Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

If I had a choice on how Mar-Vell was to be played, I'd look to Samurai Champloo's Jin, a stoic ronin who absolutely lethal.

However it's likely that the movie will do its own thing - the script might well call for Mar-Vell to have become a pacifist, for example. They might even have him in Carol's head the way he was in Rick Jones'. They often make pretty radical changes to characters for inclusion in the movie-verse.

I'm just happy they're featuring Mar-Vell at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just happy they're featuring Mar-Vell at all...
    Same here,I thought he would be thrown to the side

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I have mixed feelings about Mar-vell. Why even have him if he's just gonna die? I'm betting he'll be fridged for Carol to get fighting mad.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Are we positive Jude Law is playing Mar-Vell? He could just be playing a love interest.

In any case, IF he's Mar-Vell, I can see it. Never knew his masculinity was ever in question until this thread. I remember he was a favorite to play Zod when talks about a Superman Returns sequel was still viable. And it made sense: if Brandon Routh was basically playing Christopher Reeve playing Superman, Law would have been basically playing Terrance Stamp playing Zod. And he does look like a young Terrance Stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Are we positive Jude Law is playing Mar-Vell? He could just be playing a love interest.

In any case, IF he's Mar-Vell, I can see it. Never knew his masculinity was ever in question until this thread. I remember he was a favorite to play Zod when talks about a Superman Returns sequel was still viable. And it made sense: if Brandon Routh was basically playing Christopher Reeve playing Superman, Law would have been basically playing Terrance Stamp playing Zod. And he does look like a young Terrance Stamp.
    Articles have used the name Mar-Vell for his character but i don't know they're source so I can't say 100% but it seems highly likely. It's also a done Deal that Coulson/Fury/Ronan/Korath are all back

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Articles have used the name Mar-Vell for his character but i don't know they're source so I can't say 100% but it seems highly likely. It's also a done Deal that Coulson/Fury/Ronan/Korath are all back
    Yeah I already knew about Coulson et al (talked about it in the Minorities in Comics and Related Media Thread) its just for some reason no article will just flat out say Law is palying Mar-Vell. Its a foregone conclusion sure but so far nothing saying a definitive "yes he's playing Mar-Vell". Same with Lashana Lynch as Monica.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Yeah I already knew about Coulson et al (talked about it in the Minorities in Comics and Related Media Thread) its just for some reason no article will just flat out say Law is palying Mar-Vell. Its a foregone conclusion sure but so far nothing saying a definitive "yes he's playing Mar-Vell". Same with Lashana Lynch as Monica.
    A quick Google search finds a bunch of articles saying he's playing Dr. Lawson but they site an updated variety article that confirms thay. The problem is i can find that article but theres no update listing him as Dr. Lawson. So iono like I said I can't say for sure but I feel that it's likely

So, Henry Cavill's Superman may appear in Zachary Levi's SHAZAM! movie, probably in a flashback cameo?

Not sure, but the internet seems to be pointing things may be going in that direction.

The actors have having fun with their instagram accounts at any rate

How does Superman showing up in Shazam's movie strike you? Good move or bad move?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    How does Superman showing up in Shazam's movie strike you? Good move or bad move?
    Anything that connects new DCEU movies to old ones is a terrible move. Cavill's Superman needs to be somebody's bad dream, and not part of future continuity.

Considering I now like 0/245 MCU films and I like 4/5 DCEU, I'm going to go with Shazam.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Anything that connects new DCEU movies to old ones is a terrible move. Cavill's Superman needs to be somebody's bad dream, and not part of future continuity.
    What about connecting good DC movies with other good DC movies?

No one at DC said E. It was invented by the press and frankly I never understood the point of the E. What does it even mean? I know it’s just easy to use it as a quick plug in for whatever is current. But you could come up with something better.

And if you look at all DC movies, then there’s a lot of good. So DC has every right to build on that success.

Marvel has sort of been allowed to do that. Because some movies like the Hulk movies exist in this grey area. And while the Fox and Sony pics might not fully exist in the same shared universe—any successes they have count in the win column for Marvel.

Being from New Line, SHAZAM! can be its own franchise, while still invoking the good stuff from decades of comic book movies.

This is what the DC TV shows do. They might not all exist in the same universe, but they make reference to other properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    What about connecting good DC movies with other good DC movies?

No one at DC said E. It was invented by the press and frankly I never understood the point of the E. What does it even mean? I know it’s just easy to use it as a quick plug in for whatever is current. But you could come up with something better.

And if you look at all DC movies, then there’s a lot of good. So DC has every right to build on that success.

Marvel has sort of been allowed to do that. Because some movies like the Hulk movies exist in this grey area. And while the Fox and Sony pics might not fully exist in the same shared universe—any successes they have count in the win column for Marvel.

Being from New Line, SHAZAM! can be its own franchise, while still invoking the good stuff from decades of comic book movies.

This is what the DC TV shows do. They might not all exist in the same universe, but they make reference to other properties.
    I've said the same thing going forward the DCEU doesn't need a reboot. Just keep what works and ignore what doesn't. Fox has done that with the Xmen movies for years and no one outside us fan boys really notice. Like I don't think anyone would care if there was a MoS 2 and Lex Luther was played by someone else and they ignored BvS all together. As long as people like the movie they are given they won't be upset about the lapse in Continuity

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I for one would love to see what Cavill can do for Superman when he's in a movie with a director who understands the genre and the concept of heroism.

I have no idea if David Sandberg is such a director though, I am not really familiar with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I for one would love to see what Cavill can do for Superman when he's in a movie with a director who understands the genre and the concept of heroism.

I have no idea if David Sandberg is such a director though, I am not really familiar with him.
    As long as Canvill is more like Justice League Supes it should be fine