Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Well they're set now technically less than a month apart.

CAPTAIN MARVEL debuts March 6th, 2019.

SHAZAM! debuts April 5th, 2019.

Speaking of, here's the new official movie logo for the DC hero:

Pretty sharp, I must say.
    That logo certainly reinforces that this is a kids movie. That's a good thing, in my opinion. Light sand straight up comedy.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    That logo certainly reinforces that this is a kids movie. That's a good thing, in my opinion. Light sand straight up comedy.
    Supposedly their both are. I don't know why the Marvel version is though.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Supposedly their both are. I don't know why the Marvel version is though.
    Huh? MCU movies are kid friendly but they aren't aimed at kids. Where did you hear Captain Marvel is aimed at young kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Huh? MCU movies are kid friendly but they aren't aimed at kids. Where did you hear Captain Marvel is aimed at young kids?
    wasn't talking about the kid friendly part, but the part about them both being comedies. And i'm not sure if Shazam is purely a kid film cause they described it as Superman meets Tom Hank's BIG

Also the director said this
    "I think it’s very funny but the humor comes more from the situations rather than quippy one-liners (for people who read too much into things, that’s not intended as a dig at Marvel or anyone in particular. Quippy one-liners can be great).
    The important thing for me is to mix the funny with a threat that’s serious and to also have dramatic moments. All funny all the time takes the weight out of it." - david f. sandberg

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    wasn't talking about the kid friendly part, but the part about them both being comedies. And i'm not sure if Shazam is purely a kid film cause they described it as Superman meets Tom Hank's BIG

Ok thought you meant the kid part. ..
    As far as what the director said sounds good. Much like Thor Ragnaroks director understood Dr Stranges humor should be situational not one liners I think Shazams should be the same. He's a kid a in crazy situation just trying to keep his **** together and become a hero. He shouldn't be intentionally funny. Him just being in these situation should provide all the Humor naturally. But Shazam is a kids wish come true i wont be surprised if this aims a little younger then MCU movies and way younger then BvS. But that doesn't mean it can't be great look at 90% of Pixar nd Disneys animated features. Aimed at kids but are so well made adults appreciate them even more. I could be wrong Shazam could also be a funny adult comedy if they wanted. I like Billy as a character 100x more then Carol. I just know MCU hasn't made a movie I haven't enjoyed yet even after 10years. They have ranged from Ok(IM2/Thor2) to better then sex(Bp/Civil War/TWS) for me personally. So in have more faith in one but Shazam is the one I want to see more but I know its more likely to be a **** show. I have faith in Sandberg but I also had faith in David Ayer(Wrote my favorite movie of all time) and SS would have been unwatchable for me if it wasn't for the Actors.

Hold on, JUDE LAW is playing Mar-Vell in CAPTAIN MARVEL???

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY_jXsWVQAENZrA?format=jpg

Oh ... kay?

I mean, I'm not that familiar with Marvel 's Mar-Vell, but "Jude Law" doesn't spring to mind.

What do others think at this point?
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 03-23-2018 at 04:02 PM.

BANNED

Oh ... kay?

I mean, I'm not that familiar with Marvel 's Mar-Vell, but "Jude Law" doesn't spring to mind.

He could do the role very well. I just wish the movie was actually about Mar-Vell and was a heavy drama. But he is also able to be light and funny, and good in action stuff, so this seems like a good fit for what this movie is too

Still don't understand why The Rock isn't in this movie....

Oh ... kay?

Hes actually quite perfect for Mar-Vell imo.

@lifeisIll I don't think anyone does. Maybe they didn't want Black Adam to overshadow Billy iono.

The DCEU is like the memetic loser of movie franchises right now, while the MCU is still critically beloved.

So yeah, no contest, I think Captain Marvel be FAR better received than Shazam's.

Just look at how utterly Black Panther destroyed the freakin' Justice League.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Still don't understand why The Rock isn't in this movie....
    My guess is that he doesn't fit with the tone they're going for. Which is why he's being shoved into suicide squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    My guess is that he doesn't fit with the tone they're going for. Which is why he's being shoved into suicide squad.
    That sounds like a way worse idea. He's too strong for the Squad to fight and if he joined them he would make them redundant. It's like using Superman in these movies. They better write there asses off for Black Adam to make sense in A SS movie. But I think the real goal is OMG The rock and Will Smith together!!!! Give us your money

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That sounds like a way worse idea. He's too strong for the Squad to fight and if he joined them he would make them redundant...
    But it is comic book accurate...

Okay, what happened was that Black Adam hired the Squad to go after Circe with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    But it is comic book accurate...

Okay, what happened was that Black Adam hired the Squad to go after Circe with him.
    If written right it could work but SS had a non sensical plot so I doubt 2 will be a masterpiece. But they probaly arr gonna play up Will Smith and The Rock in a movie together and expects us to just give them our money. Which I 100% will absolutely do and Will do so with a smile.