View Poll Results: Will You Miss Bendis?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 19.90%
  • No

141 73.82%
  • Couldn't Say - Haven't decided yet

12 6.28%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Default Will Marvel Fans Miss Bendis?

Will you miss Brian Michael Bendis' being at Marvel?

Yes and no. I think a break from Bendis is a good thing. But I hope down the line e he returns to marvel.
    Last edited by XPac; 03-03-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Yeah, I'll miss him. Has he put out some stinkers over the years? Yes, but the good far outweighs the bad for me.

That said, I haven't been this excited for Superman since I first got into the character.

Not even a little.

I did love his take on the recent Defenders and I'm sure there are a few other runs of his that I have enjoyed. However, the few good stories do not make up for the whole.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I like a lot of Bendis' work and I am glad that he wrote for Marvel but I think he was stuck in a rut and I think going to DC will be good for him.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I've read little of his work at Marvel, but what I have read has ranged from "just OK" to "damaging-to-the-MU bad." I wish he had left years ago.

I'll miss him, but I haven't read nearly enough of him to have a decent representation of his talent/value.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Absolutely not.

He can only write Street and Daredevil and mostly average to above average there.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-03-2018 at 04:39 PM.

No, I won’t. Why? Three words:

House. Of. M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Spectacular Member

No, and I'm not trying to say that in a mean way. You can definitely tell by a bunch of his recent work that he needed a change. Also don't think one writer should have control over so many characters. I think the switch to DC is awesome for him and can't help but be happy with his excitement. Dude has a whole new sandbox to play in and explore and that must feel so nice, especially since DC doesn't use all that much of it. I look forward to seeing what he contributes to DC (though I won't be pulling his Superman/Action Comics because I want my pull list down to 10 series by the beginning of the summer.)
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

It's fine to not be a fan of the man's work, but don't be rude. Since this thread is bound to inevitably take a dive into the gutter (and some of you have already jumped in head-first), I'm just going to post this here:

CBR Community Standards & Rules

TREAT COMIC BOOK PROFESSIONALS WITH RESPECT

The CBR Community is a safe space for creators or other industry professionals to stop by the site and interact with readers and fans. Whether they’re here in person or just a name on a page of a comic or article you’ve read, they’re all to be treated with respect. Having read or purchased a product someone has worked on does not mean you’re permitted to talk about them however you like. Insults, personal attacks and threats will not be tolerated. There are times when users lose sight of the line between the person and the work; criticism of the work is welcome, insults to the creator of the work are not. The same rules of civility apply and insulting behavior will not be tolerated.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

One of my favourite writers, so: Of course.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Nope.

10char

BANNED

Big, fantastical, and even wonderful ideas at times. But his execution often felt lacking, and his particular knack for conveniently averting continuity (willfully or ignorantly) was annoying.

Plus, y'know, the whole Scarlet Witch thing that he left for others to mop up.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

I'll miss his Jessica Jones and Miles Morales.