Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    While the MCU is pinning all their hopes on Captain Marvel as the future of the MCU. The new face of the MCU now that Iron Man and Captain America are being phased out.
    What has Disney/Marvel said or done to indicate this?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    While the MCU is pinning all their hopes on Captain Marvel as the future of the MCU.
    Black Panther is the focal point of the MCU. Only hero solo to make 700M. Damn crazy.

After him the MCU can concentrate on the X-Men and FF.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Black Panther is the focal point of the MCU. Only hero solo to make 700M. Damn crazy.

After him the MCU can concentrate on the X-Men and FF.
    Captain Marvel is the new face of Thor - a hero too powerful to mess with the petty villains of earth.

BANNED

Ok, that was a good trailer for SHAZAM! during the football game. I enjoyed that a lot.

What do you think a Shazam! movie by Zack Snyder would be like?

Based on trailers alone Shazam! is winning. By a wide margin. I am not speaking about BO. Captain Marvel is the best bet. But trailers of Shazam are way more fun then hers. The film looks so much interesting. I just loved that smooth asking for beer. The kid is trying to be a 'smooth' adult. Its hilarious. They tried to buy a lair. Lol. That shot of Billy jumping from building and shouting Shazam is so cool. Who needs long trailers? This teaser might be better then the first trailer. And that was great too.

I thought Dr. Sivana was simply a scientist. But it looks like he has superpowers. Does he have that in recent comics?
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-26-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

That shot of Billy running and jumping off of the roof shouting Shazam could have been a teaser all on its own it was that cool.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post

I thought Dr. Sivana was simply a scientist. But it looks like he has superpowers. Does he have that in recent comics?
    In the recent comics he did look big and bulky like Mark Strong and got juiced up by magic when he discovered Black Adams tomb . The Magic in him starting eating away at him though and by the end of the origin story he looked more like the scrawny withered old man classic version.

Retired

I much pefer Sivana as the big-toothed, short-statured oddball that looks like Charles Clarence Beck's pharmacist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammasu View Post
    What do you think a Shazam! movie by Zack Snyder would be like?
    Somber and depressing, with some pretentious parallels to a character from the Bible.

But as to what movie I’m looking forward to the most, both of them look solid. Though admittedly the I enjoyed the trailers to Shazam a lot more.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I just watched the newest SHAZAM! trailer.

I think it'll probably do just fine in terms of actual storytelling, acting, and F/X. Financially? Depends on timing.

SHAZAM! opens smack dab in the middle of two MCU flicks: CAPTAIN MARVEL and AVENGERS ENDGAME. It's only going to have a couple weeks to shine before it gets clobbered by THANOS PART DEUX.

Part of the issue here is that CAPTAIN MARVEL functions in part as a setup movie for ENDGAME, where SHAZAM! is untied to anything else. Stakes are much higher for CAPTAIN MARVEL than for SHAZAM!

But the MCU branding is so much more valuable than the DCEU/Worlds of DC branding (20 solidly consistent movies vs 6 movies of wildly varying quality).

Retired

SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE didn't even have a full week to be in the number 1 spot before MARY POPPINS RETURNS took that away and then AQUAMAN. Yet it's managed to be in the top five every week since its release. I don't think SHAZAM! will be that lucky, but being behind the fastest horse in the race isn't such a bad place to be. The success of ENDGAME doesn't have to hurt SHAZAM! Other comic book movies doing well doesn't hurt the rest of the comic book movies. The better they all do, the more the people will go to see them.

However, ENDGAME will probably hurt CAPTAIN MARVEL, simply because the theatres that were showing CM will stop showing her movie and start showing the other movie she's in, ENDGAME. Especially all the IMAX and 3D theatres--where the ticket prices are higher, so they make more for the movie at the box office. It's the same studio and distributor and I'm sure Disney will want to have ENDGAME showing in as many theatres as possible, even if they have to throw Carol Danvers under the bus to do so.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Everyone better start saving some money for April.
    Gonna be expensive on our wallets.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    What has Disney/Marvel said or done to indicate this?
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...mpression=true
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    I just watched the newest SHAZAM! trailer.

I think it'll probably do just fine in terms of actual storytelling, acting, and F/X. Financially? Depends on timing.

SHAZAM! opens smack dab in the middle of two MCU flicks: CAPTAIN MARVEL and AVENGERS ENDGAME. It's only going to have a couple weeks to shine before it gets clobbered by THANOS PART DEUX.

Part of the issue here is that CAPTAIN MARVEL functions in part as a setup movie for ENDGAME, where SHAZAM! is untied to anything else. Stakes are much higher for CAPTAIN MARVEL than for SHAZAM!

But the MCU branding is so much more valuable than the DCEU/Worlds of DC branding (20 solidly consistent movies vs 6 movies of wildly varying quality).
    The MCU is anything but consistent, unless you're talking strictly box office.