Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Excellent trailer, I think. Gets you pumped, no clue what the movie is really about.
    Interesting. I felt the opposite way. I thought it was a functional trailer that told me about the character and movie, but didn't get me pumped because of the narration and music. I assume they'll do something more epic later as this simply felt like an intro.

Skrulls looked good, at least in silhouette. Hoping the old lady she punched was one of them, lol
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Skrulls looked good, at least in silhouette. Hoping the old lady she punched was one of them, lol
    If people who don't know anything about Captain Marvel or Skrulls ask why, just say "she wouldn't give up her seat".

I'd have gone with "No ticket!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    If people who don't know anything about Captain Marvel or Skrulls ask why, just say "she wouldn't give up her seat".
    It was such a random thing to include in a teaser trailer, lol. Heroic poses, heroic flying, Nick Fury, point ear dude in darkness, punching old lady - one of these things is not like the other!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    It was such a random thing to include in a teaser trailer, lol. Heroic poses, heroic flying, Nick Fury, point ear dude in darkness, punching old lady - one of these things is not like the other!
    Yeah I know its a teaser but if they're going to include that particular scene, the should have included the immediate follow up which is, I'm guessing, Skrull turning back into a Skrull cause he/she is in pain from Carol's punch. Now, I expect memes to be made out of it.

"Grandma did you bring cookies?"
    "No sweetie I didn't have time--"
    *PUNCH!*

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Yeah I know its a teaser but if they're going to include that particular scene, the should have included the immediate follow up which is, I'm guessing, Skrull turning back into a Skrull cause he/she is in pain from Carol's punch. Now, I expect memes to be made out of it.

"Grandma did you bring cookies?"
    "No sweetie I didn't have time--"
    *PUNCH!*
    Nah, Marvel should milk the memes before ruining it with context.

BANNED

Yeah I know its a teaser but if they're going to include that particular scene, the should have included the immediate follow up which is, I'm guessing, Skrull turning back into a Skrull cause he/she is in pain from Carol's punch...
    I'm kinda rooting they have a bit of a fight first, Carol versus a remarkable agile and superstrong little old lady.

Just comparing the Shazam and Captain Marvel teaser trailers, Shazam wins hands down. Of course that doesn't mean a whole lot. DC/Warner has put out some amazing trailers to some pretty awful films (I'm looking at you, Suicide Squad).

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    Just comparing the Shazam and Captain Marvel teaser trailers, Shazam wins hands down. Of course that doesn't mean a whole lot. DC/Warner has put out some amazing trailers to some pretty awful films (I'm looking at you, Suicide Squad).
    Shazams felt more like a real trailer. This felt like a teaser. That said I like how she looked in action and was worried about her tiny frame but it seeing her punch and elderly women sold me. Lol in all seriousness the tiny action we did see her size wasnt an issue like i was worried it be.

Everyone was concerned Captain Marvel was going to be a joke-a-minute and the trailer is super GrimDark #broody that the grandma punching is out in left field.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcco View Post
    I liked Shazam's, but it was intensely paint by numbers. As a trailer and seemingly like a movie as well. Hm, maybe the same can be said a Marvel trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Shazams felt more like a real trailer. This felt like a teaser. That said I like how she looked in action and was worried about her tiny frame but it seeing her punch and elderly women sold me. Lol in all seriousness the tiny action we did see her size wasnt an issue like i was worried it be.
    Same, I felt some weight lift off my shoulders little by little when I saw my concerns to be proven false. They're not out of the woods yet, I wanna see more cqc footage...other than hitting an old lady. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Everyone was concerned Captain Marvel was going to be a joke-a-minute and the trailer is super GrimDark #broody that the grandma punching is out in left field.
    I forgot about those articles mentioning the tone and humor aspect. But if DC has taught me anything it's that trailer houses can manipulate the hell out of you. Suicide Squad had a somber, beauty in tragedy type of trailer for comiccon and hit us with the Queen there on after.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    I forgot about those articles mentioning the tone and humor aspect. But if DC has taught me anything it's that trailer houses can manipulate the hell out of you. Suicide Squad had a somber, beauty in tragedy type of trailer for comiccon and hit us with the Queen there on after.
    WB loved that Suicide Squad trailer so much they had that trailer house re-edit the actual movie. And then they wonder why people don't take their DCEU seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    WB loved that Suicide Squad trailer so much they had that trailer house re-edit the actual movie. And then they wonder why people don't take their DCEU seriously.
    So I've heard...lol I shake my head when I ponder their resume for too long.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I'm guessing neither will do as well at the box office as Mary Poppins, myself.