Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Yep, Zachary Levi looks really handsome as the World's Mightiest Mortal. Zachary Levi is the perfect choice for the role, in my opinion. I have been a fan of Zachary Levi ever since I first watched the TV series Chuck.
    I wonder if this role in the movie Shazam is a dream come true for Zachary Levi. He does seem to be a fan of both DC comics and Marvel Comics, since he accepted roles in both the DCEU and the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Melwicker View Post
    Yep, Zachary Levi looks really handsome as the World's Mightiest Mortal. Zachary Levi is the perfect choice for the role, in my opinion. I have been a fan of Zachary Levi ever since I first watched the TV series Chuck.
    I wonder if this role in the movie Shazam is a dream come true for Zachary Levi. He does seem to be a fan of both DC comics and Marvel Comics, since he accepted roles in both the DCEU and the MCU.
    You like saying his name huh? Lol seriously though I'm excited for.this movie just worried about if he can carry the movie. Just depends how its some we may spend way more time with Billy who knows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    You like saying his name huh? Lol seriously though I'm excited for.this movie just worried about if he can carry the movie. Just depends how its some we may spend way more time with Billy who knows.
    I wonder how much it'll be up to Asher Angel to carry the movie, how much of the movie will be about Billy Batson instead of the Captain...

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I wonder how much it'll be up to Asher Angel to carry the movie, how much of the movie will be about Billy Batson instead of the Captain...
    Yea me to the end of my last post turned into gibberish but thats what I was trying to say. Billy could be the focus with Shazam just coming out for Action set pieces. Who knows.... who's the bad guy since The rock was shelved till Suicide Squad 2

Yea me to the end of my last post turned into gibberish but thats what I was trying to say. Billy could be the focus with Shazam just coming out for Action set pieces. Who knows.... who's the bad guy since The rock was shelved till Suicide Squad 2
    Dr. Sivana played by Mark Strong.

No buildup whatsoever for either character. The symbol on the pager in Infinity War doesn't count! And neither character really has a definitive, iconic, well-loved story to call their own.

My gut feeling is that if they really are movies about their respective characters then Shazam will do better because of the kid becomes a hero thing and Captain Marvel is derivative. But knowing Disney and their normal level of risk aversion - the Captain Marvel film will star a buttload of other Marvel characters and will essentially be Avengers 3.5
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Dr. Sivana played by Mark Strong.
    Ok thanks that actually sounds good. depending how they play it
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    No buildup whatsoever for either character. The symbol on the pager in Infinity War doesn't count! And neither character really has a definitive, iconic, well-loved story to call their own.

My gut feeling is that if they really are movies about their respective characters then Shazam will do better because of the kid becomes a hero thing and Captain Marvel is derivative. But knowing Disney and their normal level of risk aversion - the Captain Marvel film will star a buttload of other Marvel characters and will essentially be Avengers 3.5
    We got plenty of time. The marketing for either movie hasn't started yet. Captain marvel will be everywhere come End of the year/Juanuary ish I bet.
    Coulson/Fury are in it... maybe Maria Hill i dont remember but it's set in the 90s no actual Avengers can appear maybe a super young Widow or Hawyekey but that hasn't been rumored at all. Tigra and Monica are rumored to be in it and Jude law is apparently mar-vell so alot of new chara cters
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 06-27-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    My first super - early predictions:

CAPTAIN MARVEL has higher expectations , esp since there is no BLACK WIDOW movie yet. It has to make a statement of some kind, i.e "move the needle", to be a hit.

SHAZAM! merely has to "not suck" to be a smashing success (thanks BVS and JL).

I think SHAZAM! will do slightly better domestically, while CAPTAIN MARVEL does better globally.
    I do not think it has to "move the needle" in order to be a hit. I really don't think there is much outside expectation on the character. Outside of comic people, no one knows who she is. There's really no reason to think it would be another Black Panther movie. I think the benchmark is going to be if it beats Dr. Strange. I have no idea if it will, I've only seen Brie in Room which really doesn't give any insight into if she'll work in the role or not.

SHAZAM has to do more than not suck. At least if it wants to get a sequel. To me this has Green Lantern written all over it (which for the record, I don't think it's as bad as many treat it, but in any case wasn't good enough)

I cannot imagine SHAZAM beating Captain Marvel domestically. Personally, I don't see why this is anything other than a waste of time on DCs part. This feels like some Arnold Schwartzenager family comedy, but without Arnold. Ancillary superhero movies are where the fatigue sets in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Melwicker View Post
    Jesus, you're like the hyenas from The Lion King.

I still can't believe that Shazam got a movie before The Flash, but I could see it appealing to the kiddies depending on how much Billy Batson is in it. I also wonder if they will introduce the Marvel family.

I imagine we'll probably get a decent balance between Billy and his adult form.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I still can't believe that Shazam got a movie before The Flash, but I could see it appealing to the kiddies depending on how much Billy Batson is in it. I also wonder if they will introduce the Marvel family.
    It probably helps that this film has had a more stable production then The Flash movie has had (how many directors have bowed out by this point?).

We'll be seeing the New 52 Marvel Family in this movie. So Mary and Freddy, as per usual, but a few other kids as well.

Well, hey now:

What do y'all think of this?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Well, hey now:

What do y'all think of this?
    I'm optimistic. Way more excited for Aquaman but I think this could be good.

Only thing I'm not a fan of thus far is the yellow on gold. Always been a color combo no-no to me. Either a straight gold metalic bolt, or have the yellow be white light with some blue hues. That would have been great.

Costume issues aside it looks surprisingly good in the trailer

Retired

I like the teaser trailer for what it is (remember they probably haven't completed a lot of the effects heavy scenes in post), the music track could have been better. But it has a lot of the same beats as the early GREEN LANTERN trailer, which I also liked, and we all know how that turned out.