Default Will we ever see Pandora again?

Is she shelved or do you think she might have a role to play in doomsday clock?

I really hope they give her some type of role and somewhat explain why she was the one Manhattan used to "create" the new 52.

BANNED

she died dude

BANNED

however on second thought; even though Dr Manhattan disintegrated her she is the embodiment of the seven deadly sins and each of them are duking it out until the multiverse is obliterated

maybe she's still alive and Hope is what saves the day and puts things back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    however on second thought; even though Dr Manhattan disintegrated her she is the embodiment of the seven deadly sins and each of them are duking it out until the multiverse is obliterated

maybe she's still alive and Hope is what saves the day and puts things back to normal
    When and where did Manhattan disintegrate her?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    When and where did Manhattan disintegrate her?
    The rebirth special.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Come to think of it, that doesn't prove she's dead. She could be where Tim Drake and Mxyzptlk were?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-03-2018 at 02:23 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If D.C. ever creat a New 52-like world somewhere in its Multiverse, even with only one book in the store, I would very much like to see Pandora in it. her story remains shrouded in mysteries, and learning more about her and all that she saw and endured over the aeons could be great.

BANNED

Forced you come, forced you go. Since Johns created and killed her there is little chance of comeback. Throw in the fact that she symbolized the birth and end of the New 52, wasn't exactly popular and DC never having a clue what she was to begin with and it becomes clear that she's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    ...DC never having a clue what she was to begin ...
    This is the issue for me. Pandora was originally depicted as this outside-of-time character who had a hand in creating The New 52 because some future threat required "the heroes of three worlds." (Confession: I thought she was talking about DCU, WildStorm, and Milestone. Somebody had to point out to me that Milestone had already - albeit recently - folded into the DCU, and the third one was Vertigo. I think I didn't notice because I had generally considered a lot of Vertigo as being part of the dCU to begin with.)

But her subsequent appearances with the Question and the Phantom Stranger didn't seem to be connected to that in any way - not with regard to power set, goals, you name it.

And of course the WildStorm connection to the DCU never really took off, and there was almost nothing (apparently) left of it by the time Rebirth came around. (Midnighter and Apollo, and some stuff in Future's End, but the attempt to really make WildStorm a significant part of the DCU failed.)

So she doesn't make much sense and there's not much left of her original concept. I feel no great need to see the character again. But my guess is somebody will bring her in - in name and costume, at least - with a whole new backstory.

(Maybe they'll make her another dimensional counterpart of Donna Troy... No! That's a joke! Please don't! )
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 03-04-2018 at 02:39 AM.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

If I recall correctly at the time it was generally assumed that John's had created her with no idea where he was going with her, no endgame. I thought she was a great concept, I love how she appeared in every book, a throwback to the Monitor's appearances in every book back in the 80's.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    If I recall correctly at the time it was generally assumed that John's had created her with no idea where he was going with her, no endgame. I thought she was a great concept, I love how she appeared in every book, a throwback to the Monitor's appearances in every book back in the 80's.
    Yes, I'm resurrecting this.
    I recently got the Pandora Trades from nu52 that have her 14 issue series Trinity of Sin.
    I've just read the first 5 issue trade. I find her to be a character with lots of potential...spoiler alert, apparently she dies I just read up thread.

My knowledge on Phantom Stranger is about zip but I highly sense the backstory of The Question was being re-written to create this Trinity of Sin.

Pandora feels like the female version of the Eternal Warrior(VALIANT) in many regards.

I'm going to read the second volume over the next week.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I actually liked Pandora but had a bit of love/hate relationship since she was the face of Flashpoint saying that i would love to see her return Post-Rebirth.