Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Favorite Hero Who Never Had Their Own Ongoing Series

Who is your favorite HERO who has never had their own SOLO SERIES? The character may be a member of a TEAM comic, a back-up feature, or have a mini-series or one-shot, but can never have starred in non-limited run, no matter how short.

Mine is The Shroud -- I think he gets dismissed as a Batman/The Shadow rip-off, but I've always found the Shroud's power set interesting, and his modus operandi is absolutely fascinating. If you're unfamiliar with the character (and I can't blame you), he operates as a criminal mastermind, putting together a gang of real criminals (his famous gang is the Night Shift, a bunch of horror themed supervillains), taking over an area until he's the local kingpin, then dismantling his own gang from the inside, leaving no organized crime left standing in his wake. That's brilliant!

He's had one mediocre 4 issue mini-series, but it totally focused on the wrong elements of the character (his background, which is 100% stolen from The Shadow). The majority of his appearances run through West Coast Avengers, starting with the mini-series, then the ongoing series, and even some Solo Avengers appearances (where he appears in Hawkeye's story), as well as Daredevil, Spider-Man and Spider-Woman. I'd love to see him get a new series in which we get to see him roll into a new city, take over the local crime scene, and then do his thing. Maybe even put together a new Night Shift.

Crystal. She was the lead in All New Inhumans, but that was a team book. I think she's a character that could really shine in a solo series with the right creative team.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

That would be my favorite Marvel hero in general, Karolina Dean. And I'm just fine with that really. The Runaways work best together.

BANNED

Ultimate Spider-Woman should have had her own, or at least a mini-series.

Janet Van Dyne.

Hmmm. Most of my favorites, have had their own series, even if it was not very sucessful. Mostly they are characters that work better in teams, but still... Wonder Man, Hercules, She-Hulk, Cyclops, Havok (I consider Mutant X his OGS), Quasar, Hank Pym, Captain Britain, etc... all have had their own series, and, even if I enjoyed most of them (not all), they were nor commercially successful.
    Of those who remain, I guess I'd go with Spectrum (if only they'd had bet on her as Captain Marvel), or maybe an unlikely buddy book between American Eagle and Warpath (for no other reason than that I like both and they have similar backgrounds).

Peace

Songbird, the writer that wants to tackle it can even build a supporting cast and rogues gallery just by using Thunderbolts material that wasn't referenced in modern runs like bringing Dallas Riordan back
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Janet Van Dyne.
    +1 I would wish for Janet to have an ongoing series. But it seems it will never happen

Another cool option would be Songbird.

Pete Wisdom.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Invisible Woman. She's never even had a mini while the other members of the FF had solo's or mini's...Even Franklin has got one before her.
    Last edited by Crimz; 03-02-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

That would be Cyclops, not the teenage version, but the adult one since they are different characters, very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    That would be Cyclops, not the teenage version, but the adult one since they are different characters, very different.
    This, but with Jean Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Janet Van Dyne.
    Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    Songbird, the writer that wants to tackle it can even build a supporting cast and rogues gallery just by using Thunderbolts material that wasn't referenced in modern runs like bringing Dallas Riordan back
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Invisible Woman. She's never even had a mini while the other members of the FF had solo's or mini's...Even Franklin has got one before her.
    Yeah, Jan, Melissa and Sue are all good suggestions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Northstar, obvs. But most of my faves just don't have a high enough profile to carry a solo book.

Janet Van Dyne