Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I think from now on things are going to start turning in DCs favor.
    Remember that DCEU is over the hump thread too huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Is this based on anything beyond wishful thinking? Flashpoint just got yet another director.
    Isn't the Flash solo movie getting proven directors that made Spider-Man Homecoming and Game Night a good thing? How is that not turning in DC's favor?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Isn't the Flash solo movie getting proven directors that made Spider-Man Homecoming and Game Night a good thing? How is that not turning in DC's favor?
    They wrote not directed Spider-Man Homecoming with 4 others writers also getting credit and they directed Game Night and the god awful Vacation.

I think Captain Marvel will perform better at the box office because practically any MCU film is likely to sell at this point. Plus, Captain Marvel is fairly popular. However, I'm more excited for Shazam.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Well, you can't really back against the MCU film at the moment. I actually personally know very little about Carol Danvers, never read a single comic with her in it. That's just me though. I'd put my money on Captain Marvel.

The film that I'd be most anticipating of the two would certainly be Shazam. If I had more confidence in WB's ability to produce a film that does the character justice.

Is this based on anything beyond wishful thinking? Flashpoint just got yet another director.
    Yup I have some insightful info from a insider from what I've been told things are slowly looking on the up.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Remember that DCEU is over the hump thread too huh?
    I don't think i bortherd with it lol.

BANNED

Yup I have some insightful info from a insider from what I've been told things are slowly looking on the up.
    That's what they said before Justice League came out too.

Marvel’s brand is strong so Captain Marvel will probably do well, because people will go see it just because it’s Marvel.

That being said, Shazam is in my top five DC heroes and I AM SO FREAKING PUMPED FOR THIS MOVIE!!!!

That's what they said before Justice League came out too.
    The Law of averages says the more times you strike out at something the greater you're odds of success the next time you try are.

BANNED

The Law of averages says the more times you strike out at something the greater you're odds of success the next time you try are.
    The law of averages is also inherently incorrect

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/law-of-averages

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Place yer bets!

Next year, we get two superhero movies debuting a month apart from each other: first in March 2019, we get CAPTAIN MARVEL starring Brie Larson from Disney. Then in April 2019, we get SHAZAM! starring Zachary Levi from Warner.

CAPTAIN MARVEL is definitely going to be compared to 2017's WONDER WOMAN.

SHAZAM! ... hmmm ... is probably going to be compared to ... ummm ... I give up, no idea what the closest MCU comparison would be. ANT-MAN, maybe?

And these two films will certainly be compared to each other, due to the history of the name "Captain Marvel" at both Marvel and DC (and Fawcett).

So, which of these two Spring 2019 films do you think will eventually perform better at the box - office? And why?

My first super - early predictions:

CAPTAIN MARVEL has higher expectations , esp since there is no BLACK WIDOW movie yet. It has to make a statement of some kind, i.e "move the needle", to be a hit.

SHAZAM! merely has to "not suck" to be a smashing success (thanks BVS and JL).

I think SHAZAM! will do slightly better domestically, while CAPTAIN MARVEL does better globally.
    I think the Marvel comics movie will perform better strictly on track record. People expect them to be something they want to see.

"Shazam" is fighting an uphill battle but, if the rumors that it is an action comedy are true and if they heavily advertise it as such (and possibly in it's own world setting), it may do well.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The law of averages is also inherently incorrect

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/law-of-averages
    Ok The law of large numbers or law of Foundation then lol
    But Whatever man I already know that I'm just useing it as a basis or what if along with what I all ready know for why I think DC is going to turn around I wasn't saying it was exactly science.....
    Last edited by choptop; 03-07-2018 at 12:23 AM.

Gotta give this one to Captain Marvel. I hope Shazam does well enough to warrant a sequel but at this point, Marvel Studios is unstoppable. I'd like to see Shazam do as well as Dr. Strange. If Captain Marvel is half good, which is the case with most Marvel movies, it should clean up.
    If Aquaman bombs (which I don't think it will), I hope they are able to edit Shazam to make it stand-alone and unattached to the DCU.
    Last edited by maxmcco; 03-07-2018 at 02:33 PM.

Not very fond of the photos coming from shooting

Especially annoying since this is one of the easier costumes to do right