Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    Unless I'm forgetting something, there never was a "resurrection" of Doomsday, nor the Super-Sun or death of Lex. Perhaps Johns is revisiting the latter in Doomsday Clock?
    Isn't 'the Super-Sun' another name for Solaris?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Isn't 'the Super-Sun' another name for Solaris?
    I don't think it's ever been ascribed to him. Tyrant Sun, sure.

I looked up the bit I mentioned earlier. There's a Superstar mentioned by the Supermen and Women issue but sadly no Super Sun.
    Last edited by PyroTwilight; 03-11-2018 at 07:30 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Superman x Lashina and their bastard son on Batman Beyond.

Totally agree we should go back to that asking for a sequel and I'm the one who created the image you posted.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Ignition. There was clearly something BIG being built towards who he actually was, but in the end he was just another one-and-done villain.

BANNED

-What happened to Keith, Perry's adopted son? What about Alice the copy girl? Not still living in the closet or with Perry I guess. Also can't recall the last time we saw Bibbo. The problem with all the changing reboots is that when a character is too tied to a previous version like Perry, they're just swept under the rug forever. I still keep thinking Lucy has a child with Ron Troupe...

-What was the deal with all the different versions of Brainiac (they were not robot dupes, one of them was Milton Fine and who knows what became of him) and all the Zods? Why did the Zods have the same name if they were completely separate characters who all existed in the same universe? I seem to recall the Russian Zod saga petered out with no real explanation.

-What were the secrets behind Scorn, Strange Visitor, Ignition like the above poster said. Yeah, I know most of them got an 'ending,' more or less, but it seemed like there was more to them than met the eye. Even someone like Conduit who died in-story, I always think of as a 'main' Superman villain due to how massively overhyped he was and in merchandise of the 1990s. It gives a build-up to the character that seems like a vacuum once they're no longer used.

-Chris Kent? You can't tell me being sucked into the PZ without even a goodbye to Clark was the final word on him. As an aside I really would've liked if Zod was touched by Clark not wanting to lose him again that he goes into the zone willingly, in grudging appreciation for the job he did of 'raising' him. If you wanted us to think of him as just an irredeemable cartoonish 2d villain perhaps don't feature him every issue of the comic for three years.

BANNED

Kyber from the Camelot Falls.
    In the final pages, we saw him preparing for that battle we saw earlier in the vision th wizard known as Arion foretold that will result to the destruction of the human civilazition.
    We never saw him ever again ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    In the final pages, we saw him preparing for that battle we saw earlier in the vision th wizard known as Arion foretold that will result to the destruction of the human civilazition.
    Didn't he later have a cameo in Busiek's Trinity? But yeah, nothing was really done with him

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    In Superman #666, Busiek had a demon try and corrupt Superman, and reveal its 'in' was that Superman had taken a life, which neither he nor Lois knew anything about; it was never addressed again before his run ended.
    Wouldn't that have been the pocket universe Zod and minions he killed during Byrne's run?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I forget, didn't they wrap it up in Camelot Falls book 2? Or did Arion never appear again either?

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil1 View Post
    I forget, didn't they wrap it up in Camelot Falls book 2? Or did Arion never appear again either?
    It wrapped up in second book, but last page or two had a reveal that Khyber was actually real and alive. It did feel like there should have been a third book.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Ignition. There was clearly something BIG being built towards who he actually was, but in the end he was just another one-and-done villain.
    Not even much of a villain given he helped defeat Emperor Joker. But the key was... no one except Mxyzptlk knew who he was... NO ONE, not Joker, not Zod, NO ONE...

As for Strange Visitor... the only real mystery is who she is. I mean we have some background, but knowing she was a space goddess named Kismet really doesn't say a lot about her background.

Retired

If I could talk to Paul Kupperberg, I would ask him what his plans were for Lisa Davis. He clearly was headed toward some big plot twist for Clark Kent's love interest, but THE NEW ADVENTURES OF SUPERBOY ended abruptly before he had a chance to wrap up all the sub-plots in that book.

Incredible Member

By the end of New Krypton, there was a woman pregnant with Mon-El's child, right?

And there was also something like a "son" of Lex and Brainiac teased ifnI remember well.

BANNED

Regarding Simonson's Superman Special #1:

That issue was originally set to be an annual and had been completed about a year before it was finally released, IIRC. A year or so prior was when the Super Team began constructing the Death of Superman. Simonson's annual became a special and was essentially "dumped" the same week as Superman #75 because it wouldn't fit in with the post-Death plans.

In that wonderful era of the early 90s, I had no access to the Internet, no comic book news save what was found in Comics Scene and other periodicals. I read the Special right after reading the Death of Superman and immediately wondered if this connected. I reread the climax of the story a few times that first time to try and figure out just what happened: had the original Superman died when the Sand Superman essentially "became" him? Is that what the art truly depicted or was it a misdirect? If the Sand Superman absorbed all of Superman's power and knowledge (copied, essentially) then did the Sand Superman revert to his original state off-panel? Or was he, for all intents and purposes, a clone of Superman?

The death saga unfolded and I forgot all about the Special, until...DEAD AGAIN! A short-haired Superman corpse is found in Superman's coffin beneath the memorial and my first thought was, "It's the Sand Superman!" Of course, that ended up not being the case, but it was a fun time.

Simonson has recently said he had no idea about the death story when he wrote the Special and that no one, to his knowledge, intended the story to have any life beyond that one issue. That said, the issue is both written and drawn by Walt Simonson, making it more than worth tracking down if you've never read it.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The two issue LOIS LANE (cover dated August and September 1986) broke my heart. Given the events of COIE, I wasn't sure if this book was part of the new continuity or the old, because it introduced a few new wrinkles into the lives of the Metropolitans, yet seemed to preserve the established continuity.

Written by Mindy Newell and illustrated by the late great Gray Morrow, the second issue came out on June 26th, 1986--the same week as ACTION COMICS 583--and two weeks before MAN OF STEEL No.1

The story, "When It Rains, God Is Crying" gives a higher profile to Inspector Bill Henderson. Lois is on the outs with Clark and Superman, dating other guys. The sibling relationship is strained between Lois and Lucy (who now has brown hair)--but Lucy and Jimmy seem to be back on. Lana reveals to Lois that, when she was in Europe, she was married and had a child who was abducted by the Red Hand.

The plot concerns Lois investigating child abductions. It's a much more mature story than what was usually done. And Lois is going through a lot of psychological stress.

The series (which was supposed to be four regular issues but ended up as two double issues) is tantalizing and promises so much more to come. But that was all she wrote.
    Yeah, I think DC didn't have much faith on the mini-series.