned evil. He never saved her or anything....kinda left her to be tortured.

The Shi'ar guy that became a nova corp member, then was converted to a Raptor I think...can't quite remember, but he was left for dead last seen.

Oh yea...I also want my favorite summers brother, Vulcan, to come back. War of Kings was awesome!!
    Last edited by Tmacaoni; 03-13-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Every Villain doesn't need to be Snidely Whiplash.
    I've made it a point to study the Marvel Villains. they are why I read. and, from my experience, the good/trustworthy ones tend to A) work alone because the don't trust anyone or B) continually get stabbed in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    You can have a small group who looks out for one another and helps each other when there in prison down on their luck etc. and still have them be villains. Loyalty and teamwork can actually make a group (not necessarily the ones mentioned above, but any group) a more credible threat and therefore better villains.
    sure. the U-Foes are family. they are linked by tragedy and a common goal. but that's rare. the norms of marvel villainy don't allow for that sort of thing. the double cross is expected and respectable behavior in that community. there is even what amounts to a hazing ritual where any rookie costumed villain has to experience the double cross and accept it. it's to make them more selfish and less vulnerable. Hydro-Man and Shocker are, apparently, close friends. Hydro-Man has betrayed Shocker more than once (although he apologized the second time around). it's just part of their warped morals. it's what made the Hood special. he was an outsider who saw potential in changing the rules of supervillainy; look after one another.

Big Wheel! It's time he got the respect he deserves!

BANNED

I always liked the idea of a gang or army gathered together. There are so many C-Lister villains that pose no threat to the MU alone, but together could cause some real damage. I imagine foes like Count Nefaria, Madam Masque, The Hood or Baron Zemo would have reason to put gather villains from across the MU. I mean, there are so many available... Black Talon, Blizzard, Blue Streak, Chemistro, Coldheart, Crossfire, Deathwatch, Dragonfly, Eel, Grey Gargoyle, Griffin, Headsman, Joystick, Lightmaster, Living Laser, Looter, Nitro, Quicksand, Radioactive Man, Scorcher, Speed Demon, Swarm, Tarantula, Trapster, Vermin, Whirlwind, Yellowjacket.... I could go on and on but I love the concept of them all gathered together.

Make Apocalypse a real a class villain, along with the likes of Thanos and Doctor Doom etc.

Bring back the cosmic villain Tryant and have him be how he originally started out destroying teams of hero’s.

Mephisto, show how dangerous he can be when he’s not scheming and plotting.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I always liked the idea of a gang or army gathered together. There are so many C-Lister villains that pose no threat to the MU alone, but together could cause some real damage. I imagine foes like Count Nefaria, Madam Masque, The Hood or Baron Zemo would have reason to put gather villains from across the MU. I mean, there are so many available... Black Talon, Blizzard, Blue Streak, Chemistro, Coldheart, Crossfire, Deathwatch, Dragonfly, Eel, Grey Gargoyle, Griffin, Headsman, Joystick, Lightmaster, Living Laser, Looter, Nitro, Quicksand, Radioactive Man, Scorcher, Speed Demon, Swarm, Tarantula, Trapster, Vermin, Whirlwind, Yellowjacket.... I could go on and on but I love the concept of them all gathered together.
    Isn't that kind of what the Hood's Crime Syndicate was?

The various Masters Of Evil teams have been a bunch of C-List villains as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Isn't that kind of what the Hood's Crime Syndicate was?

The various Masters Of Evil teams have been a bunch of C-List villains as well.
    The Hood was basically just copying Sidewinder and the Serpent Society.

There's also the Deadly Dozen, which consisted of a bunch of mooks brought back to life to kill the Punisher. But I guess most of them re-died.

Superia recruited all the B and C-List female villains in the early 90's, also.

Villain teams are a dime a dozen, they're just poorly utilized.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The Hood was basically just copying Sidewinder and the Serpent Society.

There's also the Deadly Dozen, which consisted of a bunch of mooks brought back to life to kill the Punisher. But I guess most of them re-died.

Superia recruited all the B and C-List female villains in the early 90's, also.

Villain teams are a dime a dozen, they're just poorly utilized.
    The problem with the Serpent Society is they only took in snake based villains, which kinda limits their talent pool. Its kinda dumb Sidewinder won't hire Electro, who is really powerful, because he does not have a snake based gimmick.

The Hood's group could have been great, but almost none of the villains in the group used their powers or gimmicks well or had any personality. It was a waste.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadTitan View Post
    Make Apocalypse a real a class villain, along with the likes of Thanos and Doctor Doom etc.
    I thought it would be interesting to see an Apocalypse free of all the Celestial manipulation. Have him emerge from a healing chamber just 100% En Sabah Nur with all his original powers but none of the Celestial tech grafted to him. A totally free En Sabah Nur acting of his own free will for the first time since ancient times with his survival of of the fittest creed back in full effect. He could still retain all the knowledge the Celestial tech gave him, but would not just be a pawn of them anymore.