Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default what are your 3 most anticipated "Fresh Start" books

as of right now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresh_start_(comics)

here is a list of the announced ones so far

Incredible Member

Avengers
    Thor
    Venom

Spectacular Member

Immortal Hulk by Al Ewing - I've never been really interested in Hulk but I LOVE EWING. His Ultimates and Ultimates^2 were amazing. Haven't finished Royals yet but digging that too. It's a shame so much of his USAvengers run was taken up by imo boring Secret Empire tie-ins because the non-tie-in issues were a blast. They all make me wanna go back and read his Mighty Avengers, Cap & Mighty Avengers and New Avengers runs. As for the book itself, the horror/night angle is interesting and I think Ewing said it'll remain standalone. I'm happy for Ewing to have a book that'll last past 12 issues.

Captain America by Ta-Nehisi Coates - I've mostly enjoyed his Black Panther run. But you can definitely tell that a lot of it he was still adjusting from being a novel writer. I like it nonetheless but I do agree with a lot of points the BP Appreciation Thread makes against the book, such as T'Challa feeling secondary, Wakanda made to feel more third-world in the beginning, etc. That said, I absolutely love Coates' non-comic work like Between the World and Me. Also really wish Black Panther & The Crew had a second arc. Because of that, I think he's perfect and will shine a lot more writing Captain America/a book set in the United States than Black Panther.

Exiles by Saladin Ahmed - Okay I know this is the tail end of Legacy and technically not Fresh Start but really hyped. Ahmed's Black Bolt solo is one of the strongest Big Two books out right now. And the lineup is fun! Nick Fury - The Unseen. Chibi Wolverine & Old Grizzled Kamala. MCU-ish Valkyrie. <3 Peggy Carter as Captain America. <3
    Last edited by nickytesla96; 03-03-2018 at 12:42 PM.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

So far just Avengers for me.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Niffleheim

I'm still waiting ...........

More like Rotten Tomatoes

THor
    Venom
    Maybe Avengers

Avengers
    Thor
    Hulk

As of now? I don't anticipate any of those very strongly. But Avengers and Amazing Spider-Man would be the books of those I'm most likely to read.

I'll repost when Iron Man and Deadpool are officially announced.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

All of them look really lame IMO, with the exception of Venom by Donny Cates. Though I wish Cates was writing Flash instead of Eddie.

I'll check out Captain America and Avengers I guess.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Amazing Spider-Man by Nick Spencer and Ryan Ottley: Because Spencer does well with struggling, but nonetheless fundamentally goodhearted protagonists (if he's writing heroes) who persevere despite the lack of credit or respect they get from the world and people around them and their own flaws and foibles.

Venom by Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman: Because I love Ryan Stegman's art on anything Spider-Man-related.

Captain America by Ta-Nehisi Coates and Leinil Francis Yu: Because I have a lot of respect for Coates's work and I'm looking forward to seeing his take on Captain America, in light of his previous writings.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Immortal Hulk and Amazing Spider-Man are the only books I am looking forward to so far out of the announced books.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

BANNED

Wow, that is a very white bunch of books at first sight.

Black Panther
    Captain Marvel
    Captain America

BANNED

Won't be bothering with any of these except for Quicksilver.

Avengers, Hulk, Cap. Black Panther has my interest, too.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.