Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default Team Ice speculiation Thread

So Iceman is promised to get his own team to lead. In the last preview we see him dreaming of a team and previously we saw him leading a smell team and it seems he is taking Rictor on an adventure in #11, so he might also become one of the team....

So, lets start a speculation thread on this.

1 - Do you think he will actually get a team?

2 - Do you think that team will get a series published or not?

3 - In Phoenix ResurreXion his squad was called the Yellow team, what name do you think Bobby's team will be.

4 - Below are two teams that were teased, you think the cast will be like one of these, and if not, what you think the cast will probably look like?

Team Ice 1.jpg
    Team Iceman 1 (Yellow Squad): Iceman, Boom Boom, Hellion, X23, Chamber and Longshot

Team Ice 2.jpg
    Team Iceman 2: Iceman, Beast, Oya, Michaela, Cannonaball, Chamber (again) and Dust

Team Iceman 3: Iceman, Rictor and .......
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

I don't think Bobby's going to get a team, unfortunately. The fact that he's going back and forth on it and there's no sign of a new X-Book on the horizon yet makes me think he decides he's not ready for it. I'd love to be wrong, though.

He's in the 'new team' for X-Men Gold, unfortunately.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

I don't think he's going to get a team either sadly. :/

Isn't the new team in the X-Men Gold sollicit his team ? That would make more sense ?

XMGOLD2017025-Cov.jpg

Personally, I doubt they will start another team book soon, as they just started Red and it seems Blue and Weapon have cast changes ahead, so probably won't end soon. IMO Gold might get changed after the wedding, as Nightcrawler is now part of Red and Kiity and Peter might take a break after the wedding (hope they do). But that's all speculation.

Since this is a speculation thread I would LOVE to see a team with Iceman as leader (he deserves it by now).

And regarding the cast, I saw some on these 2 teams who would fit great with Bobby: Boom Boom, Cannonball, Dust and I like his talking to Rictor as well. To me these together with Frenzy, Northstar and Cece Reyes would be the most perfect team ever.

With some students like Oya, Michaela, Indra, Rockslide and Anole on the side.

1) Maybe??? I think, if he would, he'll get a team on the very last page.

2) I doubt it, honestly. But there's hope for him if the X-Line relaunches.

3) Probably X-Men Yellow? Astonishing X-Men?

4) Team Iceman:

-Iceman
    -Boom-Boom
    -Oya
    -Michaela
    -Hellion
    -Dust
    -Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    Isn't the new team in the X-Men Gold sollicit his team ? That would make more sense ?

XMGOLD2017025-Cov.jpg
    Yeah, but that's only for like.....2 issues.

It doesn't look like Bobby's positioned as leader there, though I guess he and Rogue would be the only candidates to make sense.

Well there we got a 3rd option.

But I don't think this one will actually stick. Rogue should never play 2nd fiddle to anyone after leading the Avengers for so long. If they would have put Magma and Cece Reyes there instead of Rogue, plus one extra male, I might have believed it could be the new Gold team and... I would like it as well.

I just hope that they don't just give him a bunch of JV X-men (if a team actually happens). I'd like to see the dynamic of some of the A-Listers taking orders from Bobby. I think Warren and Betsy would be good...Angel would actually give his best friend a fair shake, and there could be some comedy of Psylocke wondering how Warren roped her into having to be led by Bobby. But yeah...maybe one or two of the big names, and then a mix of New Mutants, Gen Xers, and X-Kids.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Personally, I doubt they will start another team book soon, as they just started Red and it seems Blue and Weapon have cast changes ahead, so probably won't end soon. IMO Gold might get changed after the wedding, as Nightcrawler is now part of Red and Kiity and Peter might take a break after the wedding (hope they do). But that's all speculation.

Since this is a speculation thread I would LOVE to see a team with Iceman as leader (he deserves it by now).

And regarding the cast, I saw some on these 2 teams who would fit great with Bobby: Boom Boom, Cannonball, Dust and I like his talking to Rictor as well. To me these together with Frenzy, Northstar and Cece Reyes would be the most perfect team ever.

With some students like Oya, Michaela, Indra, Rockslide and Anole on the side.
    As William Munny says, "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

Money talks and as the recent cancelled solo has shown, Iceman doesn't bring in the sales. Bobby being the leader of a team will not pull in more readers, and more importantly, comic book buyers, than if he were just a team member. The financial health of the book is better off being led by another character.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    As William Munny says, "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

Money talks and as the recent cancelled solo has shown, Iceman doesn't bring in the sales. Bobby being the leader of a team will not pull in more readers, and more importantly, comic book buyers, than if he were just a team member. The financial health of the book is better off being led by another character.
    Storm's and Cyclops' solo series were both cancelled and they are the most prominent leaders of the X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I don't think Bobby's going to get a team, unfortunately. The fact that he's going back and forth on it and there's no sign of a new X-Book on the horizon yet makes me think he decides he's not ready for it. I'd love to be wrong, though.
    I agree.

I don't think he will either, only because it was never announce in the "Fresh Start" so.....but who knows. I'll stay in hopes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Storm's and Cyclops' solo series were both cancelled and they are the most prominent leaders of the X-Men.
    Well, I was being nice and didn't want to bring up the fact that not only did the solo series fail, it failed spectacularly by selling below 15K copies by issue 4 and at 11k in February. I can't be bothered to check, but I seriously doubt Storm or Cyclops' solos did this badly.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by passerby View Post
    Well, I was being nice and didn't want to bring up the fact that not only did the solo series fail, it failed spectacularly by selling below 15K copies by issue 4 and at 11k in February. I can't be bothered to check, but I seriously doubt Storm or Cyclops' solos did this badly.
    Irrelevant, they all sold poorly enough to be cancelled. By that logic, Wolverine is the only character who should lead the X-Men.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-02-2018 at 10:18 AM.