Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Not very fond of the photos coming from shooting.

Especially annoying since this is one of the easier costumes to do right
    Other than I swear to god that looks like a hood on his cape, it looks about like what I would expect from a comedic superhero satire.

Plus, they got a lot right. They put the muscles on the inside instead of the outside. They avoided the textured honeycomb material for the costume. The chest emblem looks like an iron on, but he's the big red cheese and he looks the part.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 03-08-2018 at 05:24 PM.

no it has the textured outside, the pic isn't high quality enough to pick it up

Biggest issue is the lightning bolt is WAY too small, the fact that it's on a solid red jumpsuit compounds it and makes it look even smaller, also would prefer the sash belt which again breaks up the red jumper with more color, and finally if you're going with the hooded cloak instead of the shoulder cloak look it needs to be larger

why you just don't go with the Kingdom Come costume is just baffling to me, it's by far the best it's ever looked imo
    Last edited by Hiromi; 03-08-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Not very fond of the photos coming from shooting

Especially annoying since this is one of the easier costumes to do right

I'll see your unimpressive Shazam and raise you an unimpressive Captain Marvel:

Neither of these movies look that great at this point. But let's see what happens with actual footage with the fx and music and dialogue in place.

When are the 1st teaser trailers for each scheduled?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I'll see your unimpressive Shazam and raise you an unimpressive Captain Marvel:

Neither of these movies look that great at this point. But let's see what happens with actual footage with the fx and music and dialogue in place.

Apparently that's not really her costume so much as a Kree military uniform and it's not supposed to be the end result according to Marvel

and to be quite honest so long as she doesn't get the dumb hair cut she's had for years now in the comic I'm good

BANNED

I agree that both early indications for each leave a little to be desired, but I don't think the costume for Marvels Captain Marvel is bad at all.

It will be interesting to see what happens with each of these movies. Capt. Marvel has never taken itself seriously, so why should we expect the movie to? On the other hand, Captain Marvel has almost always been on the other extreme of taking itself seriously, but this movie also seems primed to laugh at itself. Which comedic take will be more successful, the appropriate one or the inappropriate one?

Ironically, my money is on the inappropriate one.

Who are the Big Bads for each movie?

I heard Dwayne Johnson is still going to be Black Adam, but I've also heard he won't even be in the SHAZAM! movie. So I guess they would be going with Sivana, then? Kinda big drop in antagonist quality for Billy, IMHO.

NO idea at all for who Carol is fighting against. It wouldn't surprise me if they just recycle one of the other MCU
    "Villians", like maybe from the GOTG movies. Or we could finally get a decent heroine vs villainess showdown that we never got in WONDER WOMAN. Probably too much to ask.

Shazams photos are unflattering. I assume they might have some electricity cgi to break up the solid red. Also on film the t
    exture will show. But at that bad angle he's looks chubby has a noticeable bulge and the thunderbolt looks clued on. The 2nd photo it looks better just small
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 03-08-2018 at 09:21 PM.

I think it would be cool if the Brood were the enemy in Captain Marvel. Maybe get the whole Binary thing happening in her upcoming movies.

Who are the Big Bads for each movie?

I heard Dwayne Johnson is still going to be Black Adam, but I've also heard he won't even be in the SHAZAM! movie. So I guess they would be going with Sivana, then? Kinda big drop in antagonist quality for Billy, IMHO.

NO idea at all for who Carol is fighting against. It wouldn't surprise me if they just recycle one of the other MCU
    "Villians", like maybe from the GOTG movies. Or we could finally get a decent heroine vs villainess showdown that we never got in WONDER WOMAN. Probably too much to ask.
    Well she's fighting Skrull so any Skrull except Super Skrull is fair game I assume

Alright, let's break it down, tale of the tape style, by comparing various attributes of each film as we know them right now.

Brand: MCU vs DCEU.

Uh, this is currently a massive curbstomp in CAPTAIN MARVEL'S favor. MCU can do nothing wrong (except for INCREDIBLE HULK) and DCEU can do nothing right (except for WONDER WOMAN).

Lead Actor: Brie Larson vs. Zachary Levi.

Director: Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck (co-directors for CAPTAIN MARVEL) vs. David F. Sandberg (SHAZAM! director).

Anyone have strong opinions on these lead actors or directors?

The Skrulls are in Captain Marvel but also Gemma Chan is playing Dr. Minerva a Kree Geneticist.

Also I really liked Incredible Hulk.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 03-10-2018 at 10:52 PM.

If DC lets their directors flesh out their characters like they did with Patty Jenkins I think both Aquaman and Shazam (two unique characters) can be successful. No, not Black Panther successful but moderate successes that can at least put DC back on track.

I have no idea how any of these films will do. Promotional work makes a big difference, as does company branding at this point (MCU definitely dominating over DC).

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Other than I swear to god that looks like a hood on his cape, it looks about like what I would expect from a comedic superhero satire.

Plus, they got a lot right. They put the muscles on the inside instead of the outside. They avoided the textured honeycomb material for the costume. The chest emblem looks like an iron on, but he's the big red cheese and he looks the part.
    I'm pretty sure he wears a hood in the nu52.

Alright, let's break it down, tale of the tape style, by comparing various attributes of each film as we know them right now.

Brand: MCU vs DCEU.

Uh, this is currently a massive curbstomp in CAPTAIN MARVEL'S favor. MCU can do nothing wrong (except for INCREDIBLE HULK) and DCEU can do nothing right (except for WONDER WOMAN).

Lead Actor: Brie Larson vs. Zachary Levi.

Director: Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck (co-directors for CAPTAIN MARVEL) vs. David F. Sandberg (SHAZAM! director).

Anyone have strong opinions on these lead actors or directors?
    Lead Actor: I don't really know how good Zachary Levi is. But i have heard mostly positive things. But Brie Larson is awesome. An academy award indicates her talent has been recognized. She was great in 'Room'. And the other film where i watched her is '21 Jump Street'. That was before her oscar success and she was really good in her relatively short role. Good enough to make me take notice of her in a film, which was otherwise being ruled by the lead duo and was insanely entertaining. I had loved her role there.

But its not enough to be a great actor. You have to be used well by the director. That is how sometimes great actors give bad performances. Personally, i think both roles can be delightful to watch. But i would choose Brie Larson for now as i have seen her and loved her already. As good Levi might be i haven't seen him so far to form any opinion. And one of them is an academy award winner. But i am no fortune teller.

Director: Can't say. Both have good/well received films in their resume. Haven't watched any. If i would choose blindly i will go with the Marvel duo. Marvel has a knack of finding directors who were relatively unknown and make it work. And WB often brings talented directors and often interferes with their work or vision. This is not likely to happen now. But who can say for sure.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-11-2018 at 10:36 AM.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I actually don't like Brie Larson as Captain Marvel, i just don't. And i'm iffy about Levi as well, but he's hotter than Larson so there's that lol. It's too early to make a judgement either way. I love the director for Shazam! though. So i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.