Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    It bums me out that such a unique group from such an interesting time never got a fair shake. I'd love to see them again, too.
    Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, I mean these guys:

We have:
    Iron Munro: veteran superhero, knows heroing inside and out, but also that he's not all powerful and needs help
    Steel: resident tech genius(yeah several others are good with tech, but he is the guy who really specializes in it)
    Livewire: long time villain, now trying to be a hero, also it's neat the various ways she can use her powers. A slice of life issue with her finding various things to do to annoy/help her team mates would be hilarious.
    Super-Chief: a bit of a newbie to the superhero scene, so he could be written as the team rookie, also a bit of a blank slate as he was such a new character that we didn't even find out what his actual name was.
    Supergirl and Superboy: They've been in team books, but I don't remember one with them together.

It sounds like the start for a neat story.

I'd also love to read a story with Lashina and Kal-El jr though.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

lol, some confusion between us, naturally. I meant these guys

Successors to... the Ravers, I guess lol. Teens inspired by Superman in modern times. I don't have all of their series so I dunno how they ended up.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    In Superman #666, Busiek had a demon try and corrupt Superman, and reveal its 'in' was that Superman had taken a life, which neither he nor Lois knew anything about; it was never addressed again before his run ended.
    I'm 100% sure this was a reference to the Pocket Universe Phantom Zone Villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    lol, some confusion between us, naturally. I meant these guys

Successors to... the Ravers, I guess lol. Teens inspired by Superman in modern times. I don't have all of their series so I dunno how they ended up.
    Ah, never read that one. I have no idea what happened to them either. The team was formed by Lex Luthor and Maximum's powers were due to cybernetics created by Luthor. But the wiki article doesn't say much about the last time the team was seen.

BANNED

I love the character of Mitch/Outburst. He's yet another wasted character that DC seems to forget about when creating new characters that go nowhere.

As for abandoned plotlines, I was re-reading Secret Origin last night and noticed that Cosmic Boy refers to future events that need to be kept from Clark.

future.jpg

Unless I'm forgetting something, there never was a "resurrection" of Doomsday, nor the Super-Sun or death of Lex. Perhaps Johns is revisiting the latter in Doomsday Clock?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    I love the character of Mitch/Outburst. He's yet another wasted character that DC seems to forget about when creating new characters that go nowhere.

As for abandoned plotlines, I was re-reading Secret Origin last night and noticed that Cosmic Boy refers to future events that need to be kept from Clark.

future.jpg

Unless I'm forgetting something, there never was a "resurrection" of Doomsday, nor the Super-Sun or death of Lex. Perhaps Johns is revisiting the latter in Doomsday Clock?
    Resurrection of Doomsday could refer to the 2011 arc "Reign of Doomsday". It ran parallel to the 2010-2011 "Grounded" series on the main Superman title.

Lex Luthor "died"/fell into a Phantom Zone hole in Action Comics #900. Before he goes, he tells Superman he is the one who revived and created the multiple Doomsdays for the aforementioned Reign of Doomsday arc.

New Krypton/Kandor/General Zod came and went with a whimper in the overly long and poorly executed New Krypton arc.

I don't think there was a Super-Sun. Remember, once "Grounded" and "Reign of Doomsday" finished their arcs, it was straight to the New 52.

Might be a typo. Maybe it's supposed to be Super-Son? IE Lor-Zod/Chris Kent?

Oh and the Earth/New Krypton war? First comic story arc where I wanted to see ZOD's team win and heat vision the human soldiers to ashes.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 03-06-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

If I recall there was a Super Sun brought up in part of the Grounded story where Superman meets the future Superman Dynasty or whatever they were called. Not sure if they showed him/it or not but they mentioned it unless I'm completely losing it.

Personally one thing (well many but I'll focus on this) I've always been confused by was the way Cir-El erased herself from existence. HOW did she do it? And was she from the future erased timeline or simply a kidnapped kid from the present? That rush to bring Kara Zor-El back really kinda bungled this ending. If the Futuresmiths and Brainiac made her how did she stop it? Did she find her human self and protect her somehow or?

Let's see. There's Billi Harper and Mon-El's child which was never alluded to again.

The Legion who went to find survivors of erased worlds was also never touched on again.

There was a one time use Superman villain who appeared in Worlds Finest. Batman and Superman through some mind shenanigans act like who they considered their greatest villains. Batman became Two-Face and Superman took on the name of a villain never seen before or after who was supposedly his greatest enemy in Superman's eyes. I don't recall the villains name anymore though, some kind of Conqueror.

Perhaps I've missed it but was there ever an answer for what Superman was up to in Underworld Unleashed? The story dealt with the heroes thinking Neron was after Superman's soul and he was nowhere to be seen or found. But by the end of the story it's never stated what Superman was up to and I don't recall it being touched on.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    If I recall there was a Super Sun brought up in part of the Grounded story where Superman meets the future Superman Dynasty or whatever they were called. Not sure if they showed him/it or not but they mentioned it unless I'm completely losing it.

Personally one thing (well many but I'll focus on this) I've always been confused by was the way Cir-El erased herself from existence. HOW did she do it? And was she from the future erased timeline or simply a kidnapped kid from the present? That rush to bring Kara Zor-El back really kinda bungled this ending. If the Futuresmiths and Brainiac made her how did she stop it? Did she find her human self and protect her somehow or?

Let's see. There's Billi Harper and Mon-El's child which was never alluded to again.

The Legion who went to find survivors of erased worlds was also never touched on again.

There was a one time use Superman villain who appeared in Worlds Finest. Batman and Superman through some mind shenanigans act like who they considered their greatest villains. Batman became Two-Face and Superman took on the name of a villain never seen before or after who was supposedly his greatest enemy in Superman's eyes. I don't recall the villains name anymore though, some kind of Conqueror.

Perhaps I've missed it but was there ever an answer for what Superman was up to in Underworld Unleashed? The story dealt with the heroes thinking Neron was after Superman's soul and he was nowhere to be seen or found. But by the end of the story it's never stated what Superman was up to and I don't recall it being touched on.
    Superman was in space during Underworld Unleashed, he had been abducted by the Tribunal to stand trial for something his ancestor did, which lead to the destruction of Krypton and was basically on the run at the time. Superboy, Steel, Eradicator and Supergirl went after him along with Alpha Centurion, which is why they were also absent for most of Underworld unleashed

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Ah, very good. I never knew that Trial affected UU that way. Makes a good story even better.

Cir-el's story was a temporal paradox. She decided that the best way to save the world was to undo the paradox, thus creating a timeline where she never existed. Why? because in the bleak dystopian future she came from, most humans had been infected with a nano-plague that made them act like Brainiac's robots.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Cir-el's story was a temporal paradox. She decided that the best way to save the world was to undo the paradox, thus creating a timeline where she never existed. Why? because in the bleak dystopian future she came from, most humans had been infected with a nano-plague that made them act like Brainiac's robots.
    Oh I know. I'm a huge fan of Cir-El. But like I said, the "Why" is pretty straightforward in the story. It's the HOW that lost me. Cir-El knew essentially nothing of her origin and even what she found out was pretty basic/ vague. But she somehow went back in time and knew exactly where, when and how to erase herself from existence? That's bothered me for ages.

Oh I know. I'm a huge fan of Cir-El. But like I said, the "Why" is pretty straightforward in the story. It's the HOW that lost me. Cir-El knew essentially nothing of her origin and even what she found out was pretty basic/ vague. But she somehow went back in time and knew exactly where, when and how to erase herself from existence? That's bothered me for ages.
    Yeah, that part of the story was vague. She found a time machine from some dudes who'd been messing with the timeline, and apparently they'd been watching her past. Why? Enh.. stuff and reasons? I don't remember if that was ever said.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I have said for years they should just pull Cir-El out of time before she fades away and stick her in the future with the Legion. She could be their permanent full time Supergirl one that the writers of the Legion would have full control over without having to worry about what the Superman editors had planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have said for years they should just pull Cir-El out of time before she fades away and stick her in the future with the Legion. She could be their permanent full time Supergirl one that the writers of the Legion would have full control over without having to worry about what the Superman editors had planned.
    She showed up in http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Superman/Batman_Vol_1_24 and http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Superman/Batman_Vol_1_25 which was a pretty nutso story.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 03-10-2018 at 01:37 PM.