Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

io9 made a comparison between the Black Cat story and a Batman story, because as it turns out that pivotal scene between Peter and Felicia is an homage to a scene between Bruce and Selina.

Turns Out Black Cat Is One Hell of a Troll
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Uh.. did the good guys win in the end?
    To be continued.

The whole time travel story is part of Zdarsky's larger arc.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    io9 made a comparison between the Black Cat story and a Batman story, because as it turns out that pivotal scene between Peter and Felicia is an homage to a scene between Bruce and Selina.

Turns Out Black Cat Is One Hell of a Troll
    It wouldn't be Felicia if she wasn't .

(Troll Black Cat is way better then Queenpin Black Cat).

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

We should totally have a Spider-Man/Batman Part II, this time with Felicia and Selina. Would love to see those two cross paths, claws out!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    To be continued.

The whole time travel story is part of Zdarsky's larger arc.
    Correct but I think that was a mistake in plotting; an anniversary issue should be either one big self-contained story or the payoff to a longer arc. This issue was essentially the middle chapter of a much-longer arc which is why I wonder if Marvel sprung the "Hey, let's renumber this relaunched title after only 6 issues to cash in a #300" idea to Zdarsky after he had his first year or so of stories plotted out.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Correct but I think that was a mistake in plotting; an anniversary issue should be either one big self-contained story or the payoff to a longer arc. This issue was essentially the middle chapter of a much-longer arc which is why I wonder if Marvel sprung the "Hey, let's renumber this relaunched title after only 6 issues to cash in a #300" idea to Zdarsky after he had his first year or so of stories plotted out.
    It definitely felt like this could have been 2 issues smashed together just for the sake of making it #300

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    As a slight side point, I think the smartest move is to use an anniversary issue to kick off a new story. You have new readers checking out a comic, and it gives a story more chance to breathe before the introduction of some kind of hook to get everyone excited in what's coming next.

With ASM 700, Slott kinda combined the two with the payoff to a longer arc that also doubled as a way to get people to check out what's coming next.

This issue didn't fit in the same category, since Spider-Man going back in time isn't as exciting, and there's more hype for ASM's "Go Down Swinging" which seems to be set after the events of this story (and the next few issues as well.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets