View Poll Results: Will You Miss Bendis?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 19.90%
  • No

141 73.82%
  • Couldn't Say - Haven't decided yet

12 6.28%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    I don't forgive any of them, but especially Bendis and Aaron.
    Bendis wrote the ending. He killed Xavier, he wanted to make Scott look crazy (like Wanda), even if he was right.
    And he continued to do this BS in Uncanny X-Men and ANXM.
    He said that Scott would have his redemption, but all we saw was more and more "everybody hates Cyclops"... and he destroyed Scemma.
    Aaron wrote that stupid Schism... and AvX.

My favorite Marvel character is Cyclops, my favorite character is Superman. So I'm a bit worried with Bendis getting pretty much total control over Superman.
    His Uncanny X-Men and All New X-Men actually started pretty strong to be honesty, he seemed to be picking up from where Gillen left in AvX Consequences, the characters he introduced were mostly cool and the "mutant revolution" was really promising, and actually his books were the only place where Cyclops and his group was allowed to present their point of view and actually defend themselves, while all the other X-Men and Avengers related titles treated them as villains and incapable of arguing on their on defense, so at least that I have to give him.
    But somewhere along the way Bendis apparently lost track of what he was doing or the interest on the comics. The characterization went kind of off, the plots went nowhere and them we have The Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier, that arc was just awful. And to complete, the mutant revolution didn't happen. Now, some of those problems I think wasn't completely his fault, since I find the fact that Uncanny X-Men 600 was hold back during Secret Wars and only came out when it was clearly irrelevant to the MU show a certain editorial hand.

So if Marvel will miss him? I don't think so, the same way I don't think DC would miss Scott Snyder. But I gotta say, that for the disappointments I had with him lately, Bendis Defenders was really good, remind me of his Daredevil run, so I'm more optimistic with him on Superman. Marvel will be fine without him, the writer who seems to be guiding the ship is Aaron and Hickman is coming back.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 03-11-2018 at 01:46 PM.

cant say that I read enough of his work to be sure. Iron man was kinda boring ever since secret wars, miles story is somewhat getting better for me. Civil War 2 has some nice moments but overall wasnt good, Spider-Men 2 wasnt intresting at all and the ending made me go wtf. I enjoyed Defenders though.

Given the majority reaction I've read online, I would suspect not.

Although I was a fan of his work it would appear I am clearly in the minority.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    My favorite Marvel character is Cyclops, my favorite character is Superman. So I'm a bit worried with Bendis getting pretty much total control over Superman.
    His Uncanny X-Men and All New X-Men actually started pretty strong to be honesty, he seemed to be picking up from where Gillen left in AvX Consequences, the characters he introduced were mostly cool and the "mutant revolution" was really promising, and actually his books were the only place where Cyclops and his group was allowed to present their point of view and actually defend themselves, while all the other X-Men and Avengers related titles treated them as villains and incapable of arguing on their on defense, so at least that I have to give him.
    But somewhere along the way Bendis apparently lost track of what he was doing or the interest on the comics. The characterization went kind of off, the plots went nowhere and them we have The Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier, that arc was just awful. And to complete, the mutant revolution didn't happen. Now, some of those problems I think wasn't completely his fault, since I find the fact that Uncanny X-Men 600 was hold back during Secret Wars and only came out when it was clearly irrelevant to the MU show a certain editorial hand.

So if Marvel will miss him? I don't think so, the same way I don't think DC would miss Scott Snyder. But I gotta say, that for the disappointments I had with him lately, Bendis Defenders was really good, remind me of his Daredevil run, so I'm more optimistic with him on Superman. Marvel will be fine without him, the writer who seems to be guiding the ship is Aaron and Hickman is coming back.
    Yes, I agree with this. But I have to say: since AvX Cyclops was absolutely thrown under the bus. No other characters have been so butchered. Maybe just Hal Jordan.

And everything that's happened... sigh... it's partly because of Bendis and Aaron, also Lemire, Soule and Hopeless, but mostly Marvel, Axel Alonso, Bendis, Aaron and the X-office.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    No.
    Him leaving Marvel was the best comics news for me in the recent past.

Edit: I see a lot of people talking about continuity, the problem is not changing things. The problem is doing this while doing the modicum of work required to make it work and make sense, respecting what came before. Instead Bendis approach was "I want to write this thing, I don't care about what other writers did before me, I'll do it anyway and won't bother to explain how and why... let's say it was magic or something". Basically he always was completely disrespectful to Marvel's continuity, character's characterizations and previous authors and storylines. Again, the problem was not he changed things. Every other author before him did in some way. The problem was he never explained why characters acted the opposite as they did before, why things that were explained a way suddenly changed and why powersets were stronger or weaker as he needed to get "his story" going.

I see Marvel's history as an organic project with each author building on what was before and adding his take, making the picture richer. Bendis on the other hand acted like a child who used the Marvel Universe as "his toy" and did whatever he pleased not caring if he broke it in a few places in the process.
    Well said as that would also summon my feelings on the Bendis leaving subject too.

I mean he did do good things with Ultimate Spider-Man and Miles, but post Secret Invasion it all felt downhill and disrespectful from there.