Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

The trailer was good for the most part! Seems like it can end up being an average, middling but enjoyable origin story. Levi got some chuckles out of me and how he emobodied the kid nature is what I was most concerned about, so I am put at ease thus far.

A lighthearted and fun DC movie?

Seriously aside from the costume, which I'm just not feeling yet but admittedly does add to the comedy, I think the trailer was really good.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Looks like it could be a fun comedy.

Was that Jerry from TWD as the foster dad?

Retired

It's too bad they can't choose release dates that better match the movies. SHAZAM! looks like it's set around Christmas time (and Fawcett's Captain Marvel always had Christmas-themed issues) so it would probably work better as a Christmas release, but then it would be up against heavy competition. While AQUAMAN is the kind of movie you want to see in summer--especially when the weather is hot and you want to go in an air-conditioned theatre to watch an undersea epic.

The real Captain Marvel looks better.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure about that Shazam movie

I'll need to see more.

MCU's CAPTAIN MARVEL vs DCEU's SHAZAM!
    Gotta love the irony of that.

Anyway, i'm going to watch the two for sure. Always been fond of both Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel.

Plus eh, what? a DC movie who seems fun? No Snyder? Gee, i'm in!!

Well, I'll be ...

If that trailer holds true to what the final product is, then they actually did it.

SHAZAM really does look like "SUPERMAN meets BIG", just like they promised when this movie was first announced years ago. And I mean that in a good way.

OK, SDCC, now where is my CAPTAIN MARVEL trailer for the MCU? I'll take anything official at this point: a full trailer, a teaser trailer, a teaser poster. Give me something here.

I wasn't to interested in Shazam before but this looks like it could be pretty good.
    "It seems that all he does is catches things and moves them." Jessica St. Clair

"He also blows." Paul Scheer

How Did This Get Made? #178, Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Well, I'll be ...

If that trailer holds true to what the final product is, then they actually did it.

SHAZAM really does look like "SUPERMAN meets BIG", just like they promised when this movie was first announced years ago. And I mean that in a good way.

OK, SDCC, now where is my CAPTAIN MARVEL trailer for the MCU? I'll take anything official at this point: a full trailer, a teaser trailer, a teaser poster. Give me something here.
    Is it possible they'll make an NYCC appearance? Do they even do Movie and TV halls in NYCC? I remember hearing that was more regulated to actual comic stuff and merch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergman View Post
    I wasn't to interested in Shazam before but this looks like it could be pretty good.
    Same here. I wasn't that interested in SHAZAM before (sounds like something Gomer Pyle used to say) But the trailer got me interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Costume issues aside it looks surprisingly good in the trailer
    It looks great. Too bad that can't completely disconnect it from the whole MoS/ BvS continuity but at least they are learning from their mistakes and it isn't really all that connected to those movies like any further Superman movies in that continuity will be. I suspect this movie will join Wonder Woman as a breakaway hit- IF word of mouth gets people into the theater.
    Power with Girl is better.

Retired

With all the padded suits we've seen in every Batman movie since 1989 (Adam West was the last actor without augmentation), I don't see what the fuss is about with Billy's costume. When he says he doesn't know how to pee in this thing, I think that right there makes it clear it's some kind of armour he has on and not just a spandex onesie. In the world of this super-hero--as the Big Red Cheese is a product of Billy's imagination--does it need to be realistic? He's looking at the other super-heroes in the world and his mind is replicating their look, but in the wonky way a teen's idea would.

I wish people would take five minutes to scan wikipedia or other sites to get caught up on Shazam and the original Captain Marvel. It's not that hard to do. People say totally ignorant things about the character and the movie, when they have the technology in their hand to know better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    With all the padded suits we've seen in every Batman movie since 1989 (Adam West was the last actor without augmentation), I don't see what the fuss is about with Billy's costume. When he says he doesn't know how to pee in this thing, I think that right there makes it clear it's some kind of armour he has on and not just a spandex onesie.
    I wouldn't know how to pee in a spandex onesie without the carefull use of scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I wouldn't know how to pee in a spandex onesie without the carefull use of scissors.
    I did not need that picture in my mind.