Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is Earth 2 done?

???

I'm guessing with the return of the JSA, we don't need a younger version running around?

BANNED

As far as I know the universe of Earth 2 is not going anywhere

BANNED

I don't think it'll get used much, if at all. I think DC might finally learned its lesson about splitting its fan bases. But then again, I'm an optimist.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd be happy to see it be replaced for the JSA Earth 2 that others seem to want.

I'd just keep Power Girl and Huntress from the Earth 2 book and bring them over, again.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I hope they don't leave behind characters like Val Zod, he was a interesting a cool new character and I'd hate for them to leave him behind for nostalgia's sake.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I agree with you about Val Zod. I would also keep the Red Tornado (Lois Lane), Aquawoman (Queen Marella), Doctor Fate (Kahlid Ben-Hassin), and Terry Sloan from Earth 2.

IT is there if anyone wanted to pick it up again but I don't see it for a while at least.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Something likely happened to the current Earth 2, seeing as how Power Girl is stuck between universes for some reason.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I hope the Earth 2 Hawkgirl and Aquawoman make the transition to Prime Earth (or whatever it will be called post-Doomsday Clock.)

Loved them and their character designs.

Hopefully it is forgotten. I'd rather have characters like the old pre-Flashpoint Power Girl back than the New 52 one if given the option. The New 52 one was just a poor imitation. Characters like Val Zod you can just say there is a main Earth version of him and use that one if people want.

Earth-2 honestly ended well enough where I don't know what else they could do with it. That Earth and its characters' story feels complete to me.

Astonishing Member

But is there any indication that the JSA will be introduced into the Rebirth era?

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    But is there any indication that the JSA will be introduced into the Rebirth era?
    DC's giving the impression that the JSA is returning, but the questions of when and how remain unanswered.

It sure seems done. It was selling poorly at the time of cancellation. It just turned it to a complete and utter mess from the original idea. If an Earth 2 is ever seen again within the current structure, if the returned Power Girl still hails from said planet, for example, I would expect it to not have any connection to this version. But then again, who knows. I think they should make it the home of the classic JSA but they're clearly not doing that, they're back on the main Earth unfortunately.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-03-2018 at 10:52 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    DC's giving the impression that the JSA is returning, but the questions of when and how remain unanswered.
    Confirming when the JSA is returning would definitely win over readers. The classic flavour has been away since Flashpoint and the New 52 Earth 2 has been through a fair few shake ups (World's End, Convergence, Society and the Pandora's box incident).

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Confirming when the JSA is returning would definitely win over readers. The classic flavour has been away since Flashpoint and the New 52 Earth 2 has been through a fair few shake ups (World's End, Convergence, Society and the Pandora's box incident).
    Earth 2 went through so many editorial shifts and changes in direction until ending up back basically where Robinson's issue 1 started. The JSA franchise has drifted towards a focus on the younger characters many times (Super Squad, Infinity, Inc, Young All Stars, Earth 2) but each of those has been moved back to the traditional older JSA.

I liked the nu52 Earth 2 as it started and finished. I preferred the original JSA, but I liked this enough to buy and read it. I think a few transplants to the reboirthed JSA and the remaining Earth 2 characters make a good occasional crossover. Or whatever DC's planning for them.

This is becoming frustrating.