Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Golden-age Catwoman by Joelle Jones. I've seen some of her images for Golden Age Catwoman and they are gorgeous. Her Lady Killer series is awesome as well; she can both write and draw in period tones. I think she could do justice to the criminality and JOY of Catwoman (golden age version), the seductiveness and intelligence of Selina Kyle the socialite, and the sentimentality and reluctant altruism of Selina the person. [In this case I'm using the definition of reluctant altruism that gets talked about with blood donation: "do not trust that other will help and so help when others free-ride.". She doesn't really want to do the heroic things, but can't turn away when she knows no one else will step in. It's why she defends the most vulnerable, the neighbourhoods others have given up on, but struggles with the responsibility]. Interludes with Batman/Bruce Wayne would probably be gorgeous as well based on the aesthetic she's shown in her Catwoman sketches.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Cass wont be adopted and Damian is his only son LOL.

On a serious note there are serious problems with this set up.

Continuity is the first hurdle. You're all to aware so I'm not going to dive in to this.

Second problem is theme. You have the boys united by their experiences as Robin and then there's Cass.

A book called family focusing only on those characters not even united by a common theme comes across as elitist and will marginalize other characters and their fans. It would be one thing if its called Robin creating a logical marketing niche but they cant create something called Bruce's kids and family kinda has to incorporate Babs, Steph etc cause they too are family.
    And Kate too. Considering she is his cousin.

In the Nightwing thread, someone talked about using a character to build a bridge between the WW and Batman franchises similar to how Nightwing links the Batman/Superman franchises. So I would use one of the Batgirls i.e Babs or Steph to do that by building a relationship with WW and/or the amazons and getting involved in mythic adventures.

I'm not discounting Cass but someone already posted the globe-trotting adventure which is better than my "she goes to china and becomes the batman inc rep for hong kong etc".

Ascended talked about Nightwing moving to Metropolis and I'd just let him do that.

I'd just have Babs takeover the Flamebird mantle because it bring in the phoenix metaphor (rising from the ashes). Someone had Bette joins ARGUS so I'd just use her in that capacity. She fills the role of Detective Gordon for Babs which gives them a whole new dynamic to play with.

If Outlaws fails I'd just have Red hood go hang out with Nightwing like someone else suggested.

Luke becomes a public superhero like Jim Gordon was in Snyder/Capullo's Superheavy arc (I'd probably use this for another DC animated movie).

Godlike13 suggested Tim go work for Detective Chimp's agency so I'd use Azreal in that role. Or I'd just stick Azreal in JLD/Shadowpact as the every-man "eyes on the ground" type character.

For my Lonnie as Robin AU, I'd ape the structure of Superman: American Alien and have each issue be a stand alone tale spread across a few years of his life. It was born out of a fan theory that Lonnie was Red Robin during the new 52 instead of Tim. So it would show how he goes from classic Anarky to New 52 red robin to DC Rebirth Anarky who looks slick as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And Kate too. Considering she is his cousin.
    If Batwoman does that she's officially no longer cool.

Training some of them them is one thing, but wanting to hang-out with a bunch of her cousins kids regularly makes her sound like a nanny.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    Red Hood

Jason actually doing street level crime fighting, without the silly outlaws. That's who he is.
    I would definitely get that!

Incredible Member

I want a Batman'39. A series with the Golden Age Batman set in 1939.

Fantastic Member

Bronze Age Batman is the dream Batman tbh. iI just marathoned the regular Batman BA book and i love every page of it.

For Bruce I'll take punching random Gotham goons but with better characterization and actual detective work and fighting skills over fighting Darkseld-lite villains with BatJerk and BatGod mode with no detective work and no people skills. BA Catwoman and Talia and Batgirl and even Vicky Vale were all SO good. If we talk Kate Kane then i want her book to show how military her work is in constrast to Batman.

With a better Batman and Bruce Wayne, I can see him being more open and willing to learn how Jason's lower class world and way of herosim actually operates. Red Hood and the Outsiders sounds dope as hell.

BA Robin was NOT a self insert and is more a partner with Batman than any other Robin. He had a worldview that's different from Batman and a larger than life personality (seen in "To kill a legend" 1981) He was more competent solo than Nightwing now with nearly identical storylines - discovering himself, fighting the past, in hostage but saved himself with skills and grace and just was a true hero helping people everywhere without Batma boss him around, and he's already not even in Gotham! - I'm just glad that Humphries found his way to write THAT old Dick Grayson in his short run.

Pre Crisis Nightwing origin with the Teen Titan aka the best Nightwing. Also Nightwing belongs with the Teen Titans not the Bat.

Tim can stay or he can go. He's a self insert for more drama and i can't see i need him except for when Bruce is out of action/injured/dies. With that i'd change his origin to something other than fanboying self insert.

Damian Wayne is Silver Age Damian created by Alfred and dutifully stays with his dad as Robin after all his brothers left the nest .

Also Joker would be dead after Jason died, or Jason doesnt die at all and Joker still dies.

James Gordon Jr would be used as a big villain.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    Red Hood

Jason actually doing street level crime fighting, without the silly outlaws. That's who he is.
    That’s what I’m talking about!
    (I still Love RHATO book though)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    For my Lonnie as Robin AU, I'd ape the structure of Superman: American Alien and have each issue be a stand alone tale spread across a few years of his life. It was born out of a fan theory that Lonnie was Red Robin during the new 52 instead of Tim. So it would show how he goes from classic Anarky to New 52 red robin to DC Rebirth Anarky who looks slick as hell.
    The big problem with the Lonnie as Robin Elseworld is on the other hand that the current version of Tim has become much more like the classic version of Lonnie.

Batman: Starring Batman doing Batman like things (Snyder and Capullo back at the helm)
    Detective Comics: Batman doing Detective things (Tom King's Book)
    Nightwing and Robin: Nightwing and Damian in Bludhaven(Grant Morrison writing it)
    Red Hood and the Outlaws: (Red Hood, Artemis, Bizarro, Grid, Godspeed, Arkillo and Black Manta)
    BIRDS OF PREY GLOBAL: Barbara as ORACLE, Canary, Catwoman, Huntress and Cassandra Cain/Batgirl
    Gotham Central: Jim and Harvey's GCPD book (Rucka)
    Rene Montoya: PI with Rene doing her Question thing without the Identity of Question- Leave that to Vic Sage. (Rucka)
    Batwoman Incorporated: Kate with the Colony
    Batwing and Azrael - Shadow of the Bat- Luke and Jean Paul (in his Az-Bat Armour)
    Red Robin and the Spoiler by Dixon (Obviously)
    Gotham Knights (The Bat Family gone Global working from Tim's Belfry in Gotham, without Batman's oversight. Tim and Dick running the Show where anyone from the Bat Family not currently in a Global team joins.)
    M
    Also a book set in Main Canon before Thomas Wayne met Alfred where we get to see Alfred being awesome, maybe even tying him to SPYRAL as an Early Member or Founder even unknowingly while in the Army.
    Last edited by Denirac; 03-05-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Red Robin & Spoiler. Tim and Steph on their own. Written by Chuck Dixon.
    Yes, please!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) by Brubaker and David Aja
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Nightwing and Robin: Nightwing and Damian in Bludhaven(Grant Morrison writing it)
    I'd kill for that book. Javier Fernandez on art maybe?

"Batman" - Tom's run hasn't been outstanding and I think they ought to give the title to Tomasi and have Damien be a lot more involved with a similarity to Supermans latest "father son" dynamic.

"Detective Comics" - Batman's mostly solo book where he goes deep into mysteries and occasionally has cameos from prominent characters outside the Bat franchise like Detective Chimp or like Deadman. Written by Morrison.

"Bats In The Belfry " - The whole batfamily appearing regularly where they track villains that deal in Gotham outside of the city and track down the sources, basically extending the Bat umbrella of crime stopping coverage. Babs is both Batgirl when she needs to be but Oracle most often, and Tim still taking care of the Belfry and playing strategist while occasionally going out in the field but mostly having the field agents be Nightwing, Red Hood, Orphan, Batwoman, and Azreal.
    Damien and Bruce appear but aren't usually very involved with Belfry missions. Appearances from Black Canary and Huntress to also happen which pull Barbara into the field more so that way fans get their BoP fix as well. Written by Venditti

"Red Hood and the Outlaws" - basically change nothing except include Wally West II, Orm, and Arsenal. Lobdell stays he's been really good so far.

BRING BACK SUPERSONS

since im sure that won't happen and I'm sure Titans and TT are ending and reforming it should go like

Titans : Nightwing, Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, Aqualad, Raven, Beast Boy, Donna Troy, Wally West, Superboy (Jon). Dropping the TEEN pretense and just deciding to be their own statement to the Justice League. (Cyborg leaving the league to "coach" his own team with Nightwing as his second in command. ) Written by Gerard Way preferably but I can see why people would think it's an odd choice. I just want someone who can write authentic youthful dialogue and Way can deliver that. Williamson could work too.

If and when they bring back Kon/Bart they can put them with Tim and Cassie and everyone will be happy.

"The Question Agency" - Vic Sage is back! And he wants Renee to take it the Question mantle again, but this time to spread their ideal. He wants to make an agency of faceless detectives, willing to take on the strange, and willing to ask The Questions. But why go big, why now? Whos funding this? Renee may have to question the man himself who gave her new purpose. Taking inspiration from 52 where Vic trains Renee and expanding the idea. Visits to other Earth's, visitors from other planes, and fighting corruption of consumerism to ensue. Written by Tom King.
    Last edited by Casantrizos; 03-05-2018 at 07:38 PM.
    "Beware my Power..."

"I'M THE G#&-&@™√ BATMAN" - Batman

"The best bottle of single-malt I've ever tasted was uncorked by someone trying to sell me Loch Ness Monster pups..." - John Constantine

Quote Originally Posted by Mister BoMan View Post
    I want a Batman'39. A series with the Golden Age Batman set in 1939.
    This is a great idea, and one that could easily be extended: Golden Age Superman, WWII-era Wonder Woman (or Captain America, for that matter), Golden Age Captain Marvel/Shazam. DC should launch a Golden Age line. It's a way to have another playground for major characters without the strain of decades of convoluted continuity or endless crossovers. It would even be fun to fit in appearances from other heroes and villains that weren't around then but could be entertainingly retrofitted to the era - off the top of my head, a Golden Age Midnighter could be a hoot. And I now see K Nikk above already wants a Golden Age Catwoman, so there's at least one person who should be on board with the whole concept.

Why not? Batman '66 and Wonder Woman '77 seem to have been pretty successful.