Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Strictly talking about box office, don't know enough either production to talk about quality, Captain Marvel has a MASSIVE advantage with the built in MCU fanbase, while being a part of the DCEU is more like hindrance than anything. Provided Infinity War doesn't disappoint that alone might net Captain Marvel the domestic box office, but if Aquaman is bad Shazam is going to suffer for it.
    This. MARVEL has become a trusted brand. They have 10 years of good will built up and they’ll be coming off of Infinite War which will be huge. I wouldn’t be surprised if Captain Marvel makes more money than Wonder Woman.

While I love Shazam/Captain Marvel lightyears more than Carol, I’m a realist. The DCEU brand is toxic and I don’t expect Aquaman to be the cure. I think Shazam is actually gonna make a lot of money but it doesn’t have the backing of the Marvel Studios brand.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think Shazam is actually gonna make a lot of money but it doesn’t have the backing of the Marvel Studios brand.
    TBH neither needs the Marvel brand behind it. They just need to be good movies on their own merit, it's hard to tell either way though. I expect at worse they'll just be Ant-Man level of success.

I think they both look like pure suckage, really.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/ne...e-replacement/

So, CAPTAIN MARVEL lost the actress who MAY have been playing ... "Monica Rambeau?" ... and replaced her within 24 hours with another actress.

Only reason I suggest that role is that both actresses were Black. And I don't know any prominent Black female roles tied to "Captain Marvel" besides her. Could it be someone else they are playing? If so, who?

I know that CAPTAIN MARVEL is going to be a prequel to IRON MAN 1, as in it's set in the 1990s, well before Tony Stark became Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/ne...e-replacement/

So, CAPTAIN MARVEL lost the actress who MAY have been playing ... "Monica Rambeau?" ... and replaced her within 24 hours with another actress.

Only reason I suggest that role is that both actresses were Black. And I don't know any prominent Black female roles tied to "Captain Marvel" besides her. Could it be someone else they are playing? If so, who?

I know that CAPTAIN MARVEL is going to be a prequel to IRON MAN 1, as in it's set in the 1990s, well before Tony Stark became Iron Man.
    Most likely random black friend made up for the movie. Though I would love Monica to appear iono if this is the place in the 90s.

My enthusiasm for both of these films is very low.

At most, SHAZAM might get a viewing if my kids wanna see it.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    My enthusiasm for both of these films is very low.

At most, SHAZAM might get a viewing if my kids wanna see it.
    Not an MCU fan I'm guessing. I prefer DCs Captain Marvel over Carol but I have faith that her movie will be ok at worst. Possibly another Black Panther at best. MCU has a good track record. Can't say that about the other side. But on paper I like Billy as a character way more then Carol and he's the real CAPTAIN Marvel to me. Even over Mar'vell

Fantastic Member

judging by the early pics of both movies, im leaning towards shazam for now. but of course i would still watch anything marvel as long as feige is involved

Nick fury is in captain marvel also and they are setting up agents of atlas hints as well.

The Skrulls are in Captain Marvel but also Gemma Chan is playing Dr. Minerva a Kree Geneticist.

Also I really liked Incredible Hulk.
    To me the worst mcu film is imax inhumans. Yes it counts. Folks paid to see it on the big screen!

As for the bad guys yeah it's skrulls an a old quasar bad guy.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

How much you want to bet she fights a skrull that looks like herself in the film at one point.

As for shazam. I hope it's good. I always liked shazam. It's just a kid aimed fun comic. (at least the old ones.) When they try to make it dark and gritty like a evil mary marvel and a jerk thief billy (cough new 52 cough) it fails.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 03-19-2018 at 07:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    To me the worst mcu films is imax inhumans. Yes it counts. Folks paid to see it on the big screen!
    It's a tv pilot made by Marvel Television. Marvel Studios hasn't touched The Inhumans.

Still part of the mcu and was released in theaters. Now playing even counts it as a mcu film in their list. Marvel i'm sure will ignore it. (do you blame them?)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Still part of the mcu and was released in theaters. Now playing even counts it as a mcu film in their list. Marvel i'm sure will ignore it. (do you blame them?)
    Being released in theatres does not make you a movie. Episodes of the old Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man tv series have been release in theatres.

I hope the best for both. Just don't place them too close to each other. let both audiences win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope the best for both. Just don't place them too close to each other. let both audiences win.
    Well they're set now technically less than a month apart.

CAPTAIN MARVEL debuts March 6th, 2019.

SHAZAM! debuts April 5th, 2019.

Speaking of, here's the new official movie logo for the DC hero:

Pretty sharp, I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The Skrulls are in Captain Marvel but also Gemma Chan is playing Dr. Minerva a Kree Geneticist.
    Its pretty cool seeing Humans alum showing up in the MCU. First was Letitia Wright as Shuri in Black Panther, now Gemma Chan in Captain Marvel. I wonder who'll be next?