Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

So this is the long-awaited teaser trailer for CAPTAIN MARVEL:

Gotta say, for a TEASER trailer, this is really good. Still not sure what's all happening, but it definitely whets my appetite to learn more.

Loved the shot of her punching the little old lady. Such a WTF moment in the teaser that will make perfect sense in the film itself.

Oh, and here's the official teaser poster:

Man, I'm kinda hyped for this flick. Hope it is good and does well.

Going back to the original premise of this thread ...

I still think CAPTAIN MARVEL will be elevated more by its association with the wildly successful MCU brand than by its actual storytelling (which could still be great on its own, we don't know yet).

I still think that, rightly or wrongly, SHAZAM! will have work against the lingering stink of the DCEU brand. Only good storytelling will save it.

Shouldn't it be Farther? Seems like physical distance is more at play than figurative distance.

Well, the trailer really isn't anything special. Neither is the cinematography. There's no oomph. The shot of them flying through space didn't set my pants on fire, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Shouldn't it be Farther? Seems like physical distance is more at play than figurative distance.

Well, the trailer really isn't anything special. Neither is the cinematography. There's no oomph. The shot of them flying through space didn't set my pants on fire, either.
    Ehh, kinda. I'll wait for an actual slow cook trailer (and better yet, the movie) to make a better judgement on that, but I get it.

But breh...tumblr_pf9esejpMv1sq03lro6_540.jpg

You know that was perdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Ehh, kinda. I'll wait for an actual slow cook trailer (and better yet, the movie) to make a better judgement on that, but I get it.

But breh...tumblr_pf9esejpMv1sq03lro6_540.jpg

You know that was perdy.
    I concur. Nice shot.

CAPTAIN MARVEL full trailer #2 is out:

Thoughts?

Mighty Member

Better than the first one but below average for the MCU, not really excited.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    CAPTAIN MARVEL full trailer #2 is out:

Thoughts?
    Kind of dull.

Expected more from a full trailer. There’s literally nothing in the trailer to get me hyped for the movie. No money shots, no cool fight scenes, the cinematography looks kind of ordinary...all in all, the CG super saiyan thing isn’t really doing it for me either. I’m a bit disappointed.
    Last edited by Username taken; 12-03-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Going back to the original premise of this thread ...

I still think CAPTAIN MARVEL will be elevated more by its association with the wildly successful MCU brand than by its actual storytelling (which could still be great on its own, we don't know yet).

I still think that, rightly or wrongly, SHAZAM! will have work against the lingering stink of the DCEU brand. Only good storytelling will save it.
    If the situations were reversed and Captain Marvel were a DCEU film and SHAZAM were an MCU film, CM would get a 19% RT score and bomb at the box office while SHAZAM would be a huge hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I’m a bit disappointed.
    That's where I have always been with Captain Marvel as a character. The most interesting thing ever done with her was when her powers went off on their own and possessed Rogue.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Can't wait for Captain MARVEL! Way better than rubbish little kid who turns into a rubbish ripoff of the already rubbish Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    That's where I have always been with Captain Marvel as a character. The most interesting thing ever done with her was when her powers went off on their own and possessed Rogue.
    I like her in a team dynamic with the Avengers but by herself I've I've always found her boring. These trailers make me want to see it but nowhere near as hyped as other marvel movies trailers have. Aquamans trailers look 10x more interesting but I'm not gonna sleep on this movie. They might have just cut boring trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    Can't wait for Captain MARVEL! Way better than rubbish little kid who turns into a rubbish ripoff of the already rubbish Superman!
    The real Captain Marvel movie seems more fun though. He even smiles in the trailers.

BANNED

Superman II is better than a good 50% of boring MCU films.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The real Captain Marvel movie seems more fun though. He even smiles in the trailers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Superman II is better than a good 50% of boring MCU films.
    *sigh* Can we please not?